Baz wanted us to hurt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This reminds me of the forum melt down post 2007 GF after the helicopter and beers in the change room.

Many claims that players couldn't care acting like that after the biggest game of the year, not a regular season match against the favourites for the title missing plenty of keys players.

I say helicopters all round given when the wang man did the following year.

This reminds me of the forum melt down post 2007 GF after the helicopter and beers in the change room.

Many claims that players couldn't care acting like that after the biggest game of the year, not a regular season match against the favourites for the title missing plenty of keys players.

I say helicopters all round given when the wang man did the following year.

Waaay ahead of you Fluffy. Another great thing about living in Qld. You can helicopter all year round!!

why the shoosh though? if the fans are bagging said player, then the fans already know this...this isn't a back office or in- house Journo thing..

Anyone who thinks that the boys aren't hurting as the losses mount must not have played any form of competitive sport. To be in the position that they are (playing NRL) they have to be competitive by nature. Every loss would be hurting them. The key is whether they have the motivation and willingness to do anything about it. I'm starting to question if some players (i.e. Myles) actually want to stop the hurt right now.

Anyone who thinks that the boys aren't hurting as the losses mount must not have played any form of competitive sport. To be in the position that they are (playing NRL) they have to be competitive by nature. Every loss would be hurting them. The key is whether they have the motivation and willingness to do anything about it. I'm starting to question if some players (i.e. Myles) actually want to stop the hurt right now.

So, ummm DID you see Myles 5-10 mins after the game with his Bronco buddies? Taggy, put it this way - he didn't look devastated. He looked as though he just walked out of a Cheech and Chong show.

I've been to one, and trust me, it was gold.

So, ummm DID you see Myles 5-10 mins after the game with his Bronco buddies? Taggy, put it this way - he didn't look devastated. He looked as though he just walked out of a Cheech and Chong show.

I've been to one, and trust me, it was gold.
Could you see them through the smoke in the room?

Earned a lot of respect that day. Was very interesting to see the two different mindsets.

Knights players were devastated, and even crying.

Manly players were laughing up a storm.

This, we wanted to hurt bull**** is insulting. They showed us how they really felt post match.

To be fair, Dane Gagai's grandmother passed away the day of the game. I don't think the result of the game had all that much to do with how emotional he was; much more likely that having a game of footy to play had taken his mind off the loss of his grandmother to some extent, and it hit him like a tonne of bricks once the game was over.

The other Newcastle players would have been aware of his loss, and good on them (esp. Tariq Sims) for the way they looked after him and consoled him.

But as much as we (as fans) don't like to see it, it's a fact of life that the players don't hate opposing teams the way we do. They've come through juniors together, played in rep sides together, have been teammates in club sides at one time or another, or may be in the future. You can't blame them for going back to being mates once the game is over.

Think I heard his grandmother just died, plus there was a story that he might have been racially abused (though not sure if that was during or maybe after the game).

Apparently the racial abuse was after the game, when he was crying. Pretty low act, even accounting for the fact they wouldn't have known why he was so upset.

Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure it's three years also
It'll be three matches if they keep dishing up that ****. He looks out of his depth in interviews and in the games. Yes we've had injuries but most teams do.and yes it does make a big difference who fronts the media - its a part of that so called myth culture. Culture is real and it's more than just a buzzword- its what you accept as a team and an individual whatever the standard is - if you condone it or create it you're a part of it. At present there is a distinct lack of leadership, ownership and acceptance in my opinion. Whrre do we want to be? At present we seem content with only wanting to lose games by a few points - when has that ever been a part of our culture? But it's very easy to sit here on my fat arse while they bust a gut each week but the effort isn't there for mine and that's the disappointing thing. It's partly the players it's mostly the coach in giving them direction. A Wise man once said there are two ways to motivate people through threats or inspiration what does zoolander do?

To be fair, Dane Gagai's grandmother passed away the day of the game. I don't think the result of the game had all that much to do with how emotional he was; much more likely that having a game of footy to play had taken his mind off the loss of his grandmother to some extent, and it hit him like a tonne of bricks once the game was over.

The other Newcastle players would have been aware of his loss, and good on them (esp. Tariq Sims) for the way they looked after him and consoled him.

But as much as we (as fans) don't like to see it, it's a fact of life that the players don't hate opposing teams the way we do. They've come through juniors together, played in rep sides together, have been teammates in club sides at one time or another, or may be in the future. You can't blame them for going back to being mates once the game is over.
very sorry for the young man ... I wasn't aware of that when I commented

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4