Betting Story / Scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I agree @HappilyManly

Maybe they should shoot him at dawn, what deadset joke.

Those trotting out the "players know the rules" have short memories. We have seen a young bloke crippled this year and the NRL say they are gonna be heavy handed yet players like Reynolds escape punishment and Watmough gets a poultry 4 week suspension.

Why werent they suspended for the remainder of the season?

Good riddance. Sorry to niccipops and happily manly but he needs to go. You can't justify this however much you would like too. Give next years salary of his to DCE and Foz. He stuffed up off the field like he has on the field. Loved the bloke when fully fit and it's a shame he hasn't been for a while but we have five wingers ahead of him now and this was a stupid stupid and contractually illegal thing to do. Take the many blinkers off and consider how you wod react if it was Cameron smith.

I feel like a broken record

It would be nice to know the full details (did he bet on what games, how much etc ) before we leap to conclusions re the remainder of his manly career

As someone who has had a considerable impact on our success , as recently as last year, it is the lead fans could do

HappilyManly said:
Wolfie is the Whale of Gamblers, had 30 $5 bets over 3 years :)

We can all sleep well tonight, as the NRL have banished him. The many Players who merely assault females, are their preferred as employees :sleepy:

Where is the rehab option for his addiction :huh:

Here,here well said. It's taken these NRL assclowns a couple of weeks to come up with this earth shattering result to rid us all of these rugby league rogues (let alone the fact that the rest of us throw away millions a week on this obsenity), yet here we are 18 months down the track from the darkest day in Australian sport, wide spread match fixing,drug taking, mafia controlled players and clubs and we haven't seen diddly squat. This is just beyond absurd it makes the Three Stooges look like a high court judiciary.

Top End Eagle said:
Take the many blinkers off and consider how you wod react if it was Cameron smith.
Cameron Smith has been allowed to cheat the cap and then captain Australia. He's a grapple tackling, chicken winging, wrestler who has also acted rather questionably regarding Alex McKinnon.
Wolfie may have been a twit and that is a shame for him and his fans but please don't compare him to teflon Smith.

niccipops said:
Top End Eagle said:
Take the many blinkers off and consider how you wod react if it was Cameron smith.
Cameron Smith has been allowed to cheat the cap and then captain Australia. He's a grapple tackling, chicken winging, wrestler who has also acted rather questionably regarding Alex McKinnon.
Wolfie may have been a twit and that is a shame for him and his fans but please don't compare him to teflon Smith.

Okay then brett Morris.

Brett Morris has done sweet FA for Manly :huh:
Cam has illegally received hundreds of thousands in breach of the Salary Cap :mad:

Wolfie backing himself and Manly is commendable.
He is one Player who has always given as much as he was able, never protected himself and left us with some of the most incredible tries ever seen on the field :angel:

I hope he does have Team Mates who stand up for him as he did for them, even up at the Cross with his slight frame !

Looking forward to following his next career- a true larrikin and a good sort to boot :)

mickqld said:
HappilyManly said:
Wolfie is the Whale of Gamblers, had 30 $5 bets over 3 years :)

We can all sleep well tonight, as the NRL have banished him. The many Players who merely assault females, are their preferred as employees :sleepy:

Where is the rehab option for his addiction :huh:

Here,here well said. It's taken these NRL assclowns a couple of weeks to come up with this earth shattering result to rid us all of these rugby league rogues (let alone the fact that the rest of us throw away millions a week on this obsenity), yet here we are 18 months down the track from the darkest day in Australian sport, wide spread match fixing,drug taking, mafia controlled players and clubs and we haven't seen diddly squat. This is just beyond absurd it makes the Three Stooges look like a high court judiciary.

smsmileys32.gif

Once again take the blinkers off. He has bet on games he has a direct impact upon or inside knowledge at the least. It is against the rules and for good reason. You can't be a little bit pregnant. It's a shame that he won't play for us again and an even bigger shame that a provable media/social media/dancing with the stars future won't unfold. He stuffed up. He did the wrong thing. Sandow could have gambled millions away but it wasn't on his own team.

I don't disagree that he's done the wrong thing and needs to be punished. What sh..s me is that the hypocritical NRL are okay to give women bashers, drink drivers, foul mouthed thugs and bullies some slap on the wrist fines and a couple weeks suspensions. Continue to upend guys on their heads after someone has been crippled for life and declare that they will come down hard on spear tackles only to go soft within weeks of it but have a few bets means you're gone for the season.

Top End Eagle said:
Okay then brett Morris.
Couldn't give a rat's about Morris but if it was him or any other player with a previously clean record I wouldn't be baying for his blood or thinking that low level personal betting should end his career.
I don't think we should write Wolfie off yet though. 2014 hasn't been the best but who knows what he could bring in 2015 if still in our colours.

Just watching Sterlo on Foxsports sponsored by TAB with a run down of all the odds. Now I'll switch over to the Footyshow sponsored by Sportsbet with Joel Caine giving us all a rundown of the odds and special offers...Ohh and don't forget to gamble responsibly. HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!

Wolfie is already a Calvin Klein Model, also the face of an International Fragrance and has a flegling acting career. So the Oz Reality Shows are not on his bucket list.

Again, an athlete betting $5 on his own success is nowhere near as 'illegal', as a Team artificially strengthening their side by hiding Contract payments to win a comp. :cool:

Sandow backing Parra to win would have compounded his losses, even he didn't like the odds:p

Wolfie did wrong but 9 weeks suspension is absurd . Storm Players had zero weeks suspension :dodgy:

Ohh and here's all the other league sponsors constantly bombarding us with their adds odds and money back specials, Betfair,Centerbet, Bet365,Tom Waterhouse. HYPOCRITES!!!!!!

The NRL and Clubs drum it in to players, not to gamble on NRL games.

He still did it. Imagine the **** storm if he bet against Manly? Really stupid thing to do. Not going to compare it to storm players, Robert Lui etc. They're obviously alot more serious issues. He broke the rules he deserves suspension. Whether he has a 10/10 rig, a foot long slug, he broke the rules and deserves punishment.

Such a shame. In form, he was by far the best winger in the game.

Love the wolfman. He will be back bigger and better next year. A suspension year fair enough, but not sure he should have been singled out with the rest of the season when all the rest get 2 weeks. All's i say is forget Joel Cain, Wolf should be working for sporting bet for the rest of the year.

Well said napper. I can't understand why people are trying to defend him. The hypocrisy doesn't lie in the NRL's sponsors it lies with those here who try to defend the indefensible. If it was a five cent bet on one occasion it was still wrong. He should be sacked.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10