Best Signings across the NRL ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Its hard to predict who will be the star signings for 2014 as some will over achieve & many will....flop.
The signings I refer to are the fringe NRL players or relative unknowns across the NRL during the past 10 or so years.
Looking at Manly there has been many more than any other team imo, though I do have Maroon & White eyes.
The Bryant, Hall, Horo , Lawrence, Le Strange type players who struggle at 1 club then come to Manly & thrive, being touted as potential rep players.
Is it the recruitment picking gems in the rough, or simply the Manly trainers & coaching staff combined with a successful history that helps them find an extra 2-3 gears??
I struggle to find success stories that can compete with these, but theres obviously a few others in recent times.
Not including the Inglis marquee signings who are already in the superstar catagory, more the ones who have gone from nothing to a gun NRL player from not only Manly, but all NRL teams....

We do have a fantastic ability to turn those types of players into rep players. I think credit where credit is due also to the Storm. They have a habit of taking fringe players and making them into solid first graders, who just do their job year in and year out.

I'd add in Matt Ballin, thrown away by Wayne Bennett.

Wolfie was an NYC, injury prone 20 year old in 2007 and was actually about to give it away.
2008 Premiership winner and Kangaroo Rep :angel:

I am hoping that Lui and O'Dare/ Starling do a Brenton and Horo in 2014 for Manly :)

Agree the Storm as another - the Norrie, Bromwich type frontrowers especially.
Surprised Sau never really kicked on there from Newcastle, expected him to turn into a poor mans Hurrell in that backline.
The fowards have Smith to thank for plenty as he gets a side rolling foward like no other # 9, even if theres some dubious passes in the ruck....

I think he Dragons will be much improved with the new halves combo of Gareth Widdop and Sam Wiliams

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8