Best and worst Poms

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They put the ice in the esky first, leaving little room for the cans. Or so my dad reckoned. Once as a young chap he stopped me putting the ice in first and muttered something about “packing the esky like a Pom”.

I was then told that the Australian way is to put the cans and stubbies in first, then empty the ice all over and around the beer, for more thorough cooling.

They put the ice in the esky first, leaving little room for the cans. Or so my dad reckoned. Once as a young chap he stopped me putting the ice in first and muttered something about “packing the esky like a Pom”.

I was then told that the Australian way is to put the cans and stubbies in first, then empty the ice all over and around the beer, for more thorough cooling.
Plus there is nothing better than digging into a deep esky packed with ice wondering what treasures lay beneath...then to pull up an icy cold Kronenberg glistening like diamonds....birds start singing...the sun is beaming...a waft of bbq'ing sausages hits your nostrils ...and all is right with the world.

Reilly, Ward, Norton.
Reilly had it all, toughness, ball skills and a football brain.
I still remember attending a mid week game at Brookie in about '74 - '75. It was to catch up a washed out game. All the talk in the lead up to the game was the clash between Phil Lowe and Bill Ashurst from the Panthers. Both were tall, running pommie backrowers who reportedly hated each other. After a few minutes Ashurst was leaving the field on a stretcher after a hit from Reilly.
Still believe that the Manly pack of '72 was the toughest club pack ever. O'Neill, Igor Randall, Reilly, Alan Thomson, Big Bill Hamilton and Freddy Jones.

I think bozo may say Bob Fulton

The incomparable Immortal and the greatest player of all time Zachary Robert Fulton was
Born (1947-12-01) 1 December 1947 (age 70)
Stockton Heath, Warrington, Lancashire, England
pic-02x200.jpg

There's been some good ones including those mentioned. Tigers had a clever ball playing front row in the 70s too (Brian Lockwood?). Stevenson was good, John Gray was unorthodox but very clever also.
Mal Reilly stands alone at the top though. Brutal, fearless, subtle, technically gifted; all at a level above most poms and most players from anywhere ever really. We needed bozo's immortal-clinching performance in the 73 GF to survive losing Reilly to some inspired Sharks brutality in the opening minutes. Reilly went off, got a painkiller and came back to settle some scores but was basically immobilised until subbed out at half time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4