Blast from the past :)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ramrod said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Until Manly showed him the door and he had to play in Europe.

Not Manly.
De$ was in full control and De$ showed him the door.
If you have doubts, ask Beaver, ...but he'll probably be too nice to say it aloud.
Come on Ramrod false logic is not your usual style. Maybe you are suffering a post NYE hangover?
So Manly did not release Gift either - that was merely Phil Sydney's decision?
Pro sport is a ruthless business and Manly has been one of the most professional clubs for decades. Including when Des held sway here.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ramrod said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Not Manly.
If you have doubts, ask Beaver, ...but he'll probably be too nice to say it aloud.
Come on Ramrod false logic is not your usual style. Maybe you are suffering a post NYE hangover?
Pro sport is a ruthless business and Manly has been one of the most professional clubs for decades. Including when Des held sway here.

It's no secret that De$ had total say in player retention when he was in charge.
That's one of the reasons why De$ spat the dummy because the board wanted to have a say...... apart from money, of course.

All that came out when Graham Lowe went to the papers and those infamous Ha$ler email rants were released. All of a sudden, De$ decided he wasn't going to sue Manly after realizing his diatribe was on record and the truth would be disclosed for all to read if it went to court. This saved Manly. If it weren't for those records, Manly may have been destroyed by De$ as we really didn't have the money to throw around like that.

Gifty: I guess the Quantum group wanted to throw in their two bits and have a dabble in player retention. Gifty was not released. A new contract was simply not given in a timely manner. By that time, Souths' offer was too good to refuse.

All those who dream of De$ return will have to keep on dreaming.
It was Penn who sacked De$ after he signed with the low down dirty dogs.
Without Penn, we have no money and no unity.
Our future now looks bright.
Viva Penns!
Viva Manly!

Moondog said:
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
That's passion des bled manly bring him back.
Yep, money can't buy that....oh, hang on...
You people forget dogs didn't pay any more for des than manly were offering.He was ousted by the board...... a board that suspended brett in 09 for rape allegations even without evidence.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Moondog said:
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
You people forget dogs didn't pay any more for des than manly were offering.He was ousted by the board...... a board that suspended brett in 09 for rape allegations even without evidence.

Did Canterbury invest in des's patents? Separate to his coaching contract?

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Moondog said:
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:

I'm pretty sure that the initial Manly offer was less. Word was out that the Dogs were interested and a big offer on the table from them, so Manly only then bumped theirs up to the same level. But as we found out after, Des had already signed on (or all but agreed) with Greenburg on a deal so the amount Manly offered had no further impact.

Also, not sure what you mean about Stewart being suspended by the Board. The club refused to be stood over by Gallop and did not stand down Snake; it was only when the NRL stepped in that Brett missed those games (the 'double demerit' episode).

Ramrod said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ramrod said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Not Manly.

It's no secret that De$ had total say in player retention when he was in charge.
That's one of the reasons why De$ spat the dummy because the board wanted to have a say...... apart from money, of course.

All that came out when Graham Lowe went to the papers and those infamous Ha$ler email rants were released. All of a sudden, De$ decided he wasn't going to sue Manly after realizing his diatribe was on record and the truth would be disclosed for all to read if it went to court. This saved Manly. If it weren't for those records, Manly may have been destroyed by De$ as we really didn't have the money to throw around like that.

Are you saying Des was going to destroy Manly by … spending too much? on players?
So … the passionate board and owners who put that lunatic in charge of the club finances were … what? Doing a great job for Manly?

I wasn't calling for the return of Hasler, I simply rebutted the romantic fantasy 'people passionate about Manly stay with Manly'.

And personally I don't follow the footy to cheer for the Penns any more than I do to cheer for Kaspersky, URM or any other corporate partners past and present. Whoever aids the Manly cause from time to time is appreciated, and though he's working against us now Mr Hasler has spent more of his life than most doing just that.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ramrod said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ramrod said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Not Manly.

Are you saying Des was going to destroy Manly by … spending too much? on players?
So … the passionate board and owners who put that lunatic in charge of the club finances were … what? Doing a great job for Manly?

I wasn't calling for the return of Hasler, I simply rebutted the romantic fantasy 'people passionate about Manly stay with Manly'.

And personally I don't follow the footy to cheer for the Penns any more than I do to cheer for Kaspersky, URM or any other corporate partners past and present. Whoever aids the Manly cause from time to time is appreciated, and though he's working against us now Mr Hasler has spent more of his life than most doing just that.

I understand now. You're a De$$ie fan.
It's a free country and you have your rights to like whoever you choose.
Same with me. I have my right like many others here, to dislike him.

To answer your statements:
1. "Are you saying Des was going to destroy Manly by … spending too much? on players?"
answer: I think you're not reading what I have said. I've said the lawsuit Ha$ler planned would have caused further financial woes at Manly (poor club).
Not to mention that he abused Dave Warwick and others for not joining him. If he's that good, surely he doesn't need anyone else?
Not sure what you mean on the bit about spending too much on players.

Lawsuit Article:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/sacked-manly-coach-des-dasler-prepares-to-take-sea-eagles-to-court/story-e6frep5x-1226193093965

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hasler-threatens-legal-action-over-manly-sacking-20111111-1nafx.html

Then when all the emails started to float, he dropped legal action against Manly. How nice of him.

2. "And personally I don't follow the footy to cheer for the Penns any more than I do to cheer for Kaspersky, URM or any other corporate partners past and present."

answer:
I agree with you here.
Let's just say I'm only cheering for the Penns because they are now able to open their purse strings, being the sole owner.
As soon as they take their money away, my cheering and appreciation will be for the next generous person or group.
My loyalty stays with Manly.
My appreciation is shown to those who donates to our cause (with a clause saying you don't try to hurt us when you leave).

I appreciate Gifty, as he left with class.
I appreciate Kitey, as he left with class.
I appreciate all those who left without trying to harm us.

As Krilich nicely put it, "That's the sort of bloke he is. He doesn't care about anything but Des Ha$ler."

As Mr Ha$ler is working against us, you can't expect us to be nice to him.
You only have to ask the many ex-players and fans what they think of him now.
Don't just take my word for it, his name is mud in the Northern Beaches.
I won't be surprised if he gets heckled walking down these streets.
It would be more serene for him if he moved to Belmore or Lakemba.

Hasler is a dog,

The most treachourous act of deceipt and dishonour since Judas, was waking up after the gutsy 2011 GF victory over the Warriors, only to find out he'd negotiated a deal with Greenturd all along . . . like a sneaky, coniving theif in the night.

Like you'd been called up to Afghanistan and he's f@rking the mother of your kids you've left behind. That he promised to take care of.

That's the lowlife, egomaniac that worm is.
Gutless, backstabbing germ.

Ramrod said:
I understand now. You're a De$$ie fan.

To answer your statements:
1. "Are you saying Des was going to destroy Manly by … spending too much? on players?"
answer: I think you're not reading what I have said. I've said the lawsuit Ha$ler planned would have caused further financial woes at Manly (poor club).
No I'm not a Dessie fan.

But how he was ever going to "destroy Manly" by a lawsuit he couldn't win remains a mystery.

Even if he was found to have been unfairly sacked (which you say couldn't happen because Manly had proof he had breached his contract) - how could he claim damages if he lost nothing, given that he walked straight into a new position on bigger pay?

I know his name is mud and I know all the stories about his bullying and trying to pressure people to leave Manly. On the other hand he stood by Brett Stewart and gained incredible respect from his players and won us premierships.

I'm sure he now regrets some of his actions and bridges that he burned. As you say, he was once revered here and now he's derided and heckled, he's made his bed and now has to lie in it. But he's not the devil incarnate.

As an aside how bad is this shot on Des?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo_H6bw8vhI

I loved the way Gilly played the game. Never afraid to put his wrist/forearm on the line. That's a fantastic clip to demonstrate exactly how tough Gilly really was. Des was one of, if not the fittest bloke to play the game, yet Gilly was not afraid to take him front on, in a slightly sideways fashion. The way Trevor landed could have done a tremendous amount of injury to his knee also. Side note; There didn't seem to be a lot of team mates of Des's charging in to sort Gillmeister out. Hmmmm...

Seriously though, that was a horrible tackle and it's not pretty to watch. In his defence, it was never Gillmeister's style. On the other hand, Des's decision to join the dogs as head coach may very well be traceable all the way back through the years to that very tackle. Head knock symptoms sometimes lay dormant for years. So really, the Des debacle could all be Gilly's fault. lol

Who am I kidding?? We all know that all the sh1t with player discontent and sneaky coach business started the minute Ben Farrar arrived back on the scene.

mozgrame said:
I loved the way Gilly played the game. Never afraid to put his wrist/forearm on the line. That's a fantastic clip to demonstrate exactly how tough Gilly really was. Des was one of, if not the fittest bloke to play the game, yet Gilly was not afraid to take him front on, in a slightly sideways fashion. The way Trevor landed could have done a tremendous amount of injury to his knee also. Side note; There didn't seem to be a lot of team mates of Des's charging in to sort Gillmeister out. Hmmmm...

Seriously though, that was a horrible tackle and it's not pretty to watch. In his defence, it was never Gillmeister's style. On the other hand, Des's decision to join the dogs as head coach may very well be traceable all the way back through the years to that very tackle. Head knock symptoms sometimes lay dormant for years. So really, the Des debacle could all be Gilly's fault. lol

Who am I kidding?? We all know that all the sh1t with player discontent and sneaky coach business started the minute Ben Farrar arrived back on the scene.
The Moral of this story is that Des is a good guy and money is the root of all evil :)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6