Blow out scores

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
These new rules are NOT working. We have seen so many blow out scores so far this season and every game this week has been a complete blow out and boring to watch. Give me a 12- 10 nail biter scoreline any day. Its not fun for fans. Even games where I support no one I find myself turning off once the score blows out. Its boring and it's extremely bad for the game! Surely the TV ratings must be down???

These new rules are NOT working. We have seen so many blow out scores so far this season and every game this week has been a complete blow out and boring to watch. Give me a 12- 10 nail biter scoreline any day. Its not fun for fans. Even games where I support no one I find myself turning off once the score blows out. Its boring and it's extremely bad for the game! Surely the TV ratings must be down???
Take your point Robbo but not sure that the new rules are the major reason for some blow out scorelines and very likely they would be occurring in any case , regardless of any rule alterations . Just seems like some teams are just not performing up to their expected standards , Even the Cowboys have a pretty fair side on paper , some setback with injuries but like Manly just consistently playing some sub standard footy . Don ;t know about the Bull Dogs but noticed that the Broncs were competitive against the Storm until they seemed to fall into a hole . Actually do not watch many other games so not really qualified to comment on a lot of results but just think in Manly 's case with or with out some good players , the side has been largely misfiring for ages now and not too sure that the new rules are totally responsible .

Some clubs have made the change to the new rules very well.

The Donkeys and us were going well until the rule changes implemented post covid, the blow out scores won’t attract a younger fan base.

Good watching the good teams play against each other, though with the direction of expansion this would have to be worrying for a few at NRL headquarters.

I like it when any team has a chance of winning.

Some clubs have made the change to the new rules very well.

The Donkeys and us were going well until the rule changes implemented post covid, the blow out scores won’t attract a younger fan base.

Good watching the good teams play against each other, though with the direction of expansion this would have to be worrying for a few at NRL headquarters.

I like it when any team has a chance of winning.
That's the other point. Another team means another 30 players are bought in the NRL squads and spread across a 17th team.

Take your point Robbo but not sure that the new rules are the major reason for some blow out scorelines and very likely they would be occurring in any case , regardless of any rule alterations . Just seems like some teams are just not performing up to their expected standards , Even the Cowboys have a pretty fair side on paper , some setback with injuries but like Manly just consistently playing some sub standard footy . Don ;t know about the Bull Dogs but noticed that the Broncs were competitive against the Storm until they seemed to fall into a hole . Actually do not watch many other games so not really qualified to comment on a lot of results but just think in Manly 's case with or with out some good players , the side has been largely misfiring for ages now and not too sure that the new rules are totally responsible .
I have never seen a season like this so far. It has to be the new rules but I also see your point some teams are just struggling and unfortunately we are one of them

Even last years finals felt like blow outs. Either;

one team dominates one half, the other dominates the second and it finishes close.

or

one team dominates, fullstop

no set for set, no tension, less care for defence, less structure in attack, no reward for a good kick over the touch line (no break), less consistency with six-again calls and less reward for forcing errors, too many gimmick rules

= meh games w/ less precision, care, tension or importance. Dominant teams (aka fast backs, fit forwards) stay dominant

It’s good to watch players like Pappy in action.

There just ain’t enough good players to make it a competitive competition, time will tell the story.

It’s a bit like the under twenties that got stopped.
Good players are coming through in the lower grades and will eventually filter through

I think it is the opposite of the quality shining through... It's the crap that is reeking.
You would not be saying it is crap if we had the quality and thrashing teams like Penrith are doing

It is only crap when we have to put up with snails in our team

Shows the gulf between the top teams and bottom 4. The Dogs, Cowboys, Manly and Broncos are a rabble right now. For the Broncs and Manly the marquee players are not playing to their salaries. Cowboys missing their marquee players and Payten probably lost the dressing room by openly ditching Taumolo after the first game. Bulldogs are ****.

You would not be saying it is crap if we had the quality and thrashing teams like Penrith are doing

It is only crap when we have to put up with snails in our team

Best game of footy I can remember was a 4-0 loss v Roosters in a finals game in 2013, from memory.

Tough, tough, tough. Brilliant attack from both sides, against better defence from both sides. Almost like a game of chess

Those days are long gone with this touch footy blowout being the new norm.

It's crap. No RL fan would be celebrating deep down about the 4 games we have seen so far this round.

It's boring when the match is over after 15 minutes.

Best game of footy I can remember was a 4-0 loss v Roosters in a finals game in 2013, from memory.

Tough, tough, tough. Brilliant attack from both sides, against better defence from both sides. Almost like a game of chess

Those days are long gone with this touch footy blowout being the new norm.

It's crap. No RL fan would be celebrating deep down about the 4 games we have seen so far this round.

It's boring when the match is over after 15 minutes.
There has always been blow out score and will always be blow out scores when you have great sides playing against not so great sides in any era

The great Manly teams used to thrash the Newtowns and the other not so great teams by big scores

We can still see tough defense and brilliant attack in the new game as we saw when the panthers recently played the storm . It was a cracking game .

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2