Ben Farrar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was Robbo.  He needs to be back on the wing.  He's not so fast, but positionally much better than any other stand-ins we've tried.  I wish Des had changed it around before the last stand.

I don't know about the pace comment DSM, a couple of years ago he and Hicks were just behind Stewart for pace, and he has scored some scorchers for us, most notably against the Warriors in the prelim last season

Canteen Worker link said:
Robbo is very quick - it is just that Snake has that 'Rolls Royce' style acceleration that is so hard to handle.

more Porsche 911 Turbo than Rolls Royce CW!

definitely robbo, and there's no way the t-rex was turning and getting himself between slater and the support like that. the kick to the corner or a floater to turner were the only wide options. both very low percentage all day in the conditions.

we would have been slaughtered had T-Rex been in the team. They would have had a field day

Just saw the replay again he would have beaten any fullback farrar pulled of a gem slater stepped on the inside had no option their to pass.The winger out wide was also covered farrar could have well just saved our top four chances.

From the daily telegraph today by James Phelps and Josh Massoud.

* EXPECT handy Sea Eagles fullback Ben Farrar to join the UK brigade next year. After locking up a host of stars, Manly no longer have the cap space to keep Farrar - who's been more than solid at the rear in Brett Stewart's absence this season.

Sad to see him go, hopefully Snake and Hoppa don't have any injury's next year. I think we need to send Farrar out with a premiership ring :)

ManlyBacker link said:
As far as I'm concerned he has been a huge success at our club. I am very sorry to see him go.
That's probably slightly overstated! I'm a fan of him with the ball in his hands but the guy looks like a toddler learning to catch under a high ball!

jwaa link said:
I wonder if Farrar will hold off signing until a certain date in September...

Had the same thought myself jwaa.

Its only a couple of weeks away so I can't see him jumping ship just yet.

Spuds Bodyguard link said:
[quote author=jwaa link=topic=184867.msg287646#msg287646 date=1282877891]

[/quote]

Fathers day?

Dan link said:
[quote author=Spuds Bodyguard link=topic=184867.msg287649#msg287649 date=1282878666]
[quote author=jwaa link=topic=184867.msg287646#msg287646 date=1282877891]

[/quote]

Fathers day?
[/quote]

Only if he turns up to court...........

ManlyBacker link said:
As far as I'm concerned he has been a huge success at our club. I am very sorry to see him go.
Me too, I will always remember him for that great tackle on Billy the grub in Melbourne last year.

He has been great for us. Firstly, I can believe we don't have enough to keep him (and make Beaver an offer), and secondly, why would he have to go to the UK. Every NRL club could use him. The way Parra, Dogs, Cronulla and Newcastle are throwing money around, they are mad to neglect him.
To those who say we have plenty of backs for next season, look what has happened this year with injuries.

Barry Hyland link said:
secondly, why would he have to go to the UK.

He might be another who has fallen so much in love with the Eagles in his brief stint that he could not bare the thought of playing against his former brothers in arms.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6