Brenton Lawrence fires back at dissension rumours

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Prop Brenton Lawrence has fired back at suggestions that there are factions and dissent among the Sea Eagles playing group.

"We are the tightest bunch of guys I have ever played with," one of the key men in the club's premiership campaign said.

"And you can see that from week to week when we show up and we are side by side making tackles and pushing in support.

Read More

Prop Brenton Lawrence has fired back at suggestions that there are factions and dissent among the Sea Eagles playing group.

"We are the tightest bunch of guys I have ever played with," one of the key men in the club's premiership campaign said.

"And you can see that from week to week when we show up and we are side by side making tackles and pushing in support.

"When someone makes a break you have five or six blokes chasing up his tail to try and help him out."

He said is what the playing group works on every day and every week.

The speculation resurfaced this week with revelations that star centre Steve Matai had requested a release from the final year of his contract and was still disappointed by the circumstances in which his good mate Glenn Stewart will leave the club

"I believe he is happy, as far as I know about a release he hasn't spoken about it at all," Lawrence said.

"And I think that is a credit to him, putting the team ahead of his own concerns."

Lawrence said in rugby league people come and go.

"I love Stevey and I would love him to stay, I would also just respect whatever he is thinking and whatever he wants to do in the future."

Lawrence said there was the business side of the club and there was the football team.

"All we are really concerned with from day to day is the football team," he said.

Lawrence said any outside influences involving the Sea Eagles brand really doesn't filter down to the playing group.

"To be honest it is all water of a duck's back, it doesn't affect me and I know it doesn't affect a lot of the players," he said.

Lock Tom Symonds admitted he was sick of talking about the topic.

"I think it has been beaten up a bit more than probably is the truth," Symonds said.

"If you look at some of the combinations that have been going really well and some of the footy we have been playing just shows that we are a tight-knit group.

"You guys can come up with something new to write about hopefully," he told reporters today.
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-star-brenton-lawrence-fires-back-at-dissension-rumours/story-fngr8iii-1226991235240

Every bit of disharmony talk looks bad on Dave Perry. Which is exactly why the person who starts these rumours does so. The sooner this cancer has nothing more to do with the club, the better.

bones said:
Every bit of disharmony talk looks bad on Dave Perry. Which is exactly why the person who starts these rumours does so. The sooner this cancer has nothing nothing more to do with the club, the better.

Exactly....Buzz you hear that , your mate. " the leak" needs to go and play Bingo in the old peoples home , best place for him!!

When will the media learn. The more they try to derail the mighty eagles the more we soar.

Mabye there all closet manly fans and they know dragging us through the media will help us. :)

Most players that leave Manly had to be dragged out the door kicking and screaming because they desperately wanted to stay. Even some officials, lol.

Mark from Brisbane said:
bones said:
Every bit of disharmony talk looks bad on Dave Perry. Which is exactly why the person who starts these rumours does so. The sooner this cancer has nothing nothing more to do with the club, the better.

Exactly....Buzz you hear that , your mate. " the leak" needs to go and play Bingo in the old peoples home , best place for him!!

Hmmm.. who to believe, Paul Kent or "Matt Ballin, Brenten Laurence and Tom Symonds?"

His "Leak" friend is clearly Todd Carney. And the rumours were changed from Cronulla Sharks to Manly Sea Eagles by Kent.

Ok, what article is coming next to try and destabilise Manly's run to the 2014 NRL premiership?

I guess the comforting thing is that this media BS would be happening even if we were running dead last (yeah, like that's ever happened or will happen).

“I think it has been beaten up a bit more than probably is the truth,” Symonds said.

“You guys can come up with something new to write about hopefully,” he told reporters today.

- lol, don't bet on it T-Red!!!

(actually best not to bet at all.)

Here is Matt Ballin's interview on fox sports news

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=ballin-no-tension-at-manly_1226989461473&vc=222

Poor guy has had a paralysed vocal chord!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4