I love Nathan Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I don’t wanna knock Browny because I agree, he is giving 110% and I believe it’s lifting those players around him, especially getting up with line speed in defence.

But…

The difference between BK and Brown is that BK inspired others on top of effective performances. Brown is giving it his all but he is not bending the line, he is getting smashed (or slipping over). Would I take his getting smashed, in spite of inspiring his teammates, of course, it’s still value added.

So yeah, don’t wanna knock him but he ain’t BK yet.

Stuey Davis’s Socks

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Even if he does get put on his backside Browny probably covers up to twice the distance in his run from the back fence than much bigger players like Toff or Lodge do.

In other words, Browny gets us further away from our goal line with his speed and putting his body on the line. Still a net gain despite not denting the defensive line. Love it.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Firstly I hate the title of this thread. Secondly I admire Brown he is playing with plenty of courage. BK has a special place in Manly history and Brown may achieve something special here as well. What he brings is contagious and we need it! Plus the young man (and compared to me he is a young man) is a very good ball player. I hope his body holds up.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Firstly I hate the title of this thread. Secondly I admire Brown he is playing with plenty of courage. BK has a special place in Manly history and Brown may achieve something special here as well. What he brings is contagious and we need it! Plus the young man (and compared to me he is a young man) is a very good ball player. I hope his body holds up.

I'm also not a massive fan of this thread's title. It's hard to explain the context to my thirteen-year-old daughter, who has become more of a Manly tragic than me. However, I would make him Captain this week, or at least Co-Captain with Brooks. What Brown brings to the side is courage and guts. He may not have the post-contact metres or the linebreaks (or even the line bends), but he more than makes up for that with his ball play, determination and intensity.

Last edited:

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don’t wanna knock Browny because I agree, he is giving 110% and I believe it’s lifting those players around him, especially getting up with line speed in defence.

But…

The difference between BK and Brown is that BK inspired others on top of effective performances. Brown is giving it his all but he is not bending the line, he is getting smashed (or slipping over). Would I take his getting smashed, in spite of inspiring his teammates, of course, it’s still value added.

I agree LC.

I was actually worried yesterday he would get hurt with one of those charges at the defence. It was the last thing we needed.

I actually think he fires up the opposition more than his own team.

Dont get me wrong I love his effort and commitment.

I always get shot down for my thoughts on Mark Carroll vs Harrigon - imo they were both famous forgetting knocked out, knocked over and knocked down.

Blake

Reserve Grader

But…

I agree, in just 2 years BK came to the club and inspired all the players around him that they were premiership worthy players, and they kept that mentality even after he retired.
Even though he wasnt on the field in 2008 and 2011, a lot of that success was due to BK.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18