Best and worst Poms

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Something Raw and tough about Kevin Ward has me rating him as maybe my favourite ever front rower....just so powerful and would take on anyone....and Win.
Ellery Hanley was a Freak and that fend and explosive pace, could win games on his own and often did.....Tigers may have another premiership if Terry Lamb didn't take his head off on GF day, you could get away with a fair bit in the 80's.
Andy Goodway I would rate a dud, had Huge wraps before coming to Manly, maybe the rave reviews set such a high bar and made him seem worse, but offered little.
Tigers have done well with Gareth Ellis, Gary Scholfield, Edwards, Hanley over the years.
Leigh crooks went well for the tiggies. there was a bloke called topless…..possibly david who i think was a pom for the tiggies aswell

jonathon davies went ok too

mike stephenson was pretty well known for being both tough and toothless from memory, or he wore mouthguards top and bottom. something like that anyway

Ellery Hanley was a Freak and that fend and explosive pace, could win games on his own and often did.....Tigers may have another premiership if Terry Lamb didn't take his head off on GF day, you could get away with a fair bit in the 80's.
Many years later in an interview with Gary Jack, he was asked if the Tigers ever got even with Terry Lamb for his hit on Hanley, Jack said, "we sure did, we gave him the Tigers' coaching job", and the rest is history'

Garry Connelly and Joe Lydon were pretty handy Pommy backs [ Dogs and Rooster stints i think ] back in the nineties .
Mal Reilly was the complete player
Brutally Talented who defensively and offensively dominated the game .
I am told he is back home in England doing it tough with dementia

Joe Lydon was an explosive back
He had Killer speed and showed no Mercy on his way to the try line
as he left the slower players for dead

Morley was awesome, Martin Offiah, hanley, Malcolm Reily, Burgess and not sure if he qualifies Jonathan Davies was a freak

Question to be asked why our club moved away from English recruits
Cost and possible transfer fee and adjustment to more physical league in nrl ?

Question to be asked why our club moved away from English recruits
Cost and possible transfer fee and adjustment to more physical league in nrl ?
Doubt if it has been intentional , just the different phases and priorities for assembling a squad . Manly more into a pathways [ junior ] type arrangement in recent seasons and [ Aus ] local or N Z acquisition in general . With the success of the Panthers in contemporary times , seems a quite good formula . Sure that the club was genuinely interested in Sam Burgess initially , maybe even Luke Thompson. Luke Burgess more of a low key convenience signing . Often overlook guys like Offiah and Davies , star players definitely in their own right in any comp .

Mal Reilly was the complete player
Brutally Talented who defensively and offensively dominated the game .
I am told he is back home in England doing it tough with dementia

Joe Lydon was an explosive back
He had Killer speed and showed no Mercy on his way to the try line
as he left the slower players for dead
Brilliant try , certainly had some exceptional speed and skill . Went well a few times against Australia as well and pretty versatile . Think that he went into some footy commentary post footy career .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4