'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol I loved his act... Don't get me wrong, I love humble fighters too, the golovkins, the pacmans etc, but Floyd made fights must see with his sh!t talk and persona..

It's when clowns like Mundine do it that I get annoyed...
Mundine almost cut and pasted Floyd's speils, but then floyd backed it up beating the likes of Canelo, Judah, Gatti,delay hoya,Pacman,Hatton, Marquez, Cotto... All future hall of famers and that's only the guys I can think of...
Mundine fought brickies and chippies and had to move states as fights couldn't get sanctioned as the opponents were too poor...

Floyd was a game changer
it's quite a roll-call isn't it...

... and ODH is about the only one that even got close....

it's quite a roll-call isn't it...

... and ODH is about the only one that even got close....
Yea that was a very close fight. Oscar was an extremely gifted boxer and he could barely land a glove on Floyd.
I remember watching Floyd just stand in the corner and roll his shoulders with every punch.. not 1 would land on him and ide think how the f#$k is this possible.
Def doesn't get the credit he deserves .. there's alot of salty boxing fans around lol

Hooked off the field not performing and fronting the media . Fck what a tragedy

Mums being hooked by their alcoholic , drug addict , assaulting, gambling womanizing husband or a husband that has been killed and left them with kids to feed and a house to find with little money and fronting life on their own .

Footballers are doing it so tough mate . I feel sorry for them to the point I will start to cry
You are inadvertently proposing the idea that the only humans allowed to show emotion or get upset are those experiencing serious trauma. However, the human emotional response is far too complex to be understood in such simple terms.

Going by your logic, the next time I see a new born baby crying for food, I should remind them of their charmed life and tell them to shut the **** up?!
But no...
The baby’s response is innately human and relative to the context of their reality. Kyle Flanagan is no different. His emotional response is relative to the context of his reality.
You are robbing this young man of a basic human right to feel, simply because he hasn’t been to war or had an abusive husband!

what you are doing is also kinda ironic. You are having an emotional response (that of mystified disapproval) to Kyle’s emotional response and in doing so, have positioned yourself as having the final say on everybody else’s perception of reality. Have you ever considered why a starving African can smile in the face of great adversity, whilst a privileged white man can take his own life? A little thing called context. That context is what separates one man’s reality from another. Whatever happens in that context cannot be fairly judged against the context of another man’s reality which is why your perspective is flawed. It’s your own and no one else’s...and that’s ok too but you have to know it is your own to avoid slinging arrows at undeserving bystanders.

Last edited:
You are inadvertently proposing the idea that the only humans allowed to show emotion or get upset are those experiencing serious trauma. However, the human emotional response is far too complex to be understood in such simple terms.

Going by your logic, the next time I see a new born baby crying for food, I should remind them of their charmed life and tell them to shut the **** up?!
But no...
The baby’s response is innately human and relative to the context of their reality. Kyle Flanagan is no different. His emotional response is relative to the context of his reality.
You are robbing this young man of a basic human right to feel, simply because he hasn’t been to war or had an abusive husband!

Amazing post mate.

Sorry @BOZO , love ya bro, and respect your opinion, but this take, I'm really not on board with, mate. I know, I struggle with anxiety, depression, stress on a daily basis, and get in some really dark places - and I mean DARK.

Different triggers for each individual is real (as @Snake alluded to) , and affects them as much as a different type of trigger affects someone else.

Amazing post mate.

Sorry @BOZO , love ya bro, and respect your opinion, but this take, I'm really not on board with, mate. I know, I struggle with anxiety, depression, stress on a daily basis, and get in some really dark places - and I mean DARK.

Different triggers for each individual is real (as @Snake alluded to) , and affects them as much as a different type of trigger affects someone else.
being able to recognise, analyse and discuss your own mental function/issues is a very big step in dealing with it/them @Ryan...

...keep on keeping on son, you are certainly not paddling that boat solo....

being able to recognise, analyse and discuss your own mental function/issues is a very big step in dealing with it/them @Ryan...

...keep on keeping on son, you are certainly not paddling that boat solo....

Thx mate, appreciate that. And that's my outlook too nowadays.

Every time I see or meet someone, regardless of who they are, what they look like, sound like, act like....I consider, they could be in the same position as me (or worse), so I always handle everyone with respect, courtesy, reassurance and validation if I can.

People can look attractive, fit, muscly, happy, but struggle big time.

People and life are precious.

Bleh, I sound preachy, and like a softcock, sorry hahaha

Amazing post mate.

Brave post mate and take care! The world is full of too much hate and not enough compassion for one another.

Thx mate, appreciate that. And that's my outlook too nowadays.

Every time I see or meet someone, regardless of who they are, what they look like, sound like, act like....I consider, they could be in the same position as me (or worse), so I always handle everyone with respect, courtesy, reassurance and validation if I can.

People can look attractive, fit, muscly, happy, but struggle big time.

People and life are precious.

Bleh, I sound preachy, and like a softcock, sorry hahaha
laugh emoji is for the last line... the rest is deadly serious... and on the money...

people judge all the time based on their own perspective (as @Snake rightly points out)... thing is that few people take the time to accurately, or adequately, judge themselves... people suffering mental stress/anguish/disorder have no option but to face that self-judgment...

One thing I have learnt is that it is very important to take the time to care about others mate - because otherwise it all becomes a bit pointless when you no longer care about yourself...

Floyd is the best boxer I've ever seen ay..
The whole point of boxing is to hit and not get hit...
As much as Ppl whinge about his style, he has spent 20 years of his career in nothing but title fights, and even tho he "runs" (allegedly) he still manages to outland his opponents by a large majority . Freak
That's it - it was the not getting hit part that makes him the best.

But no...

what you are doing is also kinda ironic. You are having an emotional response (that of mystified disapproval) to Kyle’s emotional response and in doing so, have positioned yourself as having the final say on everybody else’s perception of reality. Have you ever considered why a starving African can smile in the face of great adversity, whilst a privileged white man can take his own life? A little thing called context. That context is what separates one man’s reality from another. Whatever happens in that context cannot be fairly judged against the context of another man’s reality which is why your perspective is flawed. It’s your own and no one else’s...and that’s ok too but you have to know it is your own to avoid slinging arrows at undeserving bystanders.
Superb post.

laugh emoji is for the last line... the rest is deadly serious... and on the money...

people judge all the time based on their own perspective (as @Snake rightly points out)... thing is that few people take the time to accurately, or adequately, judge themselves... people suffering mental stress/anguish/disorder have no option but to face that self-judgment...

One thing I have learnt is that it is very important to take the time to care about others mate - because otherwise it all becomes a bit pointless when you no longer care about yourself...

Exactly, mate.

So this kid, Flannagan, who's dedicated his life towards one goal, has so many people around him judging, testing, measuring him, ready to dump / drop him, would have so much expectation and pressure.

He'd be feeling self doubt, that he's let people down, upset, frustrated.

I mean, he hasn't exactly got the Harlem Globe Trotters around him at present on the field. Barrett's acquisitions have been awful. Just awful. Cotric for example was a world beater at Canberra.

I really feel for the kid. Actually same goes for Croker here, playing out of position, getting better, often injured, tries his guts out. Just gets torn apart here. That said, imo, he's getting better every game transitioning to a dummy half.

P.S. I like Croker, and hope he absolutely excels.

But no...

Well said @Snake

Exactly, mate.

So this kid, Flannagan, who's dedicated his life towards one goal, has so many people around him judging, testing, measuring him, ready to dump / drop him, would have so much expectation and pressure.

He'd be feeling self doubt, that he's let people down, upset, frustrated.

I mean, he hasn't exactly got the Harlem Globe Trotters around him at present on the field. Barrett's acquisitions have been awful. Just awful. Cotric for example was a world beater at Canberra.

I really feel for the kid. Actually same goes for Croker here, playing out of position, getting better, often injured, tries his guts out. Just gets torn apart here. That said, imo, he's getting better every game transitioning to a dummy half.

P.S. I like Croker, and hope he absolutely excels.
totally agree...

I was always in the Croker camp (mainly because he works so hard in defence) although I must admit it frustrated the sh*t out of me watching him in the dummy half role early this year... he has definitely honed his skills and it may end up being a master-stroke by Des yet (crosses fingers)...

I am no Flanagan fan (football wise) but I don't see the point in piling on to a kid (and he is still a kid) who is obviously stressed out of his mind right now.... he wasn't up there offering excuses or asking for a free ride - he was just emotional when asked about what it means to have his dad in his corner...

I watched the bulldogs game on Sunday and that kid was trying his hardest to have an impact.... but NONE of it was coming off, which happens sometimes when you try too hard.... I am not surprised that it all got a bit much for him...

100%
But he still managed to outland his opponent in every fight... It's why I never got the hate...
it was always the persona and chat outside of the fights that did me.... bit like mcgregor, it doesn't matter to me how good you are at something if you are just a d*ck of a person and BOTH of those lads come across as that...

I am not talking about the fight hype either - i get that... it's the 'I have x and you have nothing' BS that 'money' always carries on with - or with Conor it is generally anything that comes out of his mouth...

it was always the persona and chat outside of the fights that did me.... bit like mcgregor, it doesn't matter to me how good you are at something if you are just a d*ck of a person and BOTH of those lads come across as that...

I am not talking about the fight hype either - i get that... it's the 'I have x and you have nothing' BS that 'money' always carries on with - or with Conor it is generally anything that comes out of his mouth...
I do understand that.. it's not everyone's cup of tea.. I like it in moderation..
I used to be a big fan of Conor... Loved the talk, loved that he backed it up...the fact he STILL talks like that, despite winning only 1 (,hand picked gimme )fight in his last 5 has really put me off him... You can't talk about how much better than everyone you are when you havnt stopped a guy since 2016 legitimately. (cowboy was hand picked to be an easy knockout and I don't even justify that crap on his record)

I do understand that.. it's not everyone's cup of tea.. I like it in moderation..
I used to be a big fan of Conor... Loved the talk, loved that he backed it up...the fact he STILL talks like that, despite winning only 1 (,hand picked gimme )fight in his last 5 has really put me off him... You can't talk about how much better than everyone you are when you havnt stopped a guy since 2016 legitimately. (cowboy was hand picked to be an easy knockout and I don't even justify that crap on his record)
Did you hear the story about Conor the other day?

He made 800M by selling his whiskey business and then bought the pub where he punched the old bloke for 3.1M...

...and then barred the old guy from drinking there... old mate had been a regular for 13 odd years...

Is that the most petty sh*t you have ever heard or what? All the money in the world and you want to ruin some poor old geeza because he would not drink with you... pathetic...

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6