Brett has lost his mojo .........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
OMG some of you are are a bit harsh ?
If Brett does not play last night we don't win simple as that IMO
I would rather a Brett Stewart there playing for us than not as you never know when he will do something sensational

dont forget,bretts try saving tackles against the raiders
that pass to lyon to set up thematch winning try
call him out of form all you want,he is still playin good footy

I thought he was great. Two very uncharacteristic errors but I still believe he is going well. By season's end I think we will be in awe of what he can do.

2 starts ago MOTM v Dogs
Last week defence wins us game v Raiders

Imagine when he actually gets into form then ...

Guys, how good was Brett under the high ball and those couple of passes on the run where we scored. He ain't 22 and running 100 metres anymore but like Jamie, knows where to be and what to do. He is helping Jorge big time!!
He was as safe as houses on the bombs. Yes, he dropped a few clangers but when you weigh up over the years all the takes he has made then we not much to complain about.
After his serious injuries and still looks a concern, he won't be back to his 100% best but gee, he is a smart footy player and we won't win without him there.
Hearing he was down on himself wouldn't surprise me as he would have high expectations but good to be like that, demanding excellence!

I don't think he is back to his full pace, and may never reach the speed he used to have. These days he seems a little "hesitant" to really pin the ears back and go for those half gaps, maybe he has lost a little confidence with the knee injuries. Anyway I think we will see him develop his passing game instead, and I'm sure there is a good ball player inside there somewhere. After all he has the same genes as Gift, and he is one of the best ball playing forwards in the NRL. I'm looking forward to seeing him develop further as a player and diversify his skill set.

He was our best the last two weeks, but now all of a sudden his lost his mojo

give me a break

Cameron said:
I'm not indulging In the personal abuse but I agree with essence of 40nils

Who are you and what have you done with Cambo!

In seriousness I like the new leaf you have appeared to turn over

silvertail said:
I wish he would jump high in the air to take bombs. Wont be long before a scum player like Crocker lines him up.

Speculating here (but that is what a forum is about) but reckon he wouldn't risk injuring his knee, thats why he won't jump

He was gutted after that second knock-on, but as I said to my mate...he'll remember this game and make up for it tenfold later in the year.

In regards to the team, we are losing mental concentration at vital stages in the game...it's only been individual brilliance that's been keeping us competitive...Tooves needs to address these lapses. I understand it's his first year and I'm sure he's fully aware, but that's his job !

Brett had a super game again last night. The try saver on McGuire was a ripper. Safe under the high ball and some brilliant passes.

8 out of 10 for mine.

Yeah he dropped the ball twice. Big deal they had no effect on the result.

I declared after Dogs game he was back to his best. Nothings changed.

When Brett plays Manly wins. Simple.

Jono said:
Jerry1 said:
Don't know how u lot get around without your Labradors - he isn't playing anywhere near his best. You've forgotten how good he used to be.

Incorrect. I think his attack has had to take a step back with Foran out. However, his defense has improved to a point where he looks like defensive Brett in 2007/2008. Yes, he made mistakes, but so are the rest of the team.

Cut him some slack. Every player is allowed to have an off game, even the Prince.

So its the players who do not make 2 glaring unforced mistakes who are letting the team down.

Only Kite and Buhrer can hold their heads high then, everyone else out the back for uppercuts.

The reason we are all thinking we got away with that one is because of all those stupid mistakes - Stewart included.

Kites crap handing, Choc forcing the pass to Buhrer and Rose and Stewy accounted for 6 of 9 errors last night. Without that we make 3 errors and win well.

Let's all be serious. The current Brett Stewart is still better than 90% of other fullbacks out there, but you can see that when he attacks the line he doesn't qute have the speed and cut of a few years ago. All agreed?

Crusher_Cleal said:
Let's all be serious. The current Brett Stewart is still better than 90% of other fullbacks out there, but you can see that when he attacks the line he doesn't qute have the speed and cut of a few years ago. All agreed?
I'd agree with this but if you asked me to swap him for the Brett of pre injuries I'd do it in a flash. A few dropped balls is neither here or there. We've all played and dropped ball. That's the game. Some games you have a ripper and some you can have a flat one.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Kiwi Eagle said:
2 starts ago MOTM v Dogs
Last week defence wins us game v Raiders

Imagine when he actually gets into form then ...

That's the whole point and I said it from the first post, he just seems a bit out of sorts but with injuries, contract negotiations and his timing he ain't the Brett of old just yet. A few more games under the belt without injury and we'll see the master again.

Maybe my expectations of Brett are too high but when he's firing on all cylinders I think there's no better player to watch.

All this mojo talk reminds me of austin powers
I can just imagine Gronk's in his old "i wanna root brett" thread saying "do I make you horny baby";)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2