Bowie - The Kerry Beaustead Story

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
Bowie has released a book - well a book has been written about Bowie.
Here is the link for those interested:

It would have to be at least 20 years ago, we were at the Caxton before a SOO game. Next thing I’m standing in front of Wayne Pierce and Kerry Boustead together. I remember saying something like shouldn’t you two be at either end of the bar. Then we all just started talking footy (of course). And they were a blast. To the point, I looked up at the screen, and noticed there was only 10 minutes to kick off. I started apologising for holding them up. And both of them said to me and my mate, no worries. We love this, talking to the fans. Then as we were going Kerry said if you’re looking to buy a house in the Maroochydore area give us a call. And he gave me his business card for Ray White Realty. I told him I’m happy on the GC, but can you sign the card for me? No worries. I’ve still got it with all my footy memorabilia down the shed. But I never forgot how nice they were. So yes, I’ll definitely be getting the book.

I remember before the 1980 GF his then girlfriend/fiancé (presumably now his wife) was interviewed at the SCG and she revealed that she was actually a Manly, not an Easts, supporter.

Apart from the obvious link to Fulton’s 1983 return to Manly being a factor in Boustead’s decision to join him, I’ve often wondered if she was an influence as well.

Yeah he was amazing. Watch the 78 kangaroo tests on YouTube. Also he was good for manly. He lived in Stephen st beacon hill, played footy with me and a few mates on the nature strip.
Wow. Is that the cul de sac with the nice views to manly. Close to Allambie heights.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6