Ben Ikin: When it comes to NRL funding, Manly deserves more than the Broncos... here’s why

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The nrl should just stop frigging around and having 8 million phone hooks ups with clubs and players about their share of $$$$$$ and just sack up and do it.

The idea of different level of funding for clubs is nothing new.

In the NHL even if you buy..say a Toronto leafs (spit) jersey, some of the proceeds will go to a less financially viable team.

If the Broncos don't appreciate the mammoth advantages they have and agree to a different funding model then simply disband a 'national' competition and let them return to their State Cup.
We have sufficient good quality clubs in NSW to conduct a competitive State-based competition.
We don't need the Broncos, nor the Storm for that matter who, let's face it, are just another mob of Queenslanders.

Thanks for this @BOZO. I'm not a Fox viewer, so was unaware of this or of his views in general. However, my perception of Ben Ikin is that he's a pro Queenslander (and former Bronco at that), so for him to come out and say this, I'm stunned!
Lets hope Manly does get more funding than the Broncos - that's IF any funding is actually handed out.

If the Broncos don't appreciate the mammoth advantages they have and agree to a different funding model then simply disband a 'national' competition and let them return to their State Cup.
We have sufficient good quality clubs in NSW to conduct a competitive State-based competition.
We don't need the Broncos, nor the Storm for that matter who, let's face it, are just another mob of Queenslanders.
The current situation means that the game could go full circle and that we have a Sydney based comp with 3 games on game days. I might be dreaming and I am sure so many of us out there would love to see something like that return. Donkeys and Drizzle are cashed up News Limited Fith and have a massive advantage over every club in this city!!

Maybe it's Manly!!

Seeing greenburg came out today and said "clubs dependent on pokies like my beloved bulldogs will hurt, but privately pwned clubs like Manly can just get more money from their owners."

Why does everything that f&%kwit says just fuel my utter contempt and hatred for that bald headed useless c%$t "my beloved Bulldogs" my god vomit ,uncontrolled vomitting ,head doing 360 while vomitting .
Please Vanldys this cokhead is the architect of your current situation i.e broke
GET RID OF HIM he is useless ,arguably corrupt ,contemptible and incompetent

Why does everything that f&%kwit says just fuel my utter contempt and hatred for that bald headed useless c%$t "my beloved Bulldogs" my god vomit ,uncontrolled vomitting ,head doing 360 while vomitting .
Please Vanldys this cokhead is the architect of your current situation i.e broke
GE may have been using some creative license there! But it was words to the effect, so GE probably captured what he was really wanting to say ... Link to article below.

You are spot on @Highflier
The incompetent Cononel Klink Greenburg has to go
He has just about turned the NRL into the laughable Stalag 13

Exhibit A.....
So how do two clubs that operate in such disparate market conditions, which give one club clear advantages over the other, get the same funding from the NRL?
It doesn’t make sense.

Across code in the AFL there is a more sophisticated model used to distribute money from the governing body to clubs.

Exhibit B.....
Rugby league legend Brad Fittler questions NRL's 'incredible mismanagement of money'

gettyimages-148466892-612x612.jpg

Wonder if the NRL can reposes Scam's missus' jewellery and pawn it.
May get $10,000 for it, which would pay for Shoddy's salary for another few days.

Wonder if the NRL can reposes Scam's missus' jewellery and pawn it.
May get $10,000 for it, which would pay for Shoddy's salary for another few days.

True, what was the original cost? 15k

So 5 months wages for a player.

This pandemic has really highlighted Greenburg's ineptitude & corruption.

No wonder he was sh*tting bricks at the thought of suspending or cancelling the season.

V'Landy's must think Greenburg's an incapable thief.

I hope he's given some form of discipline for allowing rugby league to go broke during his time at the helm.

Interesting article in SMH today about the NRL structure in comparison to the EPL. Amongst other things discussed it says the NRL has 400 staff and the EPL head office has 140.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4