Bourban Becky's new competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a stupid mole.

They played on Monday night, what sort of coach would have them training all the next day, way to get your players injured!

Would it have been big news if he had gone to the shop to get some milk

Bloody muck-rakers these "journos" are and women have no place reporting on league, they try to make it into a social media comment rather than about the sport.

I couldn't care less where the Manly players are when training as finished and they are on their down time, as long as they aren't getting hammered and causing trouble.

Todd has had his fair share or issues, but he doesn't deserve to be harassed like that, and that is all it was.

You could see the child-like glee on the journo's face as if she was breaking some incredible story. Seriously, these sorts of people should be stuck in the mail room and left away from actual reporting. They are more interested in digging up dirt in the game than they are in actually reporting on the game itself

Todd Carney should have sat down, or stopped and discussed with the reporter her questions and talked to her in a reasonable and coherent way. He could have explained to her that yes, the performance was crap and yes, the team should take responsibility for the poor performance. He could have explained that the day's training was over and that he was on his way home, or to visit some sick kids, or whatever players do in their own time. His behaviour was just embarrassing. Arrogant and silly. I would have asked him, "how can a person with such football talent as you once had, lose it in one season?"

I would love to see the entire NRL playing group just fplace a media ban on the Telegraph for a season and see how long these reporters last with a job.

Or even better have to explain why the player's won't talk to them to there Editor.

I gotta disagree with DSM5.

If she wanted an interview either contact the club or his manager and organise it properly.

Dont act on someones sms "that he is getting a new tat at such and such" or however they sourced his location.

The players are entitled to their space, I thought he handled himself well, he could of told her to get going.

She's such a spastic. I'm surprised she has a job if this is what she calls journalism!

He had to rush and get his DOB inked on his hand so he can have the right answer next time someone asks him.

As a former journo I'm embarrassed at the 'celebrity' crap that purports to be news. This is a cringe-worthy example. Problem is that gossip seems to be what the public want; you only have to look at those trashy women's mags that make up stories.
I don't understand how a journalist true to his/her craft could agree to report such nonsense. The industry has been dumbed down to such a degree that it is no longer believable. In the distant past journos did try to check their facts and report both sides. While mistakes were made, they were generally 'honest' ones.
Now many sections of the media invent the news rather than report on it.

What a funny clip! I was laughing/cringing the whole way through it, is that chick for real? she sounded like she wasn't all there and was trying to sound like Danny Weidler.

The Who said:
As a former journo I'm embarrassed at the 'celebrity' crap that purports to be news. This is a cringe-worthy example. Problem is that gossip seems to be what the public want; you only have to look at those trashy women's mags that make up stories.
I don't understand how a journalist true to his/her craft could agree to report such nonsense. The industry has been dumbed down to such a degree that it is no longer believable. In the distant past journos did try to check their facts and report both sides. While mistakes were made, they were generally 'honest' ones.
Now many sections of the media invent the news rather than report on it.

Its not the public that want that it is women, this whole get women involved in league stuff is for the dogs. It's just ridiculous. Like the sport if you want, don't ruin it and turn it into a socials page FFS

Actually on second viewing I think she just purchased a microphone from the $2 shop and filmed it on her phone! surely the tele can't be paying this women.

The tabloids are full of this stuff. And personalities such as Carney are fair game. And reporters have to start somewhere. I would imagine her editor, having heard that Carney was down at the tatt shop, sent her down there for an interview. Todd should have talked to her and explained the situation. That would have been better than him wandering along looking childish and stupid. As I said, she should have asked him where's his talent gone. A missed opportunity.

That's embarrassing. Not a Teflon Todd fan, but not even he should have to put up with imbeciles like that. I think that "journo" was the product of a union between DUI Wilson and Danny Weirdler, ugly AND stupid.

DSM5 said:
The tabloids are full of this stuff. And personalities such as Carney are fair game. And reporters have to start somewhere. I would imagine her editor, having heard that Carney was down at the tatt shop, sent her down there for an interview. Todd should have talked to her and explained the situation. That would have been better than him wandering along looking childish and stupid. As I said, she should have asked him where's his talent gone. A missed opportunity.

Are you serious? Why should Todd have to explain to anyone what he is doing on his time off? Maybe you are just an old fuddy duddy who has problems with young people, tattoos, tattoo shops and other socially taboo subjects?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6