Best & worst Seaeagles signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fulton signed Ronnie Gibbs & Cliff Lyons to Manly in mid 1980s when they were both hot headed trouble makers that no one else wanted to take the risk on. Cliffy was sent off in 1986 semifinal for some silly head butt or something. It wasn't until middle of 1987 under Fulton that they really began stepping up for Manly.

Zinzan Brooke was signed to Manly but Lowe let him walk without a game. Emosi Koloto was another. Was supposed to come but the draft sent him to Norths so he stayed in England.

Jorgen Rogers. Round 1 of 1994 against Bulldogs at Brookvale. Fullback I think. One game. Shocker.

What happened to Piri Weepu's brother from mid 1990s Billy Weepu? He was a massive unit. Too big.

I picked up The Sea Eagle Has Landed on ebay and been reading it past fortnight. A great read and needs updating.

I want to say best signing was Wally O'Connell in late 1940s. Kangaroo halfback. He sat out an entire season after the league told him he had to stay with Easts if he wanted to keep playing rugby league. But he said he had given Manly his word he would come and be their captain and coach.

He got Manly to the 1951 grand final but couldn't play due to an injury in the final. Ken Arthurson was in that team.

You can take a line through Manly history beginning with O'Connell coming and coaching Arthurson. O'Connell and Arthurson were then big influencers on Bob Fulton in the 1960s. Then in the 1980s and 1990s you can see Fulton's influence on Hasler, Lyons and Toovey. Now we can all see Hasler and Toovey's influence on Cherry Evans and Foran.

All that began with Wally O'Connell.

I hope Wally is still around somewhere. His Wiki page suggests he is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_O'Connell Would be good if the club did something for him in 2012.

Ben Walker, Shane Winters (signed from the NSW penal league!) Chris Bailey, David Vealeki, Craig Field, AND

JOHN RIBOT

all shockers

Best - B.K. - Lyon
Worst by a mile - Rennie. All the hype and drama in the courts. Upset the senior players so much at training he didn't even get a crack at firts's. And we were struggling then!!

Mitchell Cox was a dud..should've just stuck to selling cars.
Kevin Ward was probably the one who jumps out at me.
He was tough, and took no sh!t...pretty good for a Pom.

Best too hard so many outstanding club changing names like Fulton,Eadie,Reilly,Mossop,O'Connell,O'Neill,Cliffy,Kennedy,Boyd,Cleal,
Ridge,O'Conner but to me Jamie Lyon just stands out now as one of the best of all time.
The worst Kevin Iro,Mitchell Cox,Bailey,Vaeleiki were big duds.

I thought Matthew Ridge might get a mention! When I first saw him I thought this guy is going to get creamed! But he was tough, top goalkicker and a great sledger! He was signed from rugby union and history has taught us that the transition to league is not easy!! It turned out to be a top signing..

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6