birds eye view.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am very surprised at a lot of the stuff written about our loss.I have been a big doubter but i saw a lot i liked.we had seats on halfway close to the fence and believe me that was one tough physical match.the cowboys players looked like they were in a car crash when spotted later on. we were still lacking combination in attack but our goalline defence was nothing short of sensational.you give that side that much ball and they usually win by 50.

the changes worked well.robertson is a genuine classy winger,burns was a good link man(very physical match and for a first up effort was promising but must work on his discipline)),menzies at centre is a simple reflection of the fact we dont have any centres.des has got little room to move there.

props are a real concern.bryant is head and shoulders above the rest atm.maintain that attitude and add a little combination and we will win our fair share.i suppose the point is I am a hell of a lot more hopeful after that game that we can be competitive against top sides.

cheers Sue,

its always good to get a perspective from the ground as they are often quite different to what comes from the TV.

Agree on Roberston. That was the first time i'd seen him in action and to be honest he must have been unlucky to miss the first round. Then again, maybe im not so shocked that he didn't get a run.

Bryant is tearing it up so far. I don't know what happened over the off season but he's making King look like he should be playing backyard footy at best.

Im happy with the defence. Attack is a little unorganised but I feel the idea is there.

I am very surprised at a lot of the stuff written about our loss.I have been a big doubter but i saw a lot i liked.we had seats on halfway close to the fence and believe me that was one tough physical match.the cowboys players looked like they were in a car crash when spotted later on. we were still lacking combination in attack but our goalline defence was nothing short of sensational.you give that side that much ball and they usually win by 50.

the changes worked well.robertson is a genuine classy winger,burns was a good link man(very physical match and for a first up effort was promising but must work on his discipline)),menzies at centre is a simple reflection of the fact we dont have any centres.des has got little room to move there.

props are a real concern.bryant is head and shoulders above the rest atm.maintain that attitude and add a little combination and we will win our fair share.i suppose the point is I am a hell of a lot more hopeful after that game that we can be competitive against top sides.
Great post. I have been trying to say something similar and getting trashed for it from the glass half-empty crowd. It was a step in the right direction after an embarrassing first up loss at Brookie!

I agree the centres are a worry. Everyone is trashing Des about putting Beaver in the centres but the same posters were talking about 40 points through Matai! Can't have it both ways. Stepho may have been an option but every time he has played against top class centres he has been ordinary in defence!

good post. we all know the areas we need to improve, its good to look at the positive side now and then.

lets just hope we turn up with the same attitude to defence this weekend.

I think Burns will be named at 6 this week , Monas @ 9
Dunners Bench , Leave Steppa at centre where he played most of the 2nd half , Robertson to wing , Anyone heard about Watmough he went off injured near the end looked like a knee ?

I agree the centres are a worry. Everyone is trashing Des about putting Beaver in the centres but the same posters were talking about 40 points through Matai! Can't have it both ways. Stepho may have been an option but every time he has played against top class centres he has been ordinary in defence!
[/quote]

1) Good to see a positive post Sue. Goodonya.

2) Cmom CW, what on earth is all that about Menzies/Mattai in the centres. I and plenty of others have been calling for Hicks (who is a centre) to partner Bell, with Robbo & Steppa on each wing. Now for the life of me I cant understand whats wrong with that ?
If anyone thinks thats a bad lineup then please say so here and explain why !

Hicks in the centre would be a good option. Stop gap solutions are not warranted. Hicks was on record saying he wanted to play wing.

He has looked much better this year and his work to get that inside ball to Stewart was great. He did some good defensive work too!

Id hate to think that the reasons why Hicks isnt in the centres is because he doesnt want to do it, and maybe also that JL joining us next year has something to do with maintaining him on the wing ? But that would be crazy stuff wouldnt it ?

I mean, given our current circumstances regarding centres and Robbo impressing on the wing as he did, it just makes sense.

Hicks and Bell in the centres.
Burns at 5/8.
Monaghan at hooker.
Robertson and Stephenson on the wings.
King and Dunley in Premiers.
Cuthbertson on the bench.

Now wer're looking dangerous, in my opinion.

i cant stomach dunners in pl. he plays into his own in ost games. this is likely his last season anyway

My side would look something like this

(1)Stewart
(2) Robertson
(3) Bell
(4) Hicks
(5) Stephenson
(6) Burns- Why he didnt kick isntead of Orford i dont know
(7) Orford
(8) Bryant
(9) Ballin
(10) Rose
(11) Kite
(12) Watmough
(13) Kennedy

(14) Monaghan
(15) Menzies
(16) Cuthbo
(17) Leuluai

Not bad mine would read

My side would look something like this

(1)Stewart
(2) Robertson
(3) Bell
(4) Hicks
(5) Stephenson
(6) Burns- Why he didnt kick isntead of Orford i dont know
(7) Orford
(8) Bryant
(9) Ballin
(10) Kite
(11) Watmough
(12) Menzies
(13) Kennedy

(14) Dunley
(15) Rose
(16) Cuthbo
(17) Leuluai

Willow mite slip onto the bench instead of Rose though

Monas to PL

pretty much agree but Dunley to PL and Monas on the bench instead. Rose or Willow? Im not sure, I would be happy with either.

Great post. I have been trying to say something similar and getting trashed for it from the glass half-empty crowd.

What part of my "There's hope IF" thread did you not understand?

The hope bit Matas, even a glimmer of optimism is so out of character for you its probably been overlooked as a typo :dance: :dance:

I agree Sue.

Id like to see Stepho get another go at centre. hes bulked up a bit got a bit faster.. looks like his defence has got a little better too. Give him another go if Hicks wont be played there.

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

Great post. I have been trying to say something similar and getting trashed for it from the glass half-empty crowd.

What part of my "There's hope IF" thread did you not understand?

[/quote]That was a great post and one in which I heartily agreed. I steered clear though once the 'cuddlel pubic hair references hijacked the thread. 8)

One game doesn't make a season and we need to improve further on that performance if we are to beat the best teams. We also need to be consistant and show that type of form every week.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4