Best 2013 Recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
After checking out all the new signings for all teams in the NRL the best 2 clearly are Sharks just ahead of Manly.
Luke Lewis is world class, ppl forget how good Gordon is because he has been out injured, Heighnington is a poor mans Gallen but thats still darn good & Ryan is solid & better than what they have had out wide imo.
For Manly Chee kam & Sao are potential stars & Horo will suprise many imo. The other signings are ALL good & strengthen the spine of the squad big time.
Other teams to recruit well would be Penrith with Lewis Brown, Manu, talented James Roberts ,Whare & young Kyle O Donnell who will come good.
Roosters also improved - SBW & Maloney will make an impact.

Who does everyone rate with 2013 recruitment??

Manly leagues club and Manly footy club.

Both got me on board.

And I even paid them!!!

(+ we got Joey)

Lewis is a great buy but the rest off them Tigers losers are a major par of why they never make the finals..

I think we have done pretty well.....I rate Horo, and think he will improve under Donny Singe and really push for a run on spot. Chee Kam is a gun, may not get too much first grade this year but is a superstar of the future (IMO the signing of the year of those coming up from NYC).

Can't say I have seen much of Sao.

Our others are good reserves and backups as well.

I reckon this could be a really good year for us due to wise buying.

Happy with our recruitment given salary cap limitations they have done very well.

Everybody is on the sharks ( granted they now have arguably the best depth in the comp ) - but to me they have recruited 4 or 5 blokes from perennially under achieving clubs who were let go while still under contract. These blokes are heading towards the end of their careers mostly too. Gallen aint getting younger ...it better happen very fast for the Sharks.

I like our recruitment - keep as many stars as you can then snap up a bunch of youngish cheapies and hope 2 or 3 pay off.

Sharks dont have the halves or centers to go any further than about 4th or 5th. Barring injury Raiders should be right up there along with Storm, Dogs, Manly.

I reckon the Roosters might do a little better than people think...a change of coach, another year of maturity in some of the younger blokes and the addition of SBW and Maloney. I think they will definitely win more than they lose.

For us....well Jamie Buhrer has done enough to earn his starting spot in the team but the addition of Horo, Lawton and Chee Kam may have him looking over his shoulder.

You can't knock a winning culture and we've had that in spades mainly due to team stability over the last couple of years...that said, I can't help but feel a little excited about a bit of fresh blood around the joint.

I reckon another season for the Rooters....

What we have done from the front office all the way down to the young guys is amazing really.

Joey will be the best buy for the 2013 season......

I just can't get exited about the Gummies. Perennial losers. To my mind Lewis is past his best and injury prone. Looks like another Storm v Manly GF with us coming out on top, naturally.

People forget only 2 years ago the chooks were in the GF. They lack discipline although with a new coach that will prob change. Their only major issue is creativity in the halves but an in form Maloney would bring that.

Cronulla - Top 4 easily without too many injuries/suspensions.

I'm happy with our recruiting, especially Horro and Chisholm. I haven't seen the others play so I'm hoping they are as impressive as others on here have suggested.

Next season the top clubs will (again) be: Storm, Dogs, Manly, Cronulla, Brisbane and Cowboys, with Souffs being up there.
I do think Cronulla will be a force as I am a big Lewis fan.
I can't see Easts doing any better than this season. I also think Money-Bill will be a spectacular failure. Here's hoping . . .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8