Big Marty extends

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
giphy.gif

Dreadlocks or his contract :giggle:

Good to hear that the boys are staying for the 2020 Premiership tilt :rock:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/e882e3d7c2416e24792e180d591e80e8

NRL signings news: Manly Sea Eagles lock in keys to future
Fatima Kdouh, The Daily Telegraph
October 4, 2019 9:38am

Manly Sea Eagles playmaker Dylan Walker has re-signed with the northern beaches club for two more years.

The Daily Telegraph understands Walker, who was off contract at the end of this season, has taken a downgraded deal to remain at Narrabeen.

0461a7fb5060645ae55a681586fb8a9a

Dylan Walker will remain on the northen beaches. Picture: Getty Images
There is, however, a clause in his contract that will allow for a review of his salary after season 2020 and a potential upgrade in payment for the final year of the deal in season 2021.

In further good news, The Daily Telegraph can reveal Samoan international Martin Taupau has also agreed to terms for a two-year extension at the club.

5b85afb17a19cfe93bace15897c6a4ee

Martin Taupau has also agreed terms to a new contract. Picture: Getty Images
The enforcer was off-contract at the end of next year but Manly have moved to secure his services ahead of the November 1 deadline for rival clubs to talk to players.

The next big priorities for coach Des Hasler are re-signing star brothers Jake and Tom Trbojevic.

I think they can see the premiership window opened for us this season and they all want to be around when we start climbing through it. I think the bulk of the team are now locked up until 2021 - assuming that the Turbos are going nowhere

I think they can see the premiership window opened for us this season and they all want to be around when we start climbing through it. I think the bulk of the team are now locked up until 2021 - assuming that the Turbos are going nowhere

I’d very much doubt we’d be extending the others without the all important brothers.

This is REALLY encouraging.

Whilst i'm not a fan of Walker - the fact that taupau and walker and others have jumped on the wagon for the next 2 years tells me they can smell success and a premiership.

As fans, we should get bloody excited. We need to keep a 2 year view on things, and get behind the boys. Get on this bandwagon early team.... secure your seats (hell, maybe even join up as a member??)

This is a really nice surprise and says a lot for the culture created at the club.

I’ve always seen Marty like James Maloney as in the ultimate professional league player on and off the field and as such expected him to follow the money (which is quite acceptable with careers so short) and be one contract player at manly.

really glad he is staying can see him playing a BK like role with the young forwards coming through.

Big name players taking pay cuts to extend and stick together, very similar to when Dez was last here. Amazing news
I suspect Dylan wasn't in a strong negotiating position so had to take what he could. I do note that there is a provision for an upgrade there after year 1, so presuming that it is a performance based review then it seems like a good deal from the clubs point of view

I doubt Marty is taking unders though

I’m so happy about these signings. As you guys know I was not a fan of Dylan after his incident. But I honestly think he has learnt his lesson - he doesn’t seem so cocky anymore and has become waaaayy more humble. So glad to see Marty stay too, he was INCREDIBLE this season

How good is the feeling around this club right now!! I’d really appreciate a premiership in 2020 ;)

Ok so this is how I read this.

I believe this is a much bigger signing then what meets the eye. I’ve always seen Marty as one of the best forwards in the game and in the back of my mind thought he would move on to the highest bidder come contact negotiations.

I’ve never questioned his professionalism as he is one of the best in the games of what he dose and how he goes about it. Marty has really proved me wrong and is showing us that success will come with this group as sacrifices are being made if we stick together.

This signing alone really signifies what’s going on behind closed doors at Narrabeen as the true belief intensifies throughout the squad.

Des is a miracle worker and it’s crazy how proud I was of Manly even after the South’s loss. I just knew from that point we have an amazing 10 years coming up and wouldn’t want anything more to see this group stick together to succeed. I guess they see it that way as well.

I suspect Dylan wasn't in a strong negotiating position so had to take what he could. I do note that there is a provision for an upgrade there after year 1, so presuming that it is a performance based review then it seems like a good deal from the clubs point of view

I doubt Marty is taking unders though
Also talking about Thomo, Faniu, Parker. And the turbos have politely told other clubs they are not interested.

Far cry from last year when all the talk was about Marty wanting out, AFB wanting out etc. Great too see the culture their now and everybody wanting to stick together, very encouraging.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7