Ben Dowling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So a current version of one of the best league centres of all time is just sitting there in club rugby waiting to be picked up?

What are we waiting for?
Think "outside the box" dammit you feeble minded fool. We need to drop a few players to accomodate him and obviously as a FB we want to have him tied up for a few years, so I suspect 350k on a graduating package finishing at 850k the year after signing

Think "outside the box" dammit you feeble minded fool. We need to drop a few players to accomodate him and obviously as a FB we want to have him tied up for a few years, so I suspect 350k on a graduating package finishing at 850k the year after signing

Sorry for making a suggestion @:rolleyes:
FMD this board is full of arseholes these days.

Not sure if he is the right player but agree they do need to expand their thinking re recruitment

Not sure if he is the right player but agree they do need to expand their thinking re recruitment

Thank you mate ! I'm getting belittled once again in yet another thread for making what I thougt would be an ideal buy, for many reasons. They don't debate the subject, but rather just be dickheads about is - see @voicefromthehill reply.

Sorry for making a suggestion @:rolleyes:
FMD this board is full of arseholes these days.
Play the ball not the man

Would be interested to see how this response sits within the T&C for the board

Given your history and propensity to denigrate members of this forum I hope you can balance your immediate need to eviscerate yourself on the sword of "being belittled" and the temple of "lording it over"

Play the ball not the man

Would be interested to see how this response sits within the T&C for the board

Given your history and propensity to denigrate members of this forum I hope you can balance your immediate need to eviscerate yourself on the sword of "being belittled" and the temple of "lording it over"

Sorry didn't get through reading your rubbish reply, finished at "Play". You just keep belittling people for their thought's an ideas cyber bully. You do you. Not sure why you thought your value add in the thread was putting someone's idea down that was outside the box - but that's what online bullies do.

EDIT: Please don't filth up my notifications with a reply. I won't be reading it - but I do get your posting for likes & to put others down.

Sorry didn't get through reading your rubbish reply, finished at "Play". You just keep belittling people for their thought's an ideas cyber bully. You do you. Not sure why you thought your value add in the thread was putting someone's idea down that was outside the box - but that's what online bullies do.
Popcorn GIF by WWE

Too clever for your own good - go back and read my original response, SMS

We have our differences mate,but I give you kudos for looking at positives to try to fix the situation.
I know nothing about the guy so can't say if he would be a fit or not.

Thank you mate - sorry for my replies above in this thread everyone. I've just ignored my first forum poster. But yeah, trying to look at alternatives - this kids footwork is so Jamie Lyon-esque. He was my all time favourite player - had everything, and could play in most positions.

Ben would come super cheap imo. Play centre, but have some ball playing about him. Fast, robust, and smashes them in defense. He will be a wallaby at some point very soon imo.

Union have just recently ordered a massive reduction in costs too, so salaries won't be as elite either.

Assuming things settle in the off season with our players, why would we look at someone that can only crack sevens? I knew a guy growing up "next big thing" ran around Tigers jnrs but never had the ability to crack 13 man let alone the 15s

7s is oztag with a few cuddles

His stats don't inspire - and given his position at FB why would we bring him in?

"Thinking outside the box" does not mean forgetting common sense and reason
How is this being a "dickhead" @Merchant Of Doom ; @lsz

Thank you mate - sorry for my replies above in this thread everyone. I've just ignored my first forum poster. But yeah, trying to look at alternatives - this kids footwork is so Jamie Lyon-esque. He was my all time favourite player - had everything, and could play in most positions.

Ben would come super cheap imo. Play centre, but have some ball playing about him. Fast, robust, and smashes them in defense. He will be a wallaby at some point very soon imo.

Union have just recently ordered a massive reduction in costs too, so salaries won't be as elite either.
"Ignoring is for pussies"

So a current version of one of the best league centres of all time is just sitting there in club rugby waiting to be picked up?

What are we waiting for?

That's where we got JHW from .. Northern Suburbs Rugby ...

Not sure why I am tagged here - I have no issues with the post.

As always if you do have issues please

1. Report the post
2. Feel free to ignore the poster. It will make your life so much better

Not sure what's he's said, I'm sure it's something demeaning to me - but I've ignored him. As mentioned to smokin, apologies for rising to his obvious fishing attempt.

Ben Dowling​

Found this about him reasonably quick off the mark, Good height weight ok could put a few more on but is young
Sharp-stepping Ben Dowling also had a day to remember with two tries and selection in Australia’s sevens team for the Commonwealth Games.

His slick finishing showed exactly why he’s a weapon in the open spaces of sevens rugby.
Who knows they should be looking at these kids anyways

Athletic profile​

10m Sprint 1.79*Seconds
20m Sprint 2.94*Seconds
40m Sprint 5.12*Seconds
Height 181*Centimeters
Weight 78.0*Kilograms

More aboutBen Dowling​

CountryAustralia
StateNew South Wales
Age22
GenderMale
Height181* Centimeters
Weight78.0* Kilograms
SportRugby Union (NSW) - Schools
TeamsSt Josephs College, NSW - Rugby Union, NSW Gen Blue - U18's

Ben Dowling​

Found this about him reasonably quick off the mark, Good height weight ok could put a few more on but is young , Who knows they should be looking at these kids anyways

Athletic profile​

10m Sprint 1.79*Seconds
20m Sprint 2.94*Seconds
40m Sprint 5.12*Seconds
Height 181*Centimeters
Weight 78.0*Kilograms

More aboutBen Dowling​

CountryAustralia
StateNew South Wales
Age22
GenderMale
Height181* Centimeters
Weight78.0* Kilograms
SportRugby Union (NSW) - Schools
TeamsSt Josephs College, NSW - Rugby Union, NSW Gen Blue - U18's

Oh wow, thank you mate ! Didn't realise he was already a rep player (well, besides Australian Rugby 7's).

Keep in mind there's been a few great transitions from union to league so should not write off the idea....in fact I encourage the idea....names like Wally Lewis, Mick O'connor would be welcome to Manly today as Gold, these are simply options and NONE should be closed, there is 100% players in the other code who would be a success in Rugby league.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9