Bears get logo, now for an NRL jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
centralcoastbears_narrowweb__300x320,0.jpg

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/bears-get-logo-now-for-the-nrl/2009/03/21/1237526389790.html

got to here and I laughed

if you want to read the whole story, you know what to do
\"Whether you're an old Bears supporter or a new one, that's a logo you can fall in love with and be happy to wear.\"

The only ones who would want to read this story are the same morons that go to  Bears supporters meeting in the phone box outside Percys Hotel

it's an alright logo though, good luck to em I say

The Bears deserve no luck Dan.  They are scum, have always been scum and will forever be scum.  If they were serious about getting back into the NRL, then they should go to W.A.  The 'Western Bears' have a ring to it.

DSM5 link said:
The Bears deserve no luck Dan.  They are scum, have always been scum and will forever be scum.  If they were serious about getting back into the NRL, then they should go to W.A.  The 'Western Bears' have a ring to it.

I think your looking at it the wrong way.

I would prefer Norths in the comp over Souths for instance. Having a true local derby and an absolute true rivalry would be good for us and something missing since the Bears were last in the comp. Imagine how good it would be beating them every time and reminding them of how they failed and we booted them from the comp before

Whilst I enjoyed beating them it was really like taking taking candy off a baby in the end - just way too easy. 

The sooner that Arse Clown Gallop put a bullet through this mob the better, but knowing the **** he is he will string them along for another few years

You dream wheel would be in a telephone box with Ian Roberts.  Or Max krillich who can discuss his 100% coaching record.   

Norths won their fair share of games in the eithties and nineties against manly. 

I would rather the bears in the comp than Melbourne.

At least they will have a huge junior nursery on the central coast which is something that the storm will never have in Melbourne.  

It will bring financial benefits for the central coast as well as restablishing the local derby between norths and manly.

However I still think that they need to get away form the bears identity and establish their own central coast team without any baggage.  

Bring Back the Bears !!! Would add plenty to the comp, and more importantly, another massive game for us to look forward to each year

a big junior base for us to plunder would be great :)

I knew plenty of Norths supporters. What a forlorn bunch, always hoping but every year copping the same result. Just for that pack of perennial losers they should have a team back. The local derbys were fantastic and the sight of Nazi like bear flags flapping and their antiquated band filling the airwaves was something to see and hear.

I've got no problem with adding another but not within a bees dick of Sydney that's just plain dumb. If someone has to go to the central coast it should be an existing Sydney team relocating there when they exhaust all other options. The central coast people really don't need their own team that just need to get off their arses and drive down the express way.

Future growth should be Sunshine coast, W.A or maybe even Coffs harbour.

I think this would be very good for Manly.  It will mean no more home games at Bluetongue and stop these rumours of relocating which seem to pop up every year or so.  A local derby would be good financially because it should bring more people to Brookvale Oval from North Sydney and the Central Coast

eagle_predator link said:
Was it 1922 for their last GF win they have a lot to offer the NRL  ;D

You are slightly wrong there.  Norths have never won a Grand Final. Back then they didn't have a grand final at the end of the season.  It was basically whoever was on top of the ladder at the end of the season were the premiers.  Norths were the Premiership winners in 1921 & again in 1922.  The NSWRL introduced the Grand Final in 1954 so Norths GF trophy cabinet is well and truely empty.

CENTRAL Coast Bears officials will lobby television networks in a bid to convince them the NRL must have 18 teams in 2012.

The North Sydney-aligned venture seeking entry to the premiership unveiled its logo and colours at the weekend as it bids to take advantage of the publicity surrounding Sunday's South Sydney-Newcastle game at BlueTongue Stadium.

Bears chief executive Greg Florimo has revealed more detail, saying "it depends on the NRL but we believe 2012 is a reasonable date".

As the Bears' steering committee finalised its pitch document for an NRL return, it has emerged that:

- The new club would play one or two games a season at North Sydney Oval;

- a figure of $15 million in equity is the aim before a ball is kicked;

- the business plan shows the Bears making a profit after just two seasons, without any special funding from the league;

- North Sydney people currently on the steering committee will give up their places to Central Coast-based officials;

- and that the consortium is willing to deal with any Sydney team interested in relocating to Gosford.

Florimo confirmed that in his last meeting with David Gallop that the NRL chief executive said there would be no expansion in the foreseeable future.

"We don't want to deathride any other team. We believe the NRL should go to 18 teams," Florimo said.

"We'd like to think we're next in line. There is a new broadcasting deal up for negotiation in 2012 and it's a matter of convincing the broadcasters that 18 teams is the way to go.

"We haven't spoken to them yet but we plan to make contact with them shortly."

"Gallop appreciated our desire to come back but when we spoke before Christmas was still of the view there would be no expansion."

The Bears finalised their bid at a board meeting last Thursday.

Interesting to read that Florimo sees the TV heavies, and not Gallop, as the ones controlling the game.  He's right.  Gallop is on the way out the door and Florimo sees him as irrelevant.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6