Best Wishes @marga

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Many of our long term posters and most of us will remember and know marga, in recent years things made her move away from posting and she stepped back from her trips a little.
She was the sea eagle true number one fan for many many years and is the manly mum we all love.

I know she will be annoyed at me posting this and I'll suffer those consequences but she is going through a tough time with the old enemy of cancer

One of the things that makes this site and the greater community amazing is how we all pull together in times like this. Now I don't know what we can offer her but I'd like us all to offer our collective well wishes for Margaret and send her our manly sea Eagles love.

Spare a though for her, she will beat this as she is a tough cookie and I know we will see her smiling at a game again soon
Nice words Dan and all the best Marga, you will always be in our thoughts and prayers

Best of luck @marga as you're about to start the next phase of 'the battle'. A great Manly fan and a real nice person, who even sent me some Manly stuff over here!

The original thread for those wanting some more comments:

https://silvertails.net/threads/best-wishes-marga.55676/#post-1087226

I wish you and your family all the very best of luck, news, and good times over this Christmas period (and beyond, obviously).

We hope to see you posting again here soon.

Merry Christmas @marga and may the new year bring you Good health and happiness x :h: x

5a32fa171600003d00c500eb.jpg

Oh no not Marga!! Your support for the Sea Eagles is legendary! We're a tight knit team so I'm sure all supporters will be cheering you on from the sidelines in your own big game!!!

@marga all the best for Christmas hope you have a safe an happy holidays, and go kick cancers arse in the new year!

Go @marga .
I'm sure seeing Dessie and the crew back at Manly will give you some fuel in the tank to win this race.
And we'll all be cheering you across the finish line...

I don’t know Margaret personally but reading the comments from others on this site leaves me in no doubt what a wonderful and strong person she is.
Margaret - your strength and belief and the love and support of your family (including your ST family!) WILL get you through this.

@marga and her fave :inlove:

https://m.cqnews.com.au/news/footy-fan-meets-hero/1584931/

RCQ_17-10-2012_ROP_03_EME121012margchoc1_t640.jpg

Margaret with her on-field favourite Anthony “Choc” Watmough.
NEWS
Fan of the year: Mad local footy fan meets Sea Eagles heros
by Di Stanley
17th Oct 2012 9:28 AM

"ALL the boys in the group call me Mrs Choc - I'm a Choc stalker, I'll admit it!"

Emerald's Margaret Anthony is talking about Manly Sea Eagles on-field enforcer Anthony "Choc" Watmough, the man she claims is a misunderstood softie at heart.

Tell that to the judiciary.

Earlier this month, Margaret was flabbergasted to be named Manly Warringah's inaugural Members' Member of the Year at a glittering function in the club's northern Sydney heartland.

Club membership ambassador Paul "Fatty" Vautin presented Margaret with the award, but it was the photo with Choc that made the night magical.
EME121012margfatty1_t640.jpg

"He knows I am his number one fan," Margaret, who has racked up the frequent flyer points following Manly around the NRL circuit since joining the travelling supporters group three years ago, enthused.

"He is a really nice guy. I know he's had his issues in the past… but he was the first one who sent me a tweet on the night saying congratulations.

"I am in possession of about eight of his player jerseys and only a couple of weeks ago he gave me a pair of autographed boots."

Margaret with Paul "Fatty" Vautin.
Margaret caught the Sea Eagles bug in 1984 when she started following the legendary Bob Fulton.

A comfy lounge room chair was replaced by the supporters group in 2009 and, since then, Margaret has travelled interstate to New Zealand and even England for this year's World Cup Challenge.

Jetting to China is next in 2013 if a planned game against the Canberra Raiders comes off.

A week after the award and Margaret is still floating on air.

"I'm still on cloud nine," the CD Adams Real Estate employee said.

"I'm still walking around with a smile on my face."

Sadly, the Sea Eagles adoration has skipped a generation in the family.

Margaret's love affair is decidedly not shared by her two sons and daughter.

"They think I'm crazy… but I'm still working on my grandchildren," she said.

Last edited:
Best of luck @marga in this battle. Stay strong and have a lovely Christmas with your loved ones. I don’t know you personally as well, but can see how loved you are by your Manly family.

I reckon Des could take a training game to Emerald.

On ya Marga, we support you on this struggle!!! We are Manly.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8