Ben Barba suspended indefinitely

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's about gambling according to Tele front page.

Quite ironic since the Dogs club is the richest through poker machines. This old story has background info on the club's riches (and what pays De$'s salary) -
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-news/rivers-of-gold-in-poker-machine-profit/story-e6freuzi-1226147364343

This is a case of eating your own dog food.

I bet $2.20 he'll be back by round 2.

So ending a personal relationship (if that is actually true) is part of the reasoning to suspend him under the guise of behavioural issues ? Sounds like rubbish to me.

Let's hope the press conference is bought to us by Centrebet or Tom Waterhouse or Tab Sportsbet.

C'mon guys...I hate Canterbury as much as anyone but let's show some class that wasn't afforded to Manly and Brett.

We are bigger than that and shouldn't speculate as we didn't like it done to us.

First and foremost I hope Barba is ok and sorts out his problems asap.

Football is secondary in such matters and I for one wish him all the best in sorting his issues.

GO MANLY!

I read a recent report about him on the pokies at the harbord pub.

Not enough pokies at belmore? Or was he barred from there?

Blowfly said:
C'mon guys...I hate Canterbury as much as anyone but let's show some class that wasn't afforded to Manly and Brett.

We are bigger than that and shouldn't speculate as we didn't like it done to us.

Football is secondary in such matters and I for one wish him all the best in sorting his issues.

GO MANLY!

Massive difference between the 2 issues.

bones said:
Awesome! I hope it's serious and it derails their season before it starts.

Never liked this guy - mentioned in the other week in that post about who you wouldn't want to play at Manly.

Brilliant this - anyone been to the Kennel? LOL

Bulldogs are crap anyway but without him even worse. hehehe

It actually sounds like he made the club aware of his issues and he has been allowed to stand down to deal with them.

Jatz Crackers said:
Blowfly said:

GO MANLY!

Massive difference between the 2 issues.

Don't care how big the difference is...are you saying we have every right to take shots at the bloke because we felt harshly treated at how Brett was dealt with?

I was as furious as anyone with how Brett was treated but that doesn't give us a free swing at Barba.

He's a human being and his health and well being are priority. Our speculation and snickering does nothing but put us on the same level as those who attacked Brett.

Being 'suspended indefinitely' for gambling and alcohol issues just doesnt sound right. Come on this is rugby league, there are a lot of players who do both to excess

Theres something fishy about this and it is standing in the dark behind the current reasons given. 'Behavioural issues' is very ambiguous. I am not buying for one second that Des and Greenburg have stood down their freak player for booze and gambling lol

It's a muggy day today. I might go and put on my blue singlet, the type typically worn by truckies.

Lord Eagleton said:
Being 'suspended indefinitely' for gambling and alcohol issues just doesnt sound right. Come on this is rugby league, there are a lot of players who do both to excess

Theres something fishy about this and it is standing in the dark behind the current reasons given. 'Behavioural issues' is very ambiguous. I am not buying for one second that Des and Greenburg have stood down their freak player for booze and gambling lol

Unless it is causing a significant depressive episode

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7