Ben Farrar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the mauler said:
Can't believe that everyone rates Farrar so highly. Struggled at fullback bigtime, and is just a back up winger at best. No way he'd be ahead of Oldfield,Wolfie or even Whare.

Not everyone. Read the whole thread.

Farrar is a good utility player, knows how to hit a gap & is solid in defence. He'll be handy for us in 2012. Welcome back Ben!

Jethro said:
MB59 said:
How long has Ben been signed for ?
Can anyone remember the name of the site that gives updates on nrl players contracts..Dammed if I can think of it .

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rugby-league/player-movements/

Thanks Jethro, that was the site name I had forgotten.

Hope things are going well for you up there mate. :)

Ive always like Farrar, hes more than just an average player ! Those that think he is rubbish obviously havent watched him play. Hes a more then capable centre, and is handy at fullback, he reads the play well and is always there in support up the middle, sure he doesnt posess the speed and he may drop a few bombs here and there, but in my opinion hes a 1st pick winger !

Also a very capable centre. I'd like to see the Club keep him longterm. it must also be confusing for the opposition when both Ballin and Farrar are playing - they could be fraternal twins.

WAMF said:
Thought I'd regurgitate this so we can have 2 Ben Farrar threads running :)

Well guess what? Sorry to spoil your fun but, there's now only one running again because I've merged the two into one :p :D

Make that all of the Ben Farrar titled threads merged into one.

Some of you guys have short memories.

I fear that Farrar could be the next wipping boy.

I have no doubt that as long as he has fully recovered from his knee injury from this year that he will he a very handy player for Manly in the coming season.

Rodo said:
Some of you guys have short memories.

I fear that Farrar could be the next wipping boy.

I have no doubt that as long as he has fully recovered from his knee injury from this year that he will he a very handy player for Manly in the coming season.

Short memories of him dropping bombs,your memory of him must only include him tackling Slater and us winning our 1st game in melbourne,he is a shade better at fullback than Barba

Kiwi Eagle said:
If you are not backing him Shane then it is a sure bet he will go great guns for us again

I'm backing him for centre only, not a position we are short of....i have no faith in his catching under pressure abilities

Too small, too slow and weak under the high ball, sounds very similar to the esteemed pundits on Silvertails views on Robertson during the 2009 and 2010 seasons

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Welcome back Ben

I reckon he will play a huge role this season

So do I, I thought his last year with us was a great effort! BTW, in today's pics of training, he has certainly bulked up since last time we watched him play!!

Crusher_Cleal said:
How can someone of the mediocre calibre of Farrar attract 276 posts? Baffling.

Quite simple at an average of 0.3 posts per day for the 895 days between Tuesday, 9th June, 2009 and today (Monday, 21st November, 2011).

I come from Newey......Benny Farrar is a terrific young bloke, very loyal to Manly, has put on muscle & skill in ESL, ex defender & very skillful with ball in hand.

Best position inside centre/no.6 (Foran watch ya back) but has the pace to chime in backline anywhere.

Welcome back mate & ya deserve ya 250+ posts!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8