Best Ever Manly Hookers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Fred Jones and Max Krilich are specials for this poll and Mal Cochrane would also get a guernsey. John Gray, Ray Brown also would come into calculations.

Have I missed anybody?

Tooves is halfback. Serdaris was very good but I question whether he was as good as Jones and Krilich who basically had the job for the best part of 20 years. Happy to put him in the poll if you wish.

forgot about Chad, knew there was someone else!

What about the pack Sedaris had!
Roberts/Carroll/Gillespie
Beaver/Kosef/Gartner

not bad at club level!

G1s SDS.
I liked the Mule but he fell out of favour. Actually was a lot like Monas - usual total commitment, reliable in defense but lacking the very top level of talent.

Mal Cochrane was fantastic and exciting, but it is incredibly hard to go past Fred and Max. Two of the toughest hookers in eras of incredible toughness.

Max is the one though. Captain from 1977 to 1983. Australian Test Captain 1982-83 and leader of the 'invincible' Kangaroos. 12 years service and 215 games for Manly, 177 pts, 13 Tests and 8 State games.

So almost 9 years on from this where does everyone rate Matty B? About to play his 200th game for the club, played in 3 grand finals, won 2 premierships and played SOO. I'd put him behind Max but the equivalent or better of anyone else.

^ GE is that you... @:p It appears you have some competition on your hands.

^ GE is that you... @:p It appears you have some competition on your hands.
haha apologies for the almighty bump of an old thread, just thought it would be interesting to see people's thoughts pre Matty and now

The Bomb Thrower changed the role of the No. 9 from someone who was tough, adept at hooking when scrums were a contest, and a good passer from dummy half (as Freddie Jones was) into a much more creative, running player. He is my pick.
Matt Balin is an incredible defender and wonderfully whole-hearted player, but he doesn't have the attack of Krilich.

On a serious note, Mal Cochrane for mine. Having said that, I only started watching in the 80's as a kid.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4