Brent Naden

Would be a fantastic signing. In saying that, going on the last 5 years of recruitment form, we won’t even be in the discussion.

Of course having 3 players taking up over 3 million of our cap doesn’t help..
Which the Panthers are going have now as they seek to tie up their 1/6/7/9 for the future ( Cleary already locked in on a million plus ).

Apparently they are going to have to let some of their stars go after paying a fortune for Kikau in addition to the above.

Last edited:
Would be a fantastic signing. In saying that, going on the last 5 years of recruitment form, we won’t even be in the discussion.

Of course having 3 players taking up over 3 million of our cap doesn’t help..
Wouldnt most clubs have that scenario. Tedesco, Keary, Cordner. oh of course they get paid unders......Latrell, Reynolds & Co...Hunt, Norman and Co...Reynolds, Packer & co.....

I must say that unlike Easts, the Storm do lose players when they win a premiership. Somehow they manage to recruit little known players and turn them into stars. Many other clubs, such and Easts, Doesn'tmatta and now Canterbury, buy established first graders.
Next season Strom will lose both wingers, the giant second rower Tino (sic), Scam/or one of the back-up hookers . . . and I'll bet they will still be among the competition front runners.
The 'Riff will lose some of their GF roster but are in the fortunate position of having the largest junior development region in NSW so it won't hurt them too much.

Smith will be a bigger loss than they've seen before though, however, their forward pack is still very similar. I expect them to compete hard and finish 6th-4th but this season was a pretty soft comp (and a short one), a lot of teams on the up next year. Spine is still great w/ Grant returning although I think we've seen over the last two years (especially last year in a longer and stronger comp) that they've relied on C. Smith taking control and centring them. Even in the GF there was a point Smith got visibly frustrated with how scrappily and disjointed they were playing. Soon enough they conceded 20 points in 30 odd minutes or whatever it was. They weren't the same team last year, and despite winning this year they just weren't as dangerous as an in form Roosters or Panthers or even Rabbits. Defence is declining, even Bellamy said he knew they weren't as talented as their older teams but they often competed well.

With the shorter comp and a pretty good draw they never really faced off against many in form top teams all year. Even chooks games both teams had injuries and relied on a late comeback.

Comp seems much better all round for next year. I just hope it's not the Eels or Bulldogs that improve too much in 2021. Keen to see how titans go and the riff after that confidence killer. Raiders slightly worse, Warriors interesting w/ AFB and new coach. If we scrape through without many major injuries (like Riff, Storm this year) we will be there as well. Broncos interesting but bottom 8 I hope (although prefer Kevvie to Seibold)

As for Naden we should definitely go after him, his defence wasn't even that bad in the GF.

Should be playing first grade somewhere and would be very surprised if the Panthers would let him go . Manly surely have their centre options already settled [ unless Naden is looked at as a winger ] and apparently still have to sort out their wing options from the 2020 line up before they can finalize some outside options . Maybe that will hopefully happen soon to get a bit of stability there going forward .

Should be playing first grade somewhere and would be very surprised if the Panthers would let him go . Manly surely have their centre options already settled [ unless Naden is looked at as a winger ] and apparently still have to sort out their wing options from the 2020 line up before they can finalize some outside options . Maybe that will hopefully happen soon to get a bit of stability there going forward .
Naden plays on the wing as well . He is an impact aggressive player .
We have resigned Miski
I know that one great individual try does not make a great player but this try against the Warriors
was the longest running range individual try and the best individual solo try from any of our back up backs this year.
Great kick by DCE and Miski had to do it on his own and did it all on his own from our 40 metre line.
These are the individual tries that makes the Manly jumper proud and lives up to its Legendary statues
2:31 into the highlights
Take it away Miski !!!

Last edited:
Naden plays on the wing as well . He is an impact aggressive player .
We have resigned Miski
I know that one great individual try does not make a great player but this try against the Warriors
was the longest running range individual try and the best individual solo try from any of our back up backs this year.
Great kick by DCE and Miski had to do it on his own and did it all on his own from our 40 metre line.
These are the individual tries that makes the Manly jumper proud and lives up to its Legendary statues
2:31 into the highlights
Take it away Miski !!!

I like Miski. I hope he gets more games next season (unless we sign a few out and out superstars instead..lol)

M
I like Miski. I hope he gets more games next season (unless we sign a few out and out superstars instead..lol)
miski us a poor mans josh mansour, and josh mansour sucks.
Would like him to go well obviously if we have put faith on him, but just really not a fan of those run hard but gumpy type wingers, like mansour, ravalawa etc mould.

Would rather a big athlete like Saab

Play him on the wing for four games, and the rest of the year at full back. (Sorry Tommy:devil:).

How dumb is Ivan Cleary. Deviated from what worked all year by benching Naden, only brought him back on when it was too late. Panthers outscored Melbourne 20-0 when he was on.

Bizarre.

Would I want Naden at Manly - probably not. Too good to be wing, and we have too many centres.

The whole Penrith squad seemed faster and bulkier this year, so unless Manly... replicate their approach to the game, I dont see us getting as much utility out of him.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2