Ben Dowling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Modern day Jamie Lyon. Plays fullback for Randwick. 22 years old. Just won the Rugby World 7's.

Speed to burn, with magnificent hands. Great long and short passes, flicks, dummies, kicks, plays in the line regularly. Amazing defender (need to be playing 7's (there's nowhere to hide).

Crusher, Warwick, Fulton and Des should think outside the box and look at pedigree like this. Okay, he's older at 22. But everything he does is explosive and at speed.

Dowling / Koula would have the capacity of Lyon / Matai quality wise in my opinion (Koula - Matai different type players obviously).

Modern day Jamie Lyon. Plays fullback for Randwick. 22 years old. Just won the Rugby World 7's.

Speed to burn, with magnificent hands. Great long and short passes, flicks, dummies, kicks, plays in the line regularly. Amazing defender (need to be playing 7's (there's nowhere to hide).

Crusher, Warwick, Fulton and Des should think outside the box and look at pedigree like this. Okay, he's older at 22. But everything he does is explosive and at speed.

Dowling / Koula would have the capacity of Lyon / Matai quality wise in my opinion (Koula - Matai different type players obviously).
Great option - I love 7's and the question from most NRL bosses will be defence for good reason, but out of left field where the rewards can have massive upside and I go with you 100%

Very impressed MOB, great find, you're not his manager are you?

Didn't we put in a lot of time and money into a previous rugby sensation a few years back, I reckon most guys who don't cut it league in the junior years gravitate towards rugby, however there has been the odd exception.

Last edited:
If nothing else I think we should be thinking outside the box. Like the idea of another poster to reconnect with Christchurch area as well.
Not a bad thought, but Christchurch is rugby heartland. The whole south island is. Similar to the blacktown allegiance, we would probably be plan B. Even the warriors are and they have all of NZ. I think the club needs to sit down and heavily invest in junior league on the beaches, set up systems and a culture where the kids want to play footy, and more importantly for manly. From my understanding, the comp is merged with north's teams because there isn't enough players/ clubs? For their own comps. Not a good thing at all. I would also move heaven and earth to make the bears our NSW cup team for a long and healthy relationship for access to the coast.

Sounds very similar to Tom Wright

He worked out well for Manly - not

Des doesn't have the foresight to sign players like this

He is still using the Fulton method of big lumbering forwards

Des is out there looking for the next dumbo the elephant to play prop to replace Marty he will probably sign Sharon Woods or bring back Aiden Tolman or Greg Eastwood from retirement

Assuming things settle in the off season with our players, why would we look at someone that can only crack sevens? I knew a guy growing up "next big thing" ran around Tigers jnrs but never had the ability to crack 13 man let alone the 15s

7s is oztag with a few cuddles

His stats don't inspire - and given his position at FB why would we bring him in?

"Thinking outside the box" does not mean forgetting common sense and reason

Last edited:
Didn't we put in a lot of time and money into a previous rugby sensation a few years back, I reckon most guys who don't cut it league in the junior years gravitate towards rugby, however there has been the odd exception.
Those that can, do
Those that can't, go and play rugby?

So a current version of one of the best league centres of all time is just sitting there in club rugby waiting to be picked up?

What are we waiting for?

Not a bad thought, but Christchurch is rugby heartland. The whole south island is. Similar to the blacktown allegiance, we would probably be plan B. Even the warriors are and they have all of NZ. I think the club needs to sit down and heavily invest in junior league on the beaches, set up systems and a culture where the kids want to play footy, and more importantly for manly. From my understanding, the comp is merged with north's teams because there isn't enough players/ clubs? For their own comps. Not a good thing at all. I would also move heaven and earth to make the bears our NSW cup team for a long and healthy relationship for access to the coast.
Hahaha after Northern Eagles debacle that will never happen

No, Twent decided Tom Wright wasn't good enough for Manly.
He is now playing for the Wallabies .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4