Board meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
So the vote for Coach is tonight, when and where can we find the outcome of this meeting. Are there minutes released, should we expect a media statement or release?

At a time like this though, would it not be responsible to make a media release to quash newspaper rumors?

The Board mustn't punt Des this year. If we can keep him for 2012 the player unrest will settle and we may even win the comp again. Then in 2013 when Toovey (hopefully) officially takes over as head coach the board (hopefully) will be sorted.if the Board votes him out dont be surprised if many of our players will walk. This will be the last straw. I've just heard that Bob Riley blamed Penn for everything - the plot thickens!

Earnie the Eagle said:
Check the bulldags supporters site, they seem to know more than us, well imagine it anyway.

Why the **** would I want to go onto that scumbag site. Who cares what those f***wits have got to say they are all full of **** as it is.

I say keep desi on payroll and install tooves as coach. That way we dont sack him hes then free to go if he wants. No body can exercise his get out clause then.

Noosa girl said:
The Board mustn't punt Des this year. If we can keep him for 2012 the player unrest will settle and we may even win the comp again. Then in 2013 when Toovey (hopefully) officially takes over as head coach the board (hopefully) will be sorted.if the Board votes him out dont be surprised if many of our players will walk. This will be the last straw. I've just heard that Bob Riley blamed Penn for everything - the plot thickens!

I heard Bob Riley on talking sport tonight being interviewed by Grant Goldman and your right he said he had set up a sub-committee in which Penn was to re-sign Hasler... What a absolute mess this is becoming and I believe the in fighting is only just beginning!!

No way in the world we should hand over to the Bulldogs our coaching infrastructure on a platter to them (!!), if we can keep into 2012 and gradually let Toovey work out his plans from mid 2012 into 2013.

So the Sea Eagles board currently is:

“Directors of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited as at 10 December 2010

Scott Penn (Chairman and co-owner)
Bob Reilly (Football Club appointee)
Melinda Gainsford-Taylor(Football Club appointee)
Phillip Sidney (Surfside/Quantum appointee)
John Walstab (Surfside/Quantum appointee)
Kerry Chrysiliou (Penn Sport appointee)
Peter Spray (Manly League Club appointee)”.

Common sense should prevail and keep what we have including Des for 2012 (working with Tooves) …. well I hope !!!

mickqld said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
Check the bulldags supporters site, they seem to know more than us, well imagine it anyway.

Why the f**k would I want to go onto that scumbag site. Who cares what those f***wits have got to say they are all full of s**t as it is.

ummm..it was just a joke mate and Im not the enemy.

It's obvious the board and Penn cannot work together something must change before the whole club is torn to shreads. They MUST NOT sack Des or it will lead to massive player unrest. If they can come to an agreement to let Des go and get the scumdogs to pay Manly compensation then it will be better for all concerned. Of course this takes delicate negotiation which our board is totally incapable of so I expect it all to turn into another fiasco.

Why would they do that? Its as good as sacking him. Why would it be better for all concerned? The players, the fans? I'd rather have everything settle down next year under Des. He has said he wants to stay for 2012 so we should make him honour his contract. Why give the bullcraps Des on a platter this year make them wait another year. Its the board who are tearing the club to shreds not Des.

The split seems to be 50/50 amongst fans if Des should stay or go, so the board is going cop a hammering no matter what decision they make. Personally I think he should be stood down, but after thinking about a bit the person whose thoughts should count the most is our next coach. It has to be Toovs and I'm confident it will. If Toovs think he's ready to go in time for preseason, then its see ya later Des. If Toovs is happy for Des to take charge, then thats what should happen. I actually think both men need to sit down and have a real chat about how it could play out. It potentially could harm their friendship and become a disaster, or we could win another premiership, or anywhere in between. Then perhaps they need to both front the board and tell them how they think it will pan out, going over all the scenarios then the board should make the decision. Quite possibly it could made for them.

I think you can list a hundred reasons why each decision should be made, and most of those reasons can't be quantified. Just me personally, I think seeing Des in the coaches box for the next 12 months will be a reminder of where he is going. I have all the confidence in the world that Toovs will be an excellent coach and also think that any player who is going to leave because Des is leaving will do it no matter if he leaves in 2012 or 2013, so I don't think we could be hurt from that side if Toovs is in charge.

I'm confident we can win a premiership next year regardless and I suppose the question to the fans should be would you like to Des as a 3 time premiership winning coach, or Toovs with his first?

All the evidence is that either Scott Penn or Bob Reilly needs to go. Penn has not publicly backstabbed Reilly at this point but over three years now it seems that this relationship is what is stuffing up the club.

NOt sure how it will work out but this seems to be the problem.

As i said in a earlier post supporting my position to instil toovey imediatly.

Des has moved on, so should we. Dont delay the rebuild process while we have 14 grand final players and an extremely stong team. What better way to induct your new coach.

the players made it quite clear on the news that want Des to be in charge in 2012, anything else will cause unrest

I just cant, no matter how i think about it, have the positives outweight the negatives for keeping Des in the job next year. And i have the utmost respect for Hasler.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2