Blake Green

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why can't we just sign kodi Nikorima? He is quick, adds much needed speed and sparks. Has a smart short range kicking game. Would be a threat meaning less focus on DCE in attack. He just wants a starting spot wether it be 5/8 or fullback. Give him a good contract he is a star of the future

Yeah fair enough that may be the case.

But the purple scum should have a few bucks left as they are not resigning Koroibete and who knows if Slater will be back next year. And besides they are apparently going after Kodi Nikorima, who I think may be a better option for us to go after as well. Who would be cheaper, immediately, Blake or Nikorima? And who would be a better option long term?

Just my thoughts, Green has glimpses of skill but I am just not sold on him at this stage.

Fair points but Koroibete wasn't a first grader when Melbourne signed him and Slater won't retire. Also they did have to upgrade Munster, who would be on a fair chunk of money as well.

I think it would be a good move for both parties. We have Hynes and Wright in the wings so we only need a half for a year or two until they develop, whilst Storm get more use out Nikorima him as the long term Cronk replacement.

Besides, there is no way Green isn't an improvement on Walker or Lyon in the halves.

Storm will be in the finals.
They have an underestimated quality forward pack....& 2-3 of the games best, who Green benefits from directly.
Green is an average player bearing the fruits of playing in a well structured side who boast great go forward...not exciting, if true , at all.

Blake Green is a good option if the club is thinking Hynes or Wright in a few years. Otherwise, if they want to but a long term 5/8, then its Nikorima.

Been reading on Facebook that Green is pretty much signed and Nikorima is going to storm. I reckon Cody Walker would be a better signing then both of them! Brisbane are trying to get him up there, don't know why he would want to go there though he's only gonna be there to cover the origin period IMO. He would slot straight into our halves.

Fair points but Koroibete wasn't a first grader when Melbourne signed him and Slater won't retire. Also they did have to upgrade Munster, who would be on a fair chunk of money as well.

I think it would be a good move for both parties. We have Hynes and Wright in the wings so we only need a half for a year or two until they develop, whilst Storm get more use out Nikorima him as the long term Cronk replacement.

Besides, there is no way Green isn't an improvement on Walker or Lyon in the halves.

Hmmm thanks @KeithSheldon, interesting points you make.

Still not so sure on Green, but hey I am no expert by any means. :cool:

Green is a great pick up if he is our 5/8 next year. He has a controlled game technique which we need. He would not be expensive either. I'd be happy with him as our 5/8. But I'd rather a younger half. But anyone suggesting green is ordinary player in a great team are silly. He is the reason Melbourne are so successful over the last 2 years, he takes so much pressure off Cronk by organising the attack giving Cronk the ability to play the way he wants too. Green does all the hard stuff,

Hope your joking Turbo....
Green is the reason Storm have been successful the past 2 years??
He plays a certain "limited" role to fit his limited potential....
The Storm forwards offer key go forward & any half including the better halves in the NSW cup would look good there...with Cronk actually taking the heat off Green who I doubt is in the opposition teams game plans, unlike Cronk who is not far off Thurston as 1 of the games best.
Get a grip mate, if Manly get him cheap as backup...maybe.
Prefer to give young Wright or Hynes a go first, as for 2016, Lyon at 6.

The Storm forwards offer key go forward & any half including the better halves in the NSW cup would look good there...with Cronk actually taking the heat off Green who I doubt is in the opposition teams game plans, unlike Cronk who is not far off Thurston as 1 of the games best.
Mate with out the 1 percenters you don't get 100 and without 100 you can't win, we are lacking the hard yards ATM. Jamie buhrer is a guy who does the hard yards he gets no accolades Blake green is exactly the same.

Well the flip side to that is that we sign him for not too much meaning we have funds to spend elsewhere.

If we pick up a good forward or two ( no, not She-Rex) then I see no reason Green cannot play the same role he plays at the Storm with us.

A lot hinges on our plans with Meehan and Knight I feel. If these guys are part of the "big picture" then there will be funds to add around them with quality.

Mate with out the 1 percenters you don't get 100 and without 100 you can't win, we are lacking the hard yards ATM. Jamie buhrer is a guy who does the hard yards he gets no accolades Blake green is exactly the same.
I like your enthusiastic inputs Turbo & often agree....just a difference of opinion on Green & though I get your point on that Buhrer is that hard worker who does the 1% plays, think he is a few steps up in class.
Agree he plays his role & has a decent controlled structure & this is the style to compliment DCE...just don't rate him personally & have a feeling come finals...is 1 player the opposition will target .....time will tell mate....still like your work Turbo so keep it cranking mate...

Blake Green (born 18 September 1986) is an Australian professional rugby leaguefootballer for the Melbourne Storm. A half back and five-eighth, he previously played in the National Rugby League for the Parramatta Eels, Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks andCanterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs before moving to Super League and playing for Hull Kingston Rovers and then Wigan, with whom he won the Harry Sunderland Trophy as man-of-the-match in the 2013 Super League Grand Final.
Personal information
Nickname
Blakey, Greeny
Born 18 September 1986 (age 29)
Fairfield, New South Wales, Australia
Height 177 cm (5 ft 10 in)
Weight 89 kg (14 st 0 lb)

So Green is a 30 year old Parra Junior :cool:

Can he kick, can Trex kick - Manly need a goal kicker soon :wait:

Last edited:
Blake Green (born 18 September 1986) is an Australian professional rugby leaguefootballer for the Melbourne Storm. A half back and five-eighth, he previously played in the National Rugby League for the Parramatta Eels, Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks andCanterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs before moving to Super League and playing for Hull Kingston Rovers and then Wigan, with whom he won the Harry Sunderland Trophy as man-of-the-match in the 2013 Super League Grand Final.
Personal information
Nickname
Blakey, Greeny
Born 18 September 1986 (age 29)
Fairfield, New South Wales, Australia
Height 177 cm (5 ft 10 in)
Weight 89 kg (14 st 0 lb)

So Green is a 30 year old Parra Junior :cool:

Can he kick, can Trex kick - Manly need a goal kicker soon :wait:

Tom Wright is a very good goal kicker

Similar player to Michael Morgan from the Cowboys ! He may prove to be handy, if the experiment with Dylan Walker at 5/8 doesnt work ! If hes coming cheap it would be good for depth ! I would say until Hynes/Wright develop it is not a bad idea !

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2