[Resurrected] Ben Trbojevic hoping to follow in footsteps of big brothers at Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No one remembers form against cellar dwellers if you can’t at least make the GF.
Turbo may have had a terrific year, but due to the fact of having nothing to show for it at the business end of the season he can’t be placed with Hayne and Barba and their seasons. Just facts at the end of the day.
Cmon mate iv never seen anyone play like turbo, hayne closest thing but still a way off imo. Tom is the best player in the game but he needs help.

No one remembers form against cellar dwellers if you can’t at least make the GF.
Turbo may have had a terrific year, but due to the fact of having nothing to show for it at the business end of the season he can’t be placed with Hayne and Barba and their seasons. Just facts at the end of the day.
Well he actually can be put on the same level as those guys if he wins the Dally M because neither of those guys walked away with a premiership in their Dally M seasons...

As much as we are turbo reliant without jake and DCE we are just as lost
True that , however that said I don’t think either terrifies the opposition these days.

We really are short of an enforcer in the middle these days, the top sides above us all have one or two each.

If Keppie can put together a few games I think he is not far off
I agree , he’s learning his trade and hopefully it’ll be a weekly event not just once every 2-3 games as it is currently.

Don’t know who but still believe we need a run hard , non stop , semi grub in the middle. You know the ones , they scare the **** out of the opposition every time.

Do you think Jake is worth his current contract?
He is the heart and soul of Manly - he is worth every cent. He is like Dale Finucane. Every side needs a player to build the culture around and to be the rock of the side. The reality is not many teams have those players. Penrith have Yeo. Souths Murray, Storm had Dale, Roosters probably Teddy, Parra.... they don't have one and the rest probably also don't have one. Every one of Jake's 50 or whatever tackles on Friday night were heart and soul and all quality. Not sure how many hit ups he did but he is no shirker there. You don't need to be a try scoring machine or a big metre eating big bopper to be worth your wait in gold. Manly is founded on Jake as the rock and we will be a powerhouse now for a number of years to come as a result. You ask every player in the comp - what players from other clubs would you want in the trenches with you and I would say most players would nominate Jake. That says it all.

All this talk of Jake going to prop is not accurate. Just because there are two props on a list and one lock, does not mean you can only have one player performing a lock forward role. They are both playing 13 when on the field...in fact, you could argue that Walker is the prop because Jake T still defends closest to the middle with Croker. They both take hit ups and both use the ball as a link man.

As for comparisons with Murray, they are different players. I think Jake is better at ball playing and stiffening up the middle defence, whilst Murray obviously has better footwork and a tendency to poke his head through and get a quick play-the-ball. Both are valuable to their respective sides and if you swapped one for another, you'd be gaining one thing and losing another.
Exactly @Snake - that is exactly the difference!

Walker could become an 80 minute lock and jake and 80 minute prop. Walker has really impressed me and he has put on size and even puts shots on. Jake needs to goto prop and develop an offload if he does.
bzzzz.... nope. Jake is never going to be a prop. Does he play a bit of middle when Walker comes on - absolutely but he is a link man - just like Walker but Jake can take the tougher carries when needed. Jake has sublime ball skills - he is not tall enough or big enough to continually stand in tackles and offload - he might get the odd ball away but he just doesn't have that body size to be a regular offloader or to make big metres in the middle.

I agree , he’s learning his trade and hopefully it’ll be a weekly event not just once every 2-3 games as it is currently.

Don’t know who but still believe we need a run hard , non stop , semi grub in the middle. You know the ones , they scare the **** out of the opposition every time.
Or a Fotuaika or Lisone type to come off the bench and punch holes and bend the line.

bzzzz.... nope. Jake is never going to be a prop. Does he play a bit of middle when Walker comes on - absolutely but he is a link man - just like Walker but Jake can take the tougher carries when needed. Jake has sublime ball skills - he is not tall enough or big enough to continually stand in tackles and offload - he might get the odd ball away but he just doesn't have that body size to be a regular offloader or to make big metres in the middle.
Bzzzz nope ! Classic
@:D

I hear you but think Keppie can be that man
Yes I agree totally - he can. He has mongrel - he takes on the opposition "hard man" and makes it mano mano. He absolutely is the man. He punched a hole early against Souths with a tough run only for DCE to drop it or over run it. He makes yards. He also has some real starch in defence. A fit and non suspended Aloiai also has mongrel, takes the tough carries and also can whack in defence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4