Big Tony v Terriyaki

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
It will be very interesting to see the clash of the titans when Big T goes head to head with The Sauce.  The Sauce seems to run over the top of opposing wingers, and Big T needs to stand tall and smash his opposite.  Winning this battle will surely see his stocks rise on this site.     

That just creates more problems Kaza.

Isnt Tuiaki a left side winger anyway, Wolfman will be marking him wont he?

I'd be worried if the Wolfman is marking him more than Big T.  I don't think he's that strong. 

Tony Williams will have his work cut out for him as Tuiaki is a strong runner and will be hard to stop. As DSM5 said T-Rex will need stand tall and smash him. If Williams goes one on one with Tuiaki close to the line without moving up on him and giving himself some room between him and the line to try and stop him he could be in trouble.

That said T- Rex is big and strong also so he just needs to go up a gear and go hard when and if Tuiaki runs at him.

T-Rex will be roadkill for that bloke. Tuiaki's faster, more aggressive, more passionate, plays the ball quicker, and is basically a better player all round.

Heck, throw DSM5 on the wing, and I'd say HE'S better than Tony Williams.

I think Tony Williams is potentially the worst player to have ever worn the Eagles jersey.

clontaago link said:
Isnt Tuiaki a left side winger anyway, Wolfman will be marking him wont he?

My bad Tuiaki is a left side winger.
Ryan link said:
T-Rex will be roadkill for that bloke. Tuiaki's faster, more aggressive, more passionate, plays the ball quicker, and is basically a better player all round.

I think Tony Williams is potentially the worst player to have ever worn the Eagles jersey.

Ryan it's not that T- Rex is a bad player. He just seems to do everything in slow mode why i don't know he could be a top class player and i still think he will be in time he needs to start running with the ball harder and hit harder maybe he lacks confidence who knows.

wolfman has handled the beast a couple of times well so wouldnt be too worried there, on the other side we cant slide our defence too much, dont want to all terryaki to get up speed on the outside

Ryan link said:

Hate to say it but that is a joke....worst player?

Worse than the squasher?
Gary Winter
Yorgen Rogers?
Bozo's Lad?
Nueman....
Mullane....

That is just off the top of my head

Sure he is not traveling overly well at the moment but he is not a complete liability

lsz link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=181202.msg234000#msg234000 date=1248830471]

Hate to say it but that is a joke....worst player?

Worse than the squasher?
Gary Winter
Yorgen Rogers?
Bozo's Lad?
Nueman....
Mullane....

That is just off the top of my head

Sure he is not traveling overly well at the moment but he is not a complete liability
[/quote]

Williams is certainly better than either of the Iro Brothers or Joe roparti.  Not quite as good yet as Bernard Dwyer though.

He aint that bad. Geeez. Tough on the kid.. hes too big for the wing though.. certainly wont judge him until he moves into the forward pack.

Weve played the Tigers before with Terriyaki playing.. and weve beaten them.. as long as we do a job on them..and worry about our own attack.. rather than worrying about theirs.. we will be okay.. yet again.

I agree KaZa.  We are better across the park.  We have to start strong and not give them a sniff.  No downtime.  Bustle Marshall into errors.  There's plenty in him. 

Ryan link said:

And that line is potentially the worst to have been posted on Silvertails !!!

You are not still bitter he is taking Cuthbo's wing spot are you ? :p

Ryan that's an exageration even for you.
Strangely enough we have managed to keep Tuiaki quiet over the last few years. I clearly remember him getting smashed into touch at Brookie by about three players. He got up in shock.

Well guys, Ive copped a bit of criticism in this thread on my stance on Tony Williams. Lets see if the lump can show any sense of personality this weekend, and do something that stands out.

I'd like to see him touch the ball more than once in the 1st 30% of the game.

I'd like to see him actually jump higher than 1 inch if there is a bomb being contested.

I'd like to see him play the ball faster than 10 odd seconds.

I'd like to see him get the ball off a kick, and run the ball back with aggression and passion, and straight effing forward !

I'd like to see him show any form of emotion (I'm ok with anger if that's what he wants). Just any expression that doesn't read - "docile".

I think the bloke has potential. I must be the only one who gets frustrated at his lumberring runs, and none emotional play. The bloke scores a try, and can't even celebrate.

Maybe I can sit on his shoulders, and we can be "Master Blaster" out of Mad Max !

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6