Bench When fully fit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
So when king and gift are back and in the starting side, how strong is our bench looking:

14 horo/Buhrer
15 Lawrence
16 Fa'aoso
17 joe
18 George

And then the other newbies as well, very very strong!

when we have King and Glenn back Id go with
8.Lawrence
9.ballin
10.Kite
11.Watmough
12.Buhrer
13.stewart

14.King
15.Fa'aoso
16.Gaulauvo
17.Horo

Why would you have Buhrer there instead of Horo? I agree as a reserve coming off the bench but imagine what the Dogs pack will do to him if we start him.

For once I tend to agree with Darren, although Buhrer certainly held his own and looks to have bulked up a little.
I'd be giving Watmough as many spells as possible. He is playing in pain, and we have plenty of back-up for his position. I can't understand why he was brought back late into the match. His big heart is hurting his body.

Give poor Choc a rest!! This is madness playing him with needles for the year!! Ribs are up to 6 weeks and we need a 100% Choc belting the lines, not taking the tackle. The guy is a warrior but madness playing him like this. Horo, Buhrer and Joe can keep us going at 2nd row. So hard with Glenn and (Choc out) Maybe Chee Kam could get a spot?

Darren said:
Give poor Choc a rest!! This is madness playing him with needles for the year!! Ribs are up to 6 weeks and we need a 100% Choc belting the lines, not taking the tackle. The guy is a warrior but madness playing him like this. Horo, Buhrer and Joe can keep us going at 2nd row. So hard with Glenn and (Choc out) Maybe Chee Kam could get a spot?

Choc says no

If Lawrence keeps turning it performances like he did last night then he'll have to keep his starting spot. Tall, wide, strong and aggressive. He is exactly what we need to kick things into gear in the early exchanges.

I think Buhrer's inclusion into the starting like up will be of great benefit to the team as well.

Fa'aoso will be a great asset for us off the bench. He is a menace.

Just watched the replay on Fox and i have to say Lawrence plus Fa'aoso were great, both ran straight and hard with legs pumping.

torana355 said:
swoop said:
We haven't got depth, just ask Matt Johns.

How is our depth in the outside backs?

B Farrar, J Gagan, P Hiku, E.Tonga

Enough to cover a couple of injuries. I know they nowhere near the quality of Lyon and Matai. But do other clubs have quality outside backs in their lower grades? A few may but generally no.

Forward team who didn't play
13 Gift
12 Chee Kam
11 symonds
10 king
9 Lawton
8 Rose

Not bad depth right there.

it's a 17 man game, and i think King starts to settle the game and Lawrence comes on for impact. No use using up Lawrence in the 1st 15 minutes and depending on King for impact off the bench.

King and Fa'aoso on the field at the same time could be a problem - two penalty prone props on the field at the same time is a worry.

Wouldn't suprise me if guys like Fa'aoso and Smoking Joe are playing for the same bench spot.

When Kings comes back and is match fit he'll start. I think Lawrence could be dynamic and give us a real lift coming off the bench.

Horo/Chee Kam
Fa'oso
Rose
Galuvao

No doubt about it.

Forgot about king. Who gets dropped for him?

I think Rose. Toovey very doesn't seem to be his greatest fan.

I think Buhrer will be used off the bench as well when Gift returns.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4