Best Ever Manly tries !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I realise there are 1000's....but there have been a few Extra special as Amazing match winners, powerhouse charges, team and solo tries...
I got a few top of my head to wet the appetite...
2008 Gf - Menzies....just a great team try that iced the cake in a record GF victory.
Brett Stewart vs Sharks around 2005....Kennedy charges through the middle and throws an immaculate around the corner pass to Snake, who kind of verrs towards the left sideline and puts on the afterburners...quickest I ever seen him run and it stamped "Star" there and then.
Phil Blake vs Dogs, similar play with Boyd up the guts onto Blake, into space and the famous chip n chase - TRY !!
Last 1 was s famoue fightback vs the Panthers at Brookie....shifting side to side the last set of 6 and still a way out, Manly throw up a bomb...guess who flirs through to take it - yes Lyon who shifts to a 3 on 2 near the right sideline...Symonds dives into the corner to claim victory with a shocked Soward blowing up like a baby who dropped its rattle...the neighbours heard me 2 blocks away !

Too many to say.. snake produced some spectacular tries as did lyon. My favourite try of all time is probably the kite try in the 2008 gf. You can see from the play the ball its a set play. Lstrange gives Orford the this look and passes left and gives matai early ball and he comes back on the inside for the 1st time all night beating folau and passing back watmough.. i love how ray warren bellows BIG KING WHATS HE DOING THERE! He offloads to i think ballin who passes to a flying kite. Boom! Fuk storm

I use to love watching Manly in the mid nineties when Beaver and Lyons would tear oppositions apart. We would also have great backline set moves when the hooker would receive the ball on the 20m, and the backline was spread back to half way, both centres on same side.

One try that sticks with me is from no other than snake. It was against the tigers on a friday night. Wet, rainy night, it was a game we were suppose to win but trailed the whole game until the final minute when a chip kick was put through on the last play, snake followed through, jumped, chucked out one hand, fumbled it and then re gathered and planted it for a try to win the game. Was was pretty special

I use to love watching Manly in the mid nineties when Beaver and Lyons would tear oppositions apart. We would also have great backline set moves when the hooker would receive the ball on the 20m, and the backline was spread back to half way, both centres on same side.

One try however that sticks with me is from no other than the snake. It was against the tigers on a friday night. Wet, rainy night, it was a game we were suppose to win but trailed the whole game until the final minute when a chip kick was put through on the last play, snake followed through, jumped, chucked out one hand, fumbled it and then re gathered and planted it for a try to win the game. Was was pretty special

G'day all, Like everyone so many you can remember,and others you only remember when someone else mentions it,and others if you're like me you've forgotten completely,but Wolfmans try in the corner against Souths in the 2013 Q.F(?) is one for me.
cheers mike

Another one from the 2008 GF does it for me. Beaver's try was the pinnacle until from the next set of 6, Glenn Hall makes a break, passes to Snake who makes the most ridiculous flick pass at full speed while falling in a tackle, with the ball travelling straight into the hands of Steve Bell who gives us 40-0. Un-freaking-believable.

Another one from the 2008 GF does it for me. Beaver's try was the pinnacle until from the next set of 6, Glenn Hall makes a break, passes to Snake who makes the most ridiculous flick pass at full speed while falling in a tackle, with the ball travelling straight into the hands of Steve Bell who gives us 40-0. Un-freaking-believable.
That snake flick pass was awesome. I loved how he didn't score once all game

The one which will always stick in my mind 2013 PF ANZ Stadium tom s charge down from a scrum kick and scored untouched, we were off to the GF.

Souths fans around me in the members leave and with the only 2 manly fans around me we start saying as they leave" just another 42 years to go souths".

I know GF wins are sweet and are the best but that night in 2013 was probably my most enjoyable ever win outside a GF win.

No one even myself gave us a chance that night.

Last edited:
The one which will always stick in my mind 2013 PF ANZ Stadium tom s charge down from a scrum kick and scored untouched, we were off the GF.

Souths fans around me in the members leave and with the only 2 manly fans around me we start saying as they leave" just another 42 years to go souths".

I know GF wins are sweet and are the best but that night in 2013 was probably my most enjoyable ever win outside a GF win.

No one even myself gave us a chance that night.
Yeh we were down and out - seemed on tired legs and well behind....apart from that Super Symonds try, someone mentioned the other try, a freakish Wolfman bumping through Inglis with zero room to score, but somehow got it down !!

My absolute fav Manly try ever! Thank you so much for finding this! Rex calls it a try before Martin even looks to give the final pass!

l_1976-cole-top-tryscorer-card-2019-(6).jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4