BREAKING NEWS : Toovey Appointed for 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im happy about this. Im glad the board finally made a good decision. I am much more confident about our mighty clubs future. Excited also b the prospect of beaver and cliffy also part of the team.

i think everyone is forgetting how much tooves and dessy are mates. I really think this year under des with alot more input into the really finer points of our coaching structure and methods will prepare him really well for the future. I pose this question to you, if u were helping your best mate get ready to take up a position for future years with players you have come to love would u help him to the best of your abilities. I know i would 5tooves has been dessys right hand man for 7 years there is a very strong bond there remember this could be crucial for all of our players they see toovs taking the rains as a good thing then why leave a successfull and awesome group of mates.

Bayllistic said:
seaeagles4life said:
Corso_Pete said:
The Wheel said:
Corso_Pete said:
Beaver was possibly our worst ever captain over the past 15 years or so, just don't think he has the right personality to be a successful coach

If not coaching Pete what about team manager position for Beaver?

Would love have to Beaver involved in some capacity, just not in a leadership role, it just seem to be his forte

Imagine Beaver running the water as trainer! I think I would just about cheer everytime he takes the field, do you think he would put his headgear on? haha

Doesn't Beaver own a successful finance/mortgage company and has a degree in accounting?, with his passion for the club and his business acumen wouldn't he better off running for the board, or another position in the front office. Would be great to have him involved in any case.
That's Tooves.

Yes Beaver is a director in a mortgage/financial education company in Brookvale

In fact the company even has "Menzies Financial ...er....do dahs" as its name, walked past it tonight but can't remember the full name.

Yes Beaver would be GREAT to have on the board, if apart from nothing else his ability to get on with other people and be the peacemaker. But his experience would be a gift to the board.

Corso_Pete said:
Beaver was possibly our worst ever captain over the past 15 years or so, just don't think he has the right personality to be a successful coach

One gaurantee with a Beaver coached side is that there'd never be a "Cattledog" call. lol

Great news. That's the first step for us getting back on track. Next is Crusher. Has anyone got any news on that front?

Seeing Toovey has been learning under hasler for so long i'm fairly happy with his appointment. But in saying that i would rather a more experienced first grade coach coming in. ASAP

Masked Eagle said:
Looks like they spoke to Toovs in the board meeting. Something I said I hope they do. Just hope it doesn't become too much of a distraction, I'm sure it will be for us as fans and especially the media which will make us even more angry towards them, but more so for the playing group.

Eventhough it wasn't my preference, the decision is now made and I can live with it, however if Des takes part in any contract negotiations with any Manly player about heading to the Dogs in 2013 his contract should be terminated immediately.

i agree!

Northern Rhino said:
i think everyone is forgetting how much tooves and dessy are mates. I really think this year under des with alot more input into the really finer points of our coaching structure and methods will prepare him really well for the future. I pose this question to you, if u were helping your best mate get ready to take up a position for future years with players you have come to love would u help him to the best of your abilities. I know i would 5tooves has been dessys right hand man for 7 years there is a very strong bond there remember this could be crucial for all of our players they see toovs taking the rains as a good thing then why leave a successfull and awesome group of mates.

i totally agree!

Ceagle said:
Tooves I think was actually on the NRMA board at one point, he is a smart bloke.
he is still there. Coming up for re-election on the 21st.
I made some slight changes to his campaign spiel.:p

GEOff TOOVEY
Qualifications-Experience
B.Bus, CA, MAICD
Contact Details
0412 066 498
Biographical Notes
I have lived and worked in our region all
my life.
As a Chartered Accountant currently
Chairing the NRMA’s Audit and Risk
Management Committee I keep a close
watch on NRMA’s financial performance.
I’ve held several Directorships in local
not-for-profit organisations, and am still
actively involved with the Sea Eagles.(I'll be the Head coach in 2013...or sooner!!...woohoo...yeah baby!)
As an NRMA Director I have worked to
protect older drivers against unfair licence
changes, seen the implementation of
a fairer demerit point system, pushed
Government to invest in local roads and
audit speed cameras. The commitment by
the state government to widen Mona Vale
Road is a direct result of our local lobbying.
I am passionate about the way we have
protected motorists’ rights and opposed
unfair rises in the costs of motoring, like
more tax on petrol.
I have obtained numerous NRMA grants
for local community groups and charities.
With our more4members card scheme,
members have saved $53 million in the last
3 years.
New services like Safer Driving Schools,
Motorserve Car Servicing Centres, NRMA
AutoGlass and reinvesting in our legendary
roadside assistance have added further
value to membership.
That’s why I’m asking for your Vote - keep
your NRMA strong.

Important to keep in mind Des has been a tough honourable leader but there is a vested interest already built, no doubt. Tooves was ready yesterday to take over & those who feel he will take time to adjust are in for a good suprise, he knows his stuff & is every bit as competitive as Des. At least the board has got in & made the future a little clearer & more importantly kept the supporters informed instead of this announcement next week/month/year crap. Love the Tooves decision & though its great to mention Beaver & Cliffy involved, 1 outsider would work perfect as Tooves offsider- Joey Johns. Give me an uppercut if you want but if you think about it, we would have the perfect combination of toughness, tactics & competitiveness imo.

Manly need to not announce that Des will go next year (2012) until they approached the players with the stability news and ensure they have their commitment. When they are reassured (and perhaps slight amendments made to update the Des clause to the Tooves clause) they will then make the move to appoint Tooves as head coach 2012.....

This is my prediction.....

Absolutely briliant he's actually my voting proxy on the nrma board.

He's manly to the bone good choice,he may even make those players thinking of leaving stay.

MK Eagle said:
Important to keep in mind Des has been a tough honourable leader but there is a vested interest already built, no doubt. Tooves was ready yesterday to take over & those who feel he will take time to adjust are in for a good suprise, he knows his stuff & is every bit as competitive as Des. At least the board has got in & made the future a little clearer & more importantly kept the supporters informed instead of this announcement next week/month/year crap. Love the Tooves decision & though its great to mention Beaver & Cliffy involved, 1 outsider would work perfect as Tooves offsider- Joey Johns. Give me an uppercut if you want but if you think about it, we would have the perfect combination of toughness, tactics & competitiveness imo.

Spot on.

Looks like Toovey will play more of a head coach role next year

"Tooves will take on an increased role next year with a view to Des starting to hand things over." Penn

freaking hell, I feel like we just won another GF after being 30 points down......

Its unbelievable! they got it right! pinch me!

Des will be good next year and Tooves will make it 3 in a row in 2013

NUF SAID

Northern Rhino said:

This is so naive. At the end of the day, come 2013 Des Hasler has a job with another club. Yes, he will help Tooves out. But you're kidding if you think he's just going to do that and leave it at that. He is going to a job at a club where they are going to demand and expect success, almost immediately. And what's going to be the best way to get that success - try and take as many people with you as possible...............mateship simply doesn't come into it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2