BREAKING NEWS: Broncos to withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=185909.msg305103#msg305103 date=1289037727]

Asotasi for us ? I am not sure, he has been down on form for a few years now, shown that he has gone from being kiwi skipper to not being in the top 6-7 front rowers now (although some of that is political)

In fairness to Roy, the Rabbits will have that effect on you. As GI will soon find out ;)
[/quote]SPOT ON!!!....;)

from todays paper

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/how-greg-inglis-reneged-on-1m-deal-with-brisbane-broncos/story-e6frexnr-1225949108569

But Inglis was ready to dud his new club.

He was suddenly in Sydney and spent Friday afternoon with his parents. He also talked to Anthony Mundine, who acted as a go-between for Inglis in talks with South Sydney officials
Inglis rang Gee on Saturday morning and said: "It's raining and I don't think the planes are flying."

Gee told Inglis the planes did in fact fly in the wet. At 1.30pm on Saturday, the call that Brisbane feared arrived. The handshake had apparently been forgotten when Inglis told Gee: "I'm not coming back. And I'm not signing.

"A few other things are going on."

He had reneged on his deal. And his handshake.

Away from Bronco eyes, Mundine was pulling his mate Inglis to Redfern.

Fed up with the drama, Brisbane pulled the offer. Senior Broncos players backed management's decision.

Inglis will this week sign a two-year, $1 million deal with Souths.

Brisbane are reluctant to criticise Inglis but believe he acted with little or no professionalism.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289159918[/time]

we had Burgess stitched up too with a handshake as well and then he signed with souths too

bit of a Recurring theme here

Inglis has now broker an agreement with the broncos and so did dunny bill williams.  Common denominator - Mundane.

Unfair on the broncos as there is now no-one else to sign for next season to replace Inglis. 

Why were the Broncos surprised ? Why would you trust someone who was willing to sell out his state of birth for a dollar.

Have to laugh at the planes don't fly in the wet comment though.

How the hell can Souths fit him after all their signings in th elast few years - Burgess/Taylor/Croker etc - Luke has just re signed long term and they still have room under the cap to fit Inglis even with the extras??

I said at the time Johns made his statement the only thing he got wrong was leaving stupid or dumb off the front of his comment, seems truer by the day

I would like to know which people think is the most unethical;

1. Simulating sex with a dog?
or
2. Playing for Queensland when you are brought up in NSW and engaging in Domestic Violence and going back on your word and taking large amounts of money from charities that are supposed to be helping Aboriginal children?

Fonz link said:
Is there any talk of Manly signing Asotasi anywhere else or just on here?

Just here, Newcastle are interested. We can't afford any marquee platers.

Can't wait to see where Inglis decides to live if he signs with souths.  He'll need a huge garage cos you know, redfern has so many waterways.  Actually, the sewers give a good wave or two when it's raining.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=185909.msg305260#msg305260 date=1289190266]
Just here, Newcastle are interested. We can't afford any marquee platers.

So it IS the free sandwiches thats causing all the fiscal grief.
[/quote]

lol

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289203972[/time]

Inglis is starting to sound just like Mundine. Inglis was asked how he felt about reneging on the broncos, his answer was something along the lines of "I'm my own man and have to do the best for myself"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6