BK and King

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Si

I thought i would actually join the site, after lurking usuing my brothers login for the last year or so.

I posted this over on MSE.

BK:
Runs: 19
Metres: 182
Tackles: 26
Missed Tackles: 5

King:
Runs: 8
Metres: 72
Tackles: 14

BK:
"Manly skipper Ben Kennedy, who limped of with corks in both knees in the 77th minute, revealed he had hardly trained with the side in the past two weeks because he was carrying a groin strain.

But Kennedy, who is trying to get his body through one last NRL season, said he would not be sitting out any matches to freshen up."
http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/2077/Default.aspx

Can you imagine if that was King? BK made 182 metres with two corked knees and a groin strain, King makes 72. That kind of injury would have put King out for 2 months.

Week after week King fails to perform. Why is he still in the side? Why is he still a starting prop?

So much for King's comments in the Manly Daily yesterday.
Prop Jason King admitted Kennedy could do with more support.
"BK does a lot of work and he probably does need more support from us," King said.

It's about time he either puts up or pisses off!

King had two corked fingernails.

Pretty hard to perfom well with that sort of injury.

I am hoping I'll be getting some answers regarding King's continued selection around about a week from now......

BK is a champ, King is a chump.

They say players like Toovey played well above their weight. Well King plays well under it, the guy is a bloody feather and fails to put in. He underperforms, he know he underperforms and his position in first grade is assured. This has me seeing red.

King is a big unit, he's fulfilling his dream and yet he fails to show commitment to his position and more importantly his team. I really do hope he pulls out the finger in the lead up to the finals because atm he is a huge setback.

i think everyone should forget about minutes,metres and all that stuff.who cares.stats can be useful and misleading.

i have a novel suggestion-trust your eyes,watch the actual game and work it out!the answer is obvious and to suggest otherwise is silly

despite the obvious,for some reason the simple fact is he will be in the team.therefore the only thought that should be worthy of our time is hoping like hell he gets better.

im with you Sue,
I get my assesment of the game form what i cna remember and who i notice throughout the game.
BK pops up every 5 minutes.
I noticed King would turn side on as he gets to the defence. Good ploy if you can offload but he never does.It results in him being pushed back.
Rose was strong when on. Monas had an OK game. Good pass onto Stewart for his try.
The rest were OK with no real standouts, except BK.
Did i mention how good BK was.

Bk averages 2 hit ups in a set of six, king is lucky to manage one hit up over 2 sets of six, but thats probably a good thing as for every ten meters he makes he manages to get pushed back 5!

They have updated the stats - BK cracked 200 again (202)

and he only made missed 2 tackles not the 5. Awsome stuff

Our Props ranged from 80 (king) to 105 (kite)

And in 4 of the last 6 games BK has made more than 200m

King wasn't great in that one. He seemed to be turning his back and not driving through, and seemed to have a lot of problems with the slippery ground. Good in defence, and I think people are kidding themselves if they think he doesn't have enough aggro in him. But he needs to hit the line and drive through more.

King wasn't great by any standard, but watch the game and notice 4 times he took the ball and passed before the line. Des must see it to make this part of King's play, but I'd rather Kite who is more skillfull doing the offloads and king concentrating on making more yards.

After watching it again, Sue is correct. King's attitude in holding the line (he used to be quite lazy around the ruck), tackling and assisting others in tackling is very good.

King didn't even play 40 minutes, but I like the way the rotation of the props is working. Rose is going well, as is Bryant, however not as well as early this year.

Kite is really hitting some form lately. Good to see.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4