Blacktown Workers ... 2023 ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I saw most of the game. It seems Latu is now adjusting well to senior football. He didn't run much, but his selective passing, defence & kicking were good. He is a smart footballer. Hopefully, he gets an opportunity to debut off the bench this year.

Nothing better than beating that mob - a serious bunch of muppets and losers! Back to the Bear graveyard!!
The failing Bears finally dug them selves forever into their graves and tombs filled with wooden spoons
1685774747649.png

Gee I wish I lived in Sydney again, just reminiscing about walking into Perceys after Manly flogged the Bears at NSO and watching all the bear die hards crying in their beers.

Could have done it all again this arvo after the BWSE win - great times

Interesting that his tackle efficiency is higher than Crokers,but when you watch you can see with your own eyes that he is not yet at Crokers level when it comes to one on one tackles when isolated.
He has generally been good this year but I guess you can't rely on stats to try to prove a point and sometimes ignore what your eyes show you lol ;)

Have taped it so will watch it this Arvo. That’s a good win. Aren’t the bad news bears leading the comp? These guys are starting to show some form well done.
Goes to show how important it is when you run out 1-17. The squad you train with all week and no first grade squad drop ins missing with combos.

Gee I wish I lived in Sydney again, just reminiscing about walking into Perceys after Manly flogged the Bears at NSO and watching all the bear die hards crying in their beers.

Could have done it all again this arvo after the BWSE win - great times
On reflection it is a tad sad that all we have to celebrate is a reserve grade win against the bears.

Just sayin’

On reflection it is a tad sad that all we have to celebrate is a reserve grade win against the bears.

Just sayin’
Yes & no.

Yes - the BWSE played a better style of football than what the Sea Eagles have played most of this year

No - they beat the competition leaders, which is praiseworthy in itself

He is in the side at 9. He is not a lock. Gordon has work to do before he is ready for first grade; not fine at all. If he was ready to hold the middle in FG, he’d be doing it in NSW Cup.

What are the qualities of a lock. Good defense, mobility, toughness. This guy has played five eighth and half and did it adequately. We've had a call from so many on this site that Croker is 'not' a 9. He isn't. He's a makeshift because we let Parcell and Koroisau go expecting Fainu to fill the spot. All that fell in a heap. Tried others, but no good. Croker filled in as a temp and stayed because we didnt have an established hooker. Young Chan is the first quality hooker we've had in a while but still in diapers. I would suggest Croker has the qualities to make a decent lock and we havent had one for years.

I would suggest Croker has the qualities to make a decent lock and we havent had one for years.
He wouldn't be any better as lock than he is dummy half. Namely gutsy, with some skills from his background in the halves. But all those knee injuries mean he won't ever be the running threat we want and he's not big enough to dent the line running so he'd be a fill-in type lock at best.

Plus we need him at dummy half. Hopefully by next year Gordie is ready to help him there.

What are the qualities of a lock. Good defense, mobility, toughness. This guy has played five eighth and half and did it adequately. We've had a call from so many on this site that Croker is 'not' a 9. He isn't. He's a makeshift because we let Parcell and Koroisau go expecting Fainu to fill the spot. All that fell in a heap. Tried others, but no good. Croker filled in as a temp and stayed because we didnt have an established hooker. Young Chan is the first quality hooker we've had in a while but still in diapers. I would suggest Croker has the qualities to make a decent lock and we havent had one for years.
A couple of weeks ago, you thought Lock still played down the edge, now you are discussing the prospect of players filling a position you don’t seem to really know much about. First Parker was a lock, now Croker?! Bringing Parcell into the conversation is perplexing. He left the club three seasons before Croker went anywhere near dummy half. We all know why Croker is at 9, that’s no mystery. He isn’t great in the role but that doesn’t somehow mean he is going to be successful elsewhere. He will be an average first grader regardless of where he plays.

Good win and considering there are other players who may or will still drop back or be available at some future stage , should make them even more competitive . and not being too critical but could hardly include Cooper Johns in the run on side , although depending on how Jacbo Arther is used in i st grade , Weekes would have to be in the mix at 6 or one , then Toby still putting in and Abbey a fairly useful 6 as well . Burbo and Lawton , Vaega , most likely to drop back unlikely with Tuilagi . Matterson a good fit as a 13 , Stuckey still continues to impress me , Latu definitely has a bit of polish to his game Harper did well , has to pick up on his front on defence a bit but even with very limited opportunities , Fletcher - Myers still looks good on his feet . Ferris looks a strong finisher . Some flimsy tackling still noticeable but looked well drilled in attack and enough commitment all round . Well done .

It is interesting that the last two games they have selected Matterson and then Abbey to partner Fainu in the halves and selected Humphreys at 9 for Flegg.
I thought he was going ok in the halves in the previous weeks.
Signed elsewhere for next year or looking to switch him positionally maybe.
They could easily have selected him in the halves in flegg as they dropped the skipper Wilson this week and have O'Donnell on the bench at 9.

Why were some of our players in the Norths side? Eg. Albert Smalley and Kurt De Luis

Are they no longer contracted?

I’d rather us celebrate getting 2 points for the bye!

Just sayin’
But Not as exciting as the game!! I thought a really good entertaining game of footy against a top notch side like the Bears. Latu can be anything if he can keep his head and stays focused. Serious footy career ahead of him. Really impressed also with Dean Matterson. 5/8 come lock. Very involved, makes quite a few breaks and does not miss too many tackles.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2