Announcement Brace yourselves, upgrades are coming

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So soon the season will be at an end, once that happens we will be going through a series of upgrades.

This will mean for sometime chunks fo the site will not be working. We will first get the base system upgraded to a whole new version of the system we use.
Once that happens base functionality will be there but we will have to do a whole lot of changes and upgrades to things like Giphy, tipping comp, game threads etc to get us back on track.

We will probably get rid of the front page or at least in some way or for will have a different landing page, as very few people go there and most people end up in the forums anyway.

It will take most of the off season to do the masses of coding that needs to happen, but once it does we should have a faster, more modern and functional site for all of us.

I will try my best to limit outages but the main thing is the forum software will take about a day to upgrade.

I will wait until the season is over to complete that but the work needs to start pretty soon. Any PHP coders out there who wouldn't mind helping out, I would be glad of the assistance to expedite things.

Dan

So soon the season will be at an end, once that happens we will be going through a series of upgrades.

This will mean for sometime chunks fo the site will not be working. We will first get the base system upgraded to a whole new version of the system we use.
Once that happens base functionality will be there but we will have to do a whole lot of changes and upgrades to things like Giphy, tipping comp, game threads etc to get us back on track.

We will probably get rid of the front page or at least in some way or for will have a different landing page, as very few people go there and most people end up in the forums anyway.

It will take most of the off season to do the masses of coding that needs to happen, but once it does we should have a faster, more modern and functional site for all of us.

I will try my best to limit outages but the main thing is the forum software will take about a day to upgrade.

I will wait until the season is over to complete that but the work needs to start pretty soon. Any PHP coders out there who wouldn't mind helping out, I would be glad of the assistance to expedite things.

Dan

I’ve been called a “ Pretty Hip Poppy” , does that count???

Oh God...
I will try to keep it as "oh god" free as possible, but we have to upgrade as we are outside our support timeline for this version and the overhaul has to happen.

Hopefully you will be doing it late October, well after we have dissected our 2019 premiership triumph
The downtime without being able to post will be less than a day hopefully

I will try to keep it as "oh god" free as possible, but we have to upgrade as we are outside our support timeline for this version and the overhaul has to happen.

The downtime without being able to post will be less than a day hopefully
Is that there any help available for those who struggle emotionally with the downtime without being able to post?
My counselor, Dr James Beam is expensive but worth it for a while...

images (1).jpeg

Right, I think I got most of that but even google translate didn't help with the bits I didn't understand. I guess after the grand final I'll just come back in about 5 months

Right, I think I got most of that but even google translate didn't help with the bits I didn't understand. I guess after the grand final I'll just come back in about 5 months
It will be fine, downtime will be very little but things will look funky for a bit

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2