[Resurrected] Ben Trbojevic hoping to follow in footsteps of big brothers at Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ben's too much of a nice guy. We need a grub type player in the backrow. Someone like Radley, Murray, Yeo, Brown, Finucane, Kaufusi. We need a tradesman 100% worker. Murray killed us last night up the middle.

Ben's too much of a nice guy. We need a grub type player in the backrow. Someone like Radley, Murray, Yeo, Brown, Finucane, Kaufusi. We need a tradesman 100% worker. Murray killed us last night up the middle.
Murray always kills us. Twice the player jake is! Guy has it all and never stops

I don't know if Burbo is cut out to be that guy to take Schuster's vacant backrow spot once he moves to 6. With Bullmore coming through I reckon it should be him. Burbz will do as well as a bench impact player and good depth cover player.

Murray always kills us. Twice the player jake is! Guy has it all and never stops
Oh man.... you have no idea.... Very different players filling very different roles for their teams. If you somehow think Jake does not give it all then you didn't watch Friday night. Jake never stopped trying - no idea on his tackle count but would have been close to 50. Give yourself an uppercut lol. Just a garbage comment... nothing more.... nothing less.

Oh man.... you have no idea.... Very different players filling very different roles for their teams. If you somehow think Jake does not give it all then you didn't watch Friday night. Jake never stopped trying - no idea on his tackle count but would have been close to 50. Give yourself an uppercut lol. Just a garbage comment... nothing more.... nothing less.
Do you think Jake is worth his current contract?

Do you think Jake is worth his current contract?
That is a good question, the emergence of Walker in the middle has even put this out there for more scrutiny.

If you look at how many minutes Walker has played in the last few weeks at 13, the coaching staff are juggling who is the best 13 at the club under the current rule set.

Jake has played some good footy lately, however most minutes have been at prop, IMO that’s his best spot now under the current rules, at the moment 950K is a fair whack of coin for an in between positions type players.

Needs a big off season and back to prop.

That is a good question, the emergence of Walker in the middle has even put this out there for more scrutiny.

If you look at how many minutes Walker has played in the last few weeks at 13, the coaching staff are juggling who is the best 13 at the club under the current rule set.

Jake has played some good footy lately, however most minutes have been at prop, IMO that’s his best spot now under the current rules, at the moment 950K is a fair whack of coin for an in between positions type players.

Needs a big off season and back to prop.
Walker could become an 80 minute lock and jake and 80 minute prop. Walker has really impressed me and he has put on size and even puts shots on. Jake needs to goto prop and develop an offload if he does.

All this talk of Jake going to prop is not accurate. Just because there are two props on a list and one lock, does not mean you can only have one player performing a lock forward role. They are both playing 13 when on the field...in fact, you could argue that Walker is the prop because Jake T still defends closest to the middle with Croker. They both take hit ups and both use the ball as a link man.

As for comparisons with Murray, they are different players. I think Jake is better at ball playing and stiffening up the middle defence, whilst Murray obviously has better footwork and a tendency to poke his head through and get a quick play-the-ball. Both are valuable to their respective sides and if you swapped one for another, you'd be gaining one thing and losing another.

All this talk of Jake going to prop is not accurate. Just because there are two props on a list and one lock, does not mean you can only have one player performing a lock forward role. They are both playing 13 when on the field...in fact, you could argue that Walker is the prop because Jake T still defends closest to the middle with Croker. They both take hit ups and both use the ball as a link man.

As for comparisons with Murray, they are different players. I think Jake is better at ball playing and stiffening up the middle defence, whilst Murray obviously has better footwork and a tendency to poke his head through and get a quick play-the-ball. Both are valuable to their respective sides and if you swapped one for another, you'd be gaining one thing and losing another.
Murray is the ideal 13 in todays game. Has it all... offloads footwork probably the quickest PTB in the game. Scores tries sets them up and tackles all night long. If i were a coach Murray would be my lock and jake my prop.

Snake do you think jake is worth 950k?

That's a fair point on Walker and Jake, with the both of them playing similar roles the team lost that punch through the middle, the balance is not there at the moment.

I like the way Freddy used Jake in Origin.

I think we can both agree that Turbo is worth more than 1.1M based on this year tho...?
No one remembers form against cellar dwellers if you can’t at least make the GF.
Turbo may have had a terrific year, but due to the fact of having nothing to show for it at the business end of the season he can’t be placed with Hayne and Barba and their seasons. Just facts at the end of the day.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4