• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

davohan123

First Grader
Tipping Member
I just got a chance to look at Ben Kennedy's highlights, what an impact he had on our club. He in my mind was one of the biggest reasons we went on our Goldern run.

I think a BK , Kite style forward is what we are lacking and what we would look for in 2018.

This thread is to see what people's favourite memories of BK at our club are.

Last edited:

eagle66

Bencher
Premium Member
There was a game against West Tigers at Brooky, we had 3 props out for the game. BK took them on, scored two tries and the rest is history. Well, thta's how I remember it.

Killer03

Bencher
It's funny my favourite memory of BK was off the field. And it was just after he signed he said the Sea eagles were 'title bound' and I remember just feeling this incredible confidence after he said it. Not necessarily that it was going to happen in 2005, but that it was just round the corner.

I am an unashamed BK fan. I believe his contribution warrants his selection in our all time teams ( I know others believe he was here too briefly). But I just can't rate his contribution to our golden period highly enough.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
BK....Every carry had purpose....Every tackle had contact....Every game had a combination of win at all costs, desire, passion...Follow me...An absolute Warrior with a winning mentality of the highest level...
Favourite moment was a pass around the corner to a flying Snake Stewart who took the ball at top speed and veered outside the fullback, up the sideline for a 60 metre try in the corner ....Gold!!

Hamster Huey

Space Invader
BK vs Penrith, 2005. During a game in Brookie we were plenty down and Preston Campbell ran half the field after an intercept to put them well up just after half time. The only Manly player chasing was BK who was a late inclusion to the team after injury. He kept him honest and forced Campbell to kick the conversion from 5 metres off the sideline. He missed and we eventually fought our way back into the game to win after being 20 pts down.

BK was in everything, trying to lift the team at every opportunity. It was a classic BK game where he willed the rest of the team to follow, and an example of what his attitude put into the likes of Watmough, leading into our dominant period.

R3

Bird gang affiliate
I love BK and think he changed it all around for us. Beaver even got better playing off a shared-vet Kennedy that promoted the watmough, Kite and Giftys to lead and inspire our last golden run

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He was tough.

There ain't many real tough blokes around these days, maybe only Matt Scott, Sam Burgess and maybe Josh Jackson (there are probably a few others).

Reckon we might have one too but I wont label him yet but he is a goodun'.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16