Brett Stewart according to Weidler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes, even i am saying it is time. Brett should keep a little back for appearances with Catalans, if there is any chance of this.

If Brett remains, while he has lost heaps of pace, he could be an amazing ball playing 5/8, and we should just not sign Blake Green. Something like:-

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Dylan Walker
05. Brayden Wiliame
06. Brett Stewart
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Brett deserves to go out, when Brett wants to. I'm calling it, he was better than Ridge, Eadie - Manly's best ever.

If Brett remains, while he has lost heaps of pace, he could be an amazing ball playing 5/8, and we should just not sign Blake Green. Something like:-

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Dylan Walker
05. Brayden Wiliame
06. Brett Stewart
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Brett deserves to go out, when Brett wants to. I'm calling it, he was better than Ridge, Eadie - Manly's best ever.
No Brett needs to go asap

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Dylan Walker
05. Brayden Wiliame
06. Brett Stewart
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Snake is nowhere near Eadie in range of skills and results.:shake:

Great fullback but not the greatest @:cool:

No Brett needs to go asap

Yes, and a lot of people here wanted to crucify and be rid of Buhrer given his previous injuries (and laughed when I suggested he'd make a very sound captain despite it all).

Pretty sure I also recall you saying Lyon was done & dusted as well before this season, but when he was removed from the team today, you claimed we were going to get upset by Newcastle at Brookvale !!

Sorry, I personally feel Brett Stewart deserves a whole lot more respect than he is being given around here these days. He's got my support - 100%

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Dylan Walker
05. Brayden Wiliame
06. Brett Stewart
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

I doubt you seen enough of Eadie to comment.
Eadie was the rock of Manly for 12 years. Different type of player, but the Wombat did it all. Bust the line at will, inject himself into the backline with devastating bursts, tackle like a demon, kick, return kicks strongly...complete footballer. No doubting Brett's skill, but Eadie never fell away like Brett. Strong to the end and then carved up the UK league. And was never conditioned as an athlete like current players. He was a footballer who destroyed the opposition

Yes, and a lot of people here wanted to crucify and be rid of Buhrer given his previous injuries (and laughed when I suggested he'd make a very sound captain despite it all).

Pretty sure I also recall you saying Lyon was done & dusted as well before this season, but when he was removed from the team today, you claimed we were going to get upset by Newcastle at Brookvale !!

Sorry, I personally feel Brett Stewart deserves a whole lot more respect than he is being given around here these days. He's got my support - 100%
Yes, he does deserve respect like all players. However, suggesting he should move on is not about disrespect, it's about making a call on what people think is best for the team moving forward. Yes, he may come back and still contribute to the team. However, looking at it objectively and playing the odds, it would be a much smarter move to move him on at this point, and start moving forward.

Fans respect Brett and he was a magnificent player who has managed to still play at a reasonable composed high level for years with busted knees and hamstrings but without an inside ball player/s that is linked to our ball-playing structures over the past 7-10 years which injected Brett into the play his limitations as a player now without speed are being showed up.

His lack of overall involvement which to be honest has always been a little low in my view but becoming more so now is showing his attitude is not where it should be or Brett is so injury riddled and lacking confidence he can't impose himself into the contest as much as he would like.

How much will super leauge pay? If Brett stays and plays like he did this year his value will plummet even forthe UK. He is owed 600 for next year so i think if he can sign a deal for close to that he will Brexit.

Agree 100%. Whatever happens i hope we payout his contract in full. We signed him to that deal. He has earned it imo with his past efforts.

If Snake comes back injury free and firing we're laughing.

Killer, Snake and Myles coming back fresh could really reinforce our run to the finals and help with fatigue. Switch snake and Turbo in defence and attack and let the forwards continue carving!

Ridge ??? When talking about our all time greats .M R wouldn't normally pop up as one of the first mentioned.

Respect is a two way thing, I am still stunned that Snake was selected to play this year for so long and also how he did not decline this selection. For most of his career I believe he was our most important player yet the way he was playing made it almost impossible to win with a rebuilding team. Surely after one or two games of no contribution the coach says "Snake what's wrong ,that's not you running around out there" If he then says that it's injury and or lack of interest or whatever then he is given a rest. I have no memory of any of our great players ever playing so badly and appearing so uninterested. A hallmark of the Eagles golden era with the Snake was the amazing attitude and will to win probably beyond any manly team I have seen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4