Brett and Glenn Stewart must fulfill contracts with the Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MANLY have made further moves to ensure the Stewart brothers aren't snatched from their Brookvale nest before time, approaching NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert for advice about possible "get-out clauses" in their contracts.

Read the full article

"They faxed the clause to him last week and received advice that a rival contract would not be registered until Stewart's deal was done at Manly"

Where would this sort of info come from?
I'm assuming not from the club and not from Schubert

Chip and Chase said:
MANLY have made further moves to ensure the Stewart brothers aren't snatched from their Brookvale nest before time, approaching NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert for advice about possible "get-out clauses" in their contracts.

Read the full article
Let's hope the Stewart's show that same loyalty to the club that was exhibited by Jamie.

If they want to chase the $$ when their contracts expire then good luck to them. Don't get me wrong, I would be devastated if they left but they should be able to look after themselves.

What would piss me off, however, is if they left because of Hasler. This club and its supporters have stood by these boys, particularly snake. If they left to be with Des then that would be a slap in the face to all of the club's fans.

Havings said all that it must be remembered that this is merely another DT bashing of Manly.

Doesn't every club have the same salary cap? Haven't we just lost Rodney, Hopoate and a few others?

If the cap goes up, so to, does Manly's?

The Dragons and Dogs can threaten purchasing our players all they like, but if you look at both rosters, and the acquisitions they have made, fitting another two players likely to take up 20% of a teams cap means they'd have zero chance.

Either the people that write these stories aren't the brightest, and struggle with math, or they are just morons who try and cause trouble.

It's just a new spin on an old story, hopefully Glenn being contracted longer than Brett keep's them together at Manly. The media keeps on saying they will both get big offers from rival clubs, Glenn definitely would but I'm not so sure about Brett's ability to attract big offers with his injury concerns. Glenn's career is definitely still on the up but can we say that about Brett's??

Before people attack me for saying that, Brett is one of my all time favourite players but just I'm just stating an opinion about Brett's future. In saying that I still want Manly to keep both players most definitely

AshfieldBazza said:
It's just a new spin on an old story, hopefully Glenn being contracted longer than Brett keep's them together at Manly. The media keeps on saying they will both get big offers from rival clubs, Glenn definitely would but I'm not so sure about Brett's ability to attract big offers with his injury concerns. Glenn's career is definitely still on the up but can we say that about Brett's??

Before people attack me for saying that, Brett is one of my all time favourite players but just I'm just stating an opinion about Brett's future. In saying that I still want Manly to keep both players most definitely

When Brett Stewart is on the team, we are a completely different outfit. Completely.

I agree with you their Ryan 100% but will other clubs in a years time when Brett is almost 28 willing to shell out a big 3 or 4 year deal? I hope not and that we can keep him together with Glenn

I dont know what you lot complaining are on about. There is nothing sinister, unfair or factually incorrect in that piece.

Can Brett last a full season this year?? That is a big question as he hasn't had a full season for awhile. Farrar will get a few runs to see Brett over the course of the season. We need him in finals time.

Darren - Brett played for most of 2011, pretty amazing given the surgery of the year before.

To put Farrar and Brett in the same sentence is ridiculous. Farrar is steady at best and no game-breaker.

No Robbo, No Hoppa. Brett is more important to us this year than ever before. As much as I appreciate Farrar's talents, I see fullback as our possible achilles heel.

I just wonder if they're looking to transform Whare at some stage.

Jatz Crackers said:
I dont know what you lot complaining are on about. There is nothing sinister, unfair or factually incorrect in that piece.

There's nothing new or unknown in it either. It's just simply another muckraking piece to try and stir up unrest between the club and the players.

Canteen Worker said:
Darren - Brett played for most of 2011, pretty amazing given the surgery of the year before.

To put Farrar and Brett in the same sentence is ridiculous. Farrar is steady at best and no game-breaker.
Point taken - however Farrar might surprise you all this year. A year in ESL to develop, I personally have read nothing bad about the bloke (besides from several doubters on this forum).

Darren said:
Can Brett last a full season this year?? That is a big question as he hasn't had a full season for awhile. Farrar will get a few runs to see Brett over the course of the season. We need him in finals time.

God help us, this is the huge weakness we have this year.

The difference between Brett and Hoppa was minor.

The difference between Brett and Robbo was fairly big.

The difference between Brett and Farrar is light years.

That's why Des preferred Farrar over Robbo I suppose when Brett was out ?? Bob we get that you don't like Farrar, but to say he was a order of magnitude worse than Robbo at the back is stretching it. Hoppa's coverage at 1 is a big hole to fill though.

bob dylan said:
Darren said:

God help us, this is the huge weakness we have this year.

The difference between Brett and Hoppa was minor.

The difference between Brett and Robbo was fairly big.

The difference between Brett and Farrar is light years.

I found Farrar to have better instincts at fullback than Robbo and a better passing game to capitilise on the play 'out the back'. Defensively they appeared equal with Robertson having the edge with bombs.

The team was far better served with Robbo on the wing and Farrar playing out the back, than the other way around.

What's the fixation with Farrar versus M. Robertson/B. Stewart at fullback anyway? Obviously the latter is in a class of his own, so comparisons are probably pointless.

Surely the point is that he can fill in very competently in a number of positions - fullback, centre, wing and possibly in the halves. I think he could make it as a very solid 5/8 for example.

He is experienced (at a relatively early stage of his career) and he probably comes quite cheaply.

Matai's ongoing shoulder/judiciary issues, Wolfman's propensity to suffer from injury and the 'softly softly' approach to Snake's recovery from knee surgery make having a player like Farrar around a smart move indeed. He is an excellent defender and a good attacking player.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8