Brent Naden

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a joke, they have hit him with a wet lettuce!! He should have got the same sentence that Barba got for snorting that crap. If I were a team mate of his I would be very disturbed that he chose to do this before a grand final.

This guy now will play games that he is not entitled to and the NRL yet again do not deal with the recreational drug abuse that continues on its merry way.

We need better leadership in our game!

Is it actually a criminal offence to have cocaine detected in your system though?

Possession of cocaine is certainly a criminal act but unless you're driving a car & are stopped & drug tested, I dont think charges can be laid for it being in your system (unless it's a condition of parole perhaps?)
If it is in a bag in your pocket you will get a possession charge. If it is in your body all sweet, according to the nrl. So make sure all the coke you have is stored inside your body.

The nrl is the equivalent of a teacher saying to a student “are you chewing gum young man?”

Kid (swallows): “no miss I don’t have any gum”.

I always struggle when people sight previous punishments as the way to go forward.

I would hope the game learns and adapts from how Barber and others were punished. I am not aware of the specifics regarding this case (and judging by the posts here no one else seems to either) however I do advocate for a more sensible non blanket approach to recreational drugs

It’s the absolute lack of consistency that drives me crazy. They need to tell us what the rules actually are from here on in rather than make it up as you go!!!

Im starting to think the NRL does not take consistent action against any individual player, the punishment seems to be more based on the team the individual plays for....I have little doubt the NRL has its pet favourites and then there's - the rest, which includes Manly...

Andrew walker’s career was finished after he did this, following the final game of the season when we flogged Souths at north Sydney oval.
In the NRLs defense i thin asada and wada had the 4 year ban for Nose Beers. It’s now be reduced by them.

I think we would all be surprised if the true number of NRL players who got on coke, pingers and other party drugs was made public. I think it would be safe to say over 50% would be close to the mark.

The 2 issues are 1) illegality and 2) performance enhancement.
The fact that for political reasons some substances are illegal (and ironically, as a result are unregulated and hence more dangerous) isn't something we need the NRL to make a stand on.
Performance enhancement is another matter entirely and cocaine can have those effects, though is probably more commonly used recreationally.
If the NRL's penalty is in line with WADA then Naden's non-penalty is fine. The problem seems to be that no-one is clear on whether he took the drug before or after the game, would seem to be a rather pertinent question!

The 2 issues are 1) illegality and 2) performance enhancement.
The fact that for political reasons some substances are illegal (and ironically, as a result are unregulated and hence more dangerous) isn't something we need the NRL to make a stand on.
Performance enhancement is another matter entirely and cocaine can have those effects, though is probably more commonly used recreationally.
If the NRL's penalty is in line with WADA then Naden's non-penalty is fine. The problem seems to be that no-one is clear on whether he took the drug before or after the game, would seem to be a rather pertinent question!
Surely most drugs are performance enhancing. An aspirin eases a headache in order for you to perform better in a chosen task. It's my understanding that cocaine makes you feel more confident and, thus, would aid the performance of all sportspeople.

The game needs real leadership not this Claytons bull****!
I have to say that I'm not impressed with either V'landys or the bloke who's taken over from Greenturd, all I see is a lot of knee jerk reaction and bias towards the same old clubs, if this bloke was an Eagle they would have thrown the book at him, under their stewardship the game we love is fast becoming a case of two different classes, those with influence versus those without

I have to say that I'm not impressed with either V'landys or the bloke who's taken over from Greenturd, all I see is a lot of knee jerk reaction and bias towards the same old clubs, if this bloke was an Eagle they would have thrown the book at him, under their stewardship the game we love is fast becoming a case of two different classes, those with influence versus those without
Yeah the whole system is so imbalanced. What annoys me the most is the administrators insistence that the salary cap has created a level playing field. V’landys is no different.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6