Biggest threat to going back to back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
jjai said:
I hope we are doing the same training we did last pre season because 2 seasons before last we had no fitness after taking out the 2008GF, so all i want is for the boys to do the same training regime they have the past 12months. NO WEIGHTS or other b.s just aerobic stamina training..
& 1 more thing Manly have a tendency to go half assed the following yr after winning a premiership, they think things are just going to fall into place during matches (i wont chase someone else will) ..
They have to play like they lost the GF & want redemption ..

No weights? I know they had more of a focus on stamina last preseason but I don't think they ignored the weight room totally.

I agree with Mick. The biggest threat is ourselves. If we can keep it together (obviously a big ask given the Des situation) I think we are far and away ahead of all our rivals.

Storm - Weak in the forwards (relative to us). The aura of Bellamy being a great coach has been blown apart and he has been shown for what he really is - a chump. Having said that they still have some class players and will be motivated by the disappointing end to this season. I think they are our biggest threat.

Warriors - If they played the whole GF like they did for that 15 min period towards the end they would have been unbeatable. Was their finals form a fluke, and can they do it without Cleary? These key questions need to be answered before they can be considered a threat.

Tigers - My view is 2005 was a fluke and Benji is a myth. Can they do it again? Maybe, but the stars would need to align and every ball would need to bounce in their favour.

Cowboys - There is no question that Thurston is a great player, but it appears that he comes with a massive ego. As good as he is, I don't think he is the type of player that can win you a premiership in the salary cap era unless he played for the salary cap exempt Storm with superstars all around him.

Dragons - No Bennett = No chance.

Broncos - No Lockyer = No chance.

Knights - As someone else said, they are still another season away from being a real contender. They won't have the cattle in 2012.

Souths - Yeah, right...

Masked Eagle said:
jjai said:
I hope we are doing the same training we did last pre season because 2 seasons before last we had no fitness after taking out the 2008GF, so all i want is for the boys to do the same training regime they have the past 12months. NO WEIGHTS or other b.s just aerobic stamina training..
& 1 more thing Manly have a tendency to go half assed the following yr after winning a premiership, they think things are just going to fall into place during matches (i wont chase someone else will) ..
They have to play like they lost the GF & want redemption ..

No weights? I know they had more of a focus on stamina last preseason but I don't think they ignored the weight room totally.
Sorry ME not totally true i dont them to do weights , but i dont want them to bulk up..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6