• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Been watching the games most nights before bed, some good cricket played so far

Watching the Strikers at the moment, not sure how much you have seen of this Rashid Khan fella but I will not be surprised if in the very near future we are talking of him among the top handful of bowlers in world cricket, he has the potential to really take Afghanistan to some big wins in the future in all forms of the game

Off the Sixers v Scorchers game tomorrow actually.

Khan really rips it through for a leggie. His wrong 'un is good, not even sure it comes out of the back of the hand, couldn't get a slow mo replay to see his release. He does look good though and Hoggie has proven a decent leggie can be an assett in T-20. Not sure how he'd go at test level, does his lack of flight work against him ?

I think his wrongun is that good it would still cause trouble at test level, especially in his part of the world

Have seen him in the IPL and CPL previous to this and nobody picks him, and is still very young. Will be interesting to see how he goes

Sixers poor tonight. Just don’t have a quality bat that can turn the tide. 0-2 not a great start.

Our version is on at the moment, thought I'd share this new bowling innovation with you lol

I always thought the umpire with the shield looked like a complete dickhead, but we have a bowler over there who has gone to the next level with a bowling helmet haha. He dips his head in his follow through so this gives him confidence to bowl without being hit

XFGZtmDk_44KthwkmfjG_HBF1yW4KW1FM7-LMysf_vcDX5vWxk_UFyP9vdOIlDvAQMX6tJ5Q0iuqGJOXIqGML9pKEtgIFwbTxC4XyTFZgR-ABCW-t98GtmZ4APboPVtCpPGHzzzmlx4IKbPztjcGYE9mLHcPGoqA3nK2_QBpWT8hdhnhyw=w480-h240-nc

Robobowler.

Imagine Paul Adams playing T20 ?? He was looking back under his armpit at point of release. I'm not sure if you saw the game the other night where Ben Rohrer got cleaned up at the non strikers end when backing up - nasty blow which would have been a lot worse had he not had a helmet on.

Did anyone catch the Heat - Hurricanes last night ? What did you think of the obstructing the field call ??

I thought it was fair enough, he definitely changed his line and I thought that there was enough doubt there as to whether it was intentional or not.

Yeah watched that game, seeing most of the games because while I'm off work I've got the late night shift with the little fella

I thought it was a poor call personally, his line did change, but he was always going to be safe, and the line of the ball wasn't going to hit the stumps the way he was veering away it looked more like he was trying to avoid the ball, the ball hit the stumps after it had changed direction off his body

Don't think it cost them the game at all though, they were in strife before that call

Is tough watching McCullum play this stuff now rather than for us, but Munro is filling his spot well now up the top of the innings, it's just the impact that McCullum seems to have on his teams that makes them all confident and better players

Interesting tournament so far, can't believe how crap the Sixers and Stars are. Rashid Khan still killing it, although that shot he tried to play off his back last week was hilariously bad haha

It's not a matter of whether he was going to be safe or not, or whether the ball was going to hit the stumps or not. IMO when he turned for the second run he had a good look at the fielder and I think he made a decision then that it was going to be tight and I think he decided to veer in front of the stumps - which you can't do. I don't get the argument that he was trying to avoid the ball, you have pads, helmet, gloves to protect you and to be honest cutting the plane of the return throw is less hazardous then running in an arc to make yourself parallel to the throw. He tried to avoid it and got hit anyway ?? I'd be more inclined to believe that argument had he been watching the ball at the end and then took evasive action - he wasn't looking at the ball and decide to slide in front of the stumps - why ?? Intentional or not it was stupid. Anyway it's controversial and that gets people talking about the game - certainly fired Baz up.

Sixers just don't have a class bat that can win them a game and their bowling has been poor - Abbot especially who was good last year. I'm looking forward to seeing what Carlos Braithwaite can bring this weekend. There is no one in that Sixers side that jumps out as a class T20 player - they need a bat that can smash 80 from 40 or 50 balls. They should try and sign someone like McCullum for next year - they lack leadership too and he'd bring something to that team apart from his batting.

I love seeing the Stars struggle - all the Big Dogs who can't get it done.

Just looked at it now. I'm happy with it. (my 2 cents)

Didn't think I would be until I saw where he ended up. So what batsman runs and ends up almost sliding into his stumps. Change of direction for sure.

But I'm drunk so maybe I'm wrong.

nah

Few observations from the tournament so far

Tymal Mills is the most over rated player in world cricket

Archer is good, but don't understand the commentator beat up about how great he is

Short is very good, showed good signs last year and has gone to new heights this year

Cutting, very rapid regression of his abilities, he was a viable player when he was picked as a bowler who could hit a long ball at 8, now he can't bowl and isn't good enough for a frontline bat position

Maddinson looks to have been set back a few year by international selection, looks a shadow of what he was now

Madison has jumped the shark - needs a new hairstyle, a shave and a good net session.

Archer is pretty handy, he's good value.

Sixers smoked heat tonight. They’ve fired up at wrong end of season.

Farkin Sixers look the form side and they aren't even going to make the finals. I think that was a record BBL run chase last night and they did it on their ear.

How funny that the Stars will get the spoon - underperforming show ponies.

Farkin Sixers look the form side and they aren't even going to make the finals. I think that was a record BBL run chase last night and they did it on their ear.

How funny that the Stars will get the spoon - underperforming show ponies.
Agreed. Once the Sixers could not make the finals, all I cared about was beating the "so called" Stars.
And didn't we do that in style.
Such a shame we don't have one more game up our sleeve.
The other teams will be happy we can't make cause as you said Sixers are the form team.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2