Brent Naden

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If he tested positive GF night that’s means he’s been doing Nose beers the week of the grand final. WTF how serious is this bloke about his footy. Watch for the media to say this problem was caused by the disgusting racial abuse he copped from those
Warriors fans.

If he tested positive GF night that’s means he’s been doing Nose beers the week of the grand final. WTF how serious is this bloke about his footy. Watch for the media to say this problem was caused by the disgusting racial abuse he copped from those
Warriors fans.

While Naden has been provisionally suspended under the NRL's Anti-Doping policy, he could benefit from a new WADA ruling, according to Nine's NRL reporter Danny Weidler.

Cocaine is prohibited In-Competition by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the NRL's Anti-Doping Policy, but incredibly, if Naden can prove he used the drug in a recreational manner, rather than to enhance his performance, he could get away with serving a suspension of up to only three months.

Roberts that Bloke has had more than enough chances to rehabilitate. At the end of the day the individual has to want to change. Society, including a footy club and getting a second chance can play a part. But just like Todd Carney found out, that is not an open ticket to just keep stepping on one's ****.

Even if Naden has the same addiction as Roberts, and I know he had some issues at the Knights. But the two are still chalk and cheese for mine.

Roberts No Way. Naden Every Day.

Still chalk and cheese? What Nadan uses, looks a little like chalk :)

It is concerning that it was in his system for the grand final. I wonder how they can argue it wasn't performance enhancing. He was certainly alert and fearless in his 31 minutes. He was "on" - played great.

It is concerning that it was in his system for the grand final. I wonder how they can argue it wasn't performance enhancing. He was certainly alert and fearless in his 31 minutes. He was "on" - played great.
at least it was not white line fever but then again maybe it was On a serious note however , hope that he can still have a future worthwhile footy career

Another day another legal minefield for the NRL to navigate.
What if The 'Riff had won the GF? Could they be stripped of their premiership? Certainly there would be many people believing that they fielded an 'illegal' player.
Regardless, the NRL must now formulate a clearly-defined ruling about punishment for a team fielding a player later found to have ingested/administered illegal substances. Whatever their rule it must be made public so that everyone knows the ramifications, ie:
Does the club lose any premiership points for a match in which such a breach is proven?
If so, do these points transfer to the opposition team?
In finals matches does a club lose its chance to compete further/its premiership?

Who would have ever thought such a simple sport could become so murky?

Another day another legal minefield for the NRL to navigate.
What if The 'Riff had won the GF? Could they be stripped of their premiership? Certainly there would be many people believing that they fielded an 'illegal' player.
Regardless, the NRL must now formulate a clearly-defined ruling about punishment for a team fielding a player later found to have ingested/administered illegal substances. Whatever their rule it must be made public so that everyone knows the ramifications, ie:
Does the club lose any premiership points for a match in which such a breach is proven?
If so, do these points transfer to the opposition team?
In finals matches does a club lose its chance to compete further/its premiership?

Who would have ever thought such a simple sport could become so murky?
The 3 knights in 1997 got totally glossed over, and they were steroids - no chance they were recreational. Robbie O'Davis (Clive Churchill Medallist), Adam MacDougall and Wayne Richards all tested positive.

For coke if it is not on game day I guess there is an argument that it isn't performance enhancing? But on game day??

Edit: the NRL has this on its website, published yesterday:

No mention of the positive drugs tests for Robbie, Adam and Wayne.

Last edited:
Still chalk and cheese? What Nadan uses, looks a little like chalk :)
Naden on the coke after or before the grand final isn't flash. I still think it falls into insignificance compared to Jimmy the Jets decade long problem. Which one is more likely to turn their life around?

But our club would certainly have to do their due diligence. You have to be concerned if a players happy to hit the snow, but even more so if hitting it prior to a match. Then add it's not just any match here.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6