Bozo slams Sea Eagles board, backs Geoff Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm with Ken.

"Manly is a resilient old club," Arthurson said. "We have been through tough times before. We have been on our knees but have always been able to stand up and get back on top again. This club has always bounced back."

One thing with toovey is that he has plenty of business experience which can only help him going forward in an unstable business environment

From the article

"It is understood Perry told the board he would quit if the club didn't axe Peters."

OK so he wasn't made to quit and now he should resign!

I'd vote Zorba onto the board. Despite what some people say I'm 100% certain he only has Manly's best interests at heart. I would also like to see Fulton get a position on the board, but he doesn't sound like he is interested.

But one thing is absolutely certain, Toovey must coach.

Daniel said:
One thing with toovey is that he has plenty of business experience which can only help him going forward in an unstable business environment
Toovey has got it all he is mentally tough and smart :D:D:D

Little Grubber Kick said:
From the article

"It is understood Perry told the board he would quit if the club didn't axe Peters."

OK so he wasn't made to quit and now he should resign!

If this was true then it is a big mistake by David Perry.

Perry is still on his training wheel as a COO/CEO and should have been cooler under pressure. Sure Zorba was childish and petulant in bringing it to a head but Perry should have been thinking of the long term picture and should not have enflamed the situation with Zorba after he made the idiotic "good sort" gaffe.

Perry has to learn to be much cooler under pressure situations - if he can do that then he will work out fine as COO. Remember this is his first gig in such a position.

But based on the great things Perry has done already in the short time he has been here and the team he has built (membership marketing merchandise), my preference would be for him to stay. Everyone of us makes mistakes and thats the only way to learn.

Am sure Perry can work out well despite this blunder over Zorba, but he must learn to be the peacemaker and not flare up every time he has a challenge. If he is a hothead and not a peacemaker then he won't work out.

And maybe the CEO/COO plus staff should move to Narrabeen so they get to know the players better. At the moment its an 'us and them' situation which will ALWAYS be unhealthy no matter who is CEO. The CEO and board members need to establish a healthy respectful working relationship with the players and thats obviously not happening now!

PS: if Graham Hughes' talkin sport show can be believed it sounds as if Toovey might be voted in by the board as coach next week.

Above all we must retain the key player group and provide stability and cohesion. If this means Des coaching for 2012 then so be it. And Zorba should be on the board too in my humble opinion as long as he can work with Perry. So therefore Zorba and Perry have to grow up and work for the benefit of Manly.

You know everyone is talking about Tooves. Don't forget folks you also have a very experienced assistant coach at Manly by the name of Kelly Egan. Egan has been an assisstant now in 2 grand final clubs and also has the club experience in the roles of footbal manager as well as development manager when he was at the Cowboys. Tooves was a great player and is somewhat of a legend at Manly but don't just get blinded by this, there are other options available that could be just as good if not better.

scruffa said:
You know everyone is talking about Tooves. Don't forget folks you also have a very experienced assistant coach at Manly by the name of Kelly Egan. Egan has been an assisstant now in 2 grand final clubs and also has the club experience in the roles of footbal manager as well as development manager when he was at the Cowboys. Tooves was a great player and is somewhat of a legend at Manly but don't just get blinded by this, there are other options available that could be just as good if not better.

is that you Kelly?
Fishing for the job?

I'll give you a run

The Eagle said:
Toovey or bust, head coach is more than just a skilled manager of men, its also a face that signifies the club

Agreed. Ill be even more furious if Toovey doesn't get job. There is no other option, you just get the feeling that he is one of the only people who can help the club remain successful on the field.

It's also an opportunity that has been a long time coming for Tooves.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8