Beaver on the Footy Show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
looking at last nights footy show the last beaver some of the fans got was from a very close relative

looking at last nights footy show the last beaver some of the fans got was from a very close relative

Gold Fro that is Gold, Gold, Gold 8D

That is possibly the funniest thing you will ever say, so maybe you should just retire from posting and live in the glory of your last post!!

I don't know who the Manly fans were sitting in the front rows of the audience (although one of them had the name of one of the Manly\"factions\" on the back of their jersey) , but with apologies to Jerry Seinfeld, they looked like they had a bit too much chlorine in their gene pools......

Why do some here continually have the need to be critical of other Manly supporters. It appears to me that the only reason that they cop crap on this forum is that they support Manly.

So their crime on Thursday night was what? They took the time to go to Channel 9 studios to provide a backdrop to Manly's greatest ever junior product and who is about to play his 300th NRL game. Another supporter is picked to enter a trivia quiz and gets all the answers regarding Steve correct (and I can assure you he was not briefed on the questions to be asked).

The critics here of other Manly fans have no greater right to support Manly than those that attended on Thursday, the majority here are faceless individuals, those that attended on Thursday are proud that they are Manly suporters and don't hide behind the anomyity of a keyboard.

What makes these attacks even worse is that the comments are made with the knowledge that they are done without fear of a reply.

I thought the "forum wars" days had passed us by, it appears not, although the war is only being fought by one side!

CP,

Thanks for the essay. I am glad to see the war is being fought by only one side. I don't give a **** who is in what faction or whatever seems to be so important to you, but I still think that of whoever the people I saw on the telly were, their family trees wouldn't have as many branches as they should have, if you know what I mean.

Gronk,

If you wish to judge people soley on the way the way they look or dress then you have the right to live your life in that manner.

I would have thought that for the allegeded demographic that this site caters for you would have a broader view of the world. I guess I should not judge this book by its cover then!

I didn't realise the silvertail demographic watched the Footy Show on Thursdays............

What's all this about, I was dining at a sensational Italian restaurant in Canberra.

[quote author=The Gronk]
I don't know who the Manly fans were sitting in the front rows of the audience (although one of them had the name of one of the Manly\"factions\" on the back of their jersey) , but with apologies to Jerry Seinfeld, they looked like they had a bit too much chlorine in their gene pools......

Why do some here continually have the need to be critical of other Manly supporters. It appears to me that the only reason that they cop crap on this forum is that they support Manly.

So their crime on Thursday night was what? They took the time to go to Channel 9 studios to provide a backdrop to Manly's greatest ever junior product and who is about to play his 300th NRL game. Another supporter is picked to enter a trivia quiz and gets all the answers regarding Steve correct (and I can assure you he was not briefed on the questions to be asked).

The critics here of other Manly fans have no greater right to support Manly than those that attended on Thursday, the majority here are faceless individuals, those that attended on Thursday are proud that they are Manly suporters and don't hide behind the anomyity of a keyboard.

What makes these attacks even worse is that the comments are made with the knowledge that they are done without fear of a reply.

I thought the "forum wars" days had passed us by, it appears not, although the war is only being fought by one side!

[/quote]
Corso ,keep up your constant whining ,I am beginning to think we should call you Corso Patricia !

What CP is saying is right... you shouldn't pay out on people just on what they look like.. but i think everyone has done it before.

But what's the point in getting offended by it?

Someone was asking the question on which side would win from the mid 90's, or todays team. Another guy came back with the fact that we'd have to clone Beaver.
I'd like to up the ante on Fluffy's comment about enjoying Beaver on television, and say that I would always LOVE to get the opportunity to see Beaver on Beaver live in MY loungeroom !!!!

im happy to see them out there representing the eagles.they deserve immense credit when we lazy supporters just sit on the couch.

although i do prey they were well looked after by their attendants,helped back into their restraints and chaperoned safely back to their respective wards afterwards.

I wonder if the club approached any of the silvertail clientelle to be a part of the gig?

I'm sure there'd have been takers and they may have presented an image more in keeping with the club's North Shore demographic (few of whom would have been watching the Footy Show quite frankly).

I wonder if the Manly clubs supporter base is still as "north shore" as it has been in the past?

Whilst there was a special reason yesterday reports & TV coverage showed a good pecentage of the supporters at Penrith yesterday were supporting Manly.

As Wheel so poignantly stated as a true Manly fan he would watch it from his loungeroom rather than travel west.

Whilst our heartland will always be Manly our supporter base is moving, no doubt in part due to the real estate prices in the Northern Beaches areas.

In the area of the JT stand in which we sit we are surrounded by about 20 people whom we have come to know. In that group only 6 live in the northern beaches, a further 5 live on the north shore and the remaining 9 travel more than 60 minutes to reach Brookvale.

There are stacks of of manly supporters west of Parramatta.

I played in a oztag comp at Blacktown and 2 of the 8 teams where made up of Manly supporters. I was very surprised.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6