Ben Barba suspended indefinitely

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
strone33 said:
Slothfield at it again, from his blog:

"
It’s obviously hard to be a superstar. That’s what my column will be about tomorrow. Hayne, Marshall, Inglis, Stewart, Johns - they’ve all had issues and overcome them. "

What a fu*ing joke! Brett Stewart had no issues until a con man and his daughter made up BS about Brett and then gallop, slothfield and all the rest of the media hung him out to dry!.

I think he means Brett Stewart would not have went through what he did, if he wasn't a public figure.

Greenburg is a good operator and got his man with Des.

However I am not sure he came out of the Des conquest with a clean sheet. Remember there were breach of contract issues being openly discussed and all this could not have helped him with the NRL job.

My thinking is that he quite smartly tried to make a pre-emptive strike on the Barba issue, however if after his denial it turns out that there are police issues to come , he is going to look pretty poor.

In some ways it is the opposite to the ASADA fiasco. There we had allegations however no one named (just many clubs 'associated') and now we have someone named with no clear allegations.

So Ben Barba is in trouble and the dirty dogs are going to stand him down, what ever spin is out on this its not a good look for game.

The face of the game has reaped a few victims over the last few years. Brett who was tortured for something he didnt do, Benji Marshall and now Barba.

As a few people have commented on here the difference between how this has been reported so far and the hysteria of 4 years ago over Brett. Like most of you I despise the dogs and their culture.

I do hope the ARLC treats Barba a lot better than how Brett was hung out to dry by Gallop.

I hope the boy can sort his life out as his talent is amazing. Now the dogs are about to go through what we went through and good luck to them.

Now they have a similar challenge to what we had in 09. Bretts trial and hanging by media and his injuries totally dismantled that season for us and now its the dogs turn.

Jatz Crackers said:
What are all these comparisons (Rothfield & posters here) to Bretts case about ?

Two completely different cases with completely different sets of circumstances with completely different reactions by media & fans.

Jatz...stop being the voice of reason!!

And I wonder if this was say the Panthers or Canberra would we be in a tizz??

I dislike the Bulldogs as much as anyone here BUT lets give this kid some space....if it was one of our own you'd be up in arms, so think before you post!!

Greenburg is a used car salesman and as dodgy as they come

Read through Bones post and you can already pick out the bloke tripping over himself multiple times

1 example I will give

"The club decided to get on the front foot with Ben Barba" followed up a bit later by "Ben approached us yesterday asking for help"

Which one is it ?

I don't believe a word that comes from Greenturds mouth the slimy prick. First the Hasler affair, then the sweeping under the carpet of the Mad Monday antics, now this. Alot more to this than Toddy boy let on today. Aint karma a biatch!!!

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
For mind if it is a gambling and booze issue then they have handled it very well. I would like to think Manly would put player welfare ahead of points

If, and it is a big if, it is something else you would think it is going to come out at some stage (and reflect very poorly on all involved)

Where is Des - when he was with us he backed his players in the media constantly - not so with the Dogs - wasnt around when they lost the GF, wasn't around with their end of year drama & not around now.

Everyone in the media are falling over themselves with gushing praise for Greenburg and the way he "handled" himself. Please, all I heard was rhetoric and cliches. He has all the credibility of a rat with a gold tooth.

Just quietly I don't think Des would be happy with how this is being handled... there may be some trouble in paradise as a result...

Ange said:
Where is Des - when he was with us he backed his players in the media constantly - not so with the Dogs - wasnt around when they lost the GF, wasn't around with their end of year drama & not around now.

Des had a prior engagement with HR updating his E-Tag

If the NRL had any brains, their face of the game type profile would go to the guys who over the years have proven themselves, become role models and not just the biggest name of the moment.

imagine the potential in a marketing campaign you could do around someone like Joe Galuvao. Long time servant, hard worker, success at multiple clubs, sits on a train with the people every day to get to training, family man. League is the working class game (or so they say), there's none more working class than that. forget the fancy cars, the set up media appearances, the sponsors hanging off the shoulders showering in product to get in printed shots and focus on the guys who the spotlight often misses, who've proven themselves over the years, and celebrate the foundation theyve laid for the younger player. rather than thrust the younger player straight into this often overbearing spotlight.

Chip and Chase said:
Everyone in the media are falling over themselves with gushing praise for Greenburg and the way he "handled" himself. Please, all I heard was rhetoric and cliches. He has all the credibility of a rat with a gold tooth.
yeah they,ll come out next and say,well handled Todd,here is a lazy 100,000 for the club that the previous CEO left behind,make good use of it

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
well the dogs have taken his player profile off their website already...

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/playerprofiles

Apparently that's how the Dogs look after their players. The family club... Lol..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4