Best way Barrett can win the fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Is to get results....Early Wins to get the old Manly faithful on side - where they should be.

2016 was a train wreck in many ways, but if you give a great mechanic limited tools - its hard to get a true indication of the real ability, whilst the dud mechanic ....

Not 1 for excuse and when playing, coaching or watching have always lived with the attitude we are in the fight, regardless of opposition, referees or the weather too hot or cold.

Fact is - the Injury toll was a joke in 2016 and ZERO coach on this earth would have done much (if any) better with the troops we had available.

I will say, the 2 things personally that I didn't like were some of the options with team selection, as in positional and some faces constantly picked on rep - not form...again tough due to the above....but some seemed obvious imo.
The other was taking losses TOO WELL...maybe I'm overly emotional in competition and he was showing composure, but it danced on the line of not enough passion at times after games...

Really happy with Barrett's overall sight on a game and believe he knows the modern breakdown on the field to win games with a decent team....2nd season in, may see that bit more fire that translates to the players....realistically needs a solid chance to show IF he deserves the coaching role at our Mighty Sea Eagles, I wish him well and won't be surprised if he shows why Bozo and Co rated him so highly.

Funny you should mention not taking losses hard enough - DCE raised this very point in in his member's zone interview. He said that was something he wants to address - getting the mentality that losses aren't acceptable (or words to that effect).

Picking players on form, not reputation.
If he picks the best players and the team loses then it's hard to blame the coach. It seems to me - and many other posters on here - that certain players are coach favourites. I give you DESpicable and She Rex. It's not just Twenty, who has a thing for Plod and Poo.
Now, whether he picks the team or Fulton does is another question.

Picking players on form, not reputation.
If he picks the best players and the team loses then it's hard to blame the coach. It seems to me - and many other posters on here - that certain players are coach favourites. I give you DESpicable and She Rex. It's not just Twenty, who has a thing for Plod and Poo.
Now, whether he picks the team or Fulton does is another question.
^This

The wins will come if the most capable players are given a spot.

Every position must be contested by those outside of the first 13.
Then those on the field will fight to keep spots :nod:

Win-Win

We should have a good idea of barrett's coaching ability after the first 7 rounds

With 5 of the first 7 games at brookie we should be on at least 10 points after 7 rounds

if we are say 2 wins from 7 then I would suggest that barrett make an appointment with centrelink

We should have a good idea of barrett's coaching ability after the first 7 rounds

With 5 of the first 7 games at brookie we should be on at least 10 points after 7 rounds

if we are say 2 wins from 7 then I would suggest that barrett make an appointment with centrelink

And if we win 2 from the first 7 we should be on.........at least 4 points after 7 rounds.

@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:

Injury permitting, he can ingratiate himself with the fans if teams are chosen based on performance and not favouritism.

I'm fine if he wants to give Poo / Plod and J Wright a run in game one.

However, if they have lack lustre, below par games then he immediately ( round 2) needs to make changes.

Do that , and he goes up a peg in my view!

But patience is a virtue , for him & us, so I'm going to add " as long as we can see improvement " in the mix as well.

I hope for everyone he succeeds, for himself, us, the club , sponsors and especially the players!!

can u give an example of where he talked things up big.

Maybe he said: That Sironen, he's a big lad!

being-confused-smiley-emoticon.gif

For me it'll be the sight of a unified, mentally strong manly side that wins a ****load of games at brookie (oh sorry, cough cough lottoland *coughs blood*) and a ****load of games elsewhere to win him over 100%. Until then about 50/50

EDIT: Change of plan just heard today's interview and was well slightly bamboozled, to say the least, when Baz stated that Jono Wright was a "professional" bloody hell better not use him in first grade UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY...

Last edited by a moderator:
The ONLY way he can win the fans is by winning.
I never liked him as a player and never really thought of him as a winner. I've joked about it before, but I seriously can't look at him without seeing Nathan Brown slap him across the face. And the push-ups on the bar in his undies will always stay with me, much like Brad Fittler (as coach) fining himself for getting pissed after a game.
My wife's a Cowboys fan, and when it looked like Barrett was going to be appointed the Cowboys head coach, I thought it was hilarious. I stopped laughing when they named him as the coach of Manly. I never bought the "one of the best young coaches in the game" sell because it was never based on results. His record with the Panthers under-20s was terrible. His record with us hasn't been much better.
But despite all of that, I still think he deserves a decent chance. And I'm willing to overlook all of it if he gets us winning games. That's all he has to do. And I wish him luck.

Last year we were under prepared, unfit, and too many lazy players looking for the easy route.

Trent presented as an inexperienced coach, out of his depth at times, no doubt that contributed to our season.

It's not hard to envisage that there may have been a lot going on at Eagles HQ last year. The little we know about, a Betting scandle and ageing superstars.

I give Trent plenty of credit for openly saying he made mistakes and that he learned plenty from season 1.

I like the injection of youth.

Love the decision to get Blake Green. Love that we now have a kicking coach. Love that Cherry is one of a small group practicing conversions..

If we see a marked improvement in this teams fitness and work ethic in 2017. I might even warm to him yet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7